MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra***

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra*** Empty
PostSubject: MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra***   MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra*** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:47 am

Hello All,

I have recently acquired a MGC Colt Goverment 1911 PFC Model gun.
This is using the linked short-recoil cp-hw blowback system using new
.45ACP catridges.

As described on this forum, i am loading the CP-HW catridges, using
a gun-oil for lubrication within the catridge base. The primer is loaded first, next the 7mm Marushin PFC cap is pushed in, and the piston is loaded gently and is positioned on the top of the catridge base.
Now, the gun fires perfectly for the first shot, with lot of smoke &
noise and spent shell ejection, but the hammer does not get
cocked for next firing. I am grasping the gun correctly, with the
grip safety depressed.

In other words, i can't fire sub-automatically with it, the first time,
i pull the slide & cock the hammer and it fires normally, but after
firing the first round, the spent shell is ejected, but the hammer
does not get cocked!.

Looking fwd. to any help on this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Ashish

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra*** Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra***   MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra*** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 am

***Post by shazhib***

ashkalra,

Welcome to the forum from India!

So, it fires, the round been ejected, slide back and load next round into a chamber.....but...hammer is not cocked. Is that right?
That is very strange. Check smoothness around disconnector and sear. Take down a slide from frame, manually cock the hammer and check if it been cocked or not. If not, I would assume you want to re-assemble sear and disconnector area.

cheers,

Shaz,

P.S. Can you buy modelguns in India?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra***   MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra*** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:50 am

***Post by ashkalra***

Hello Shaz,

Thanks for the welcome. It was great to find out that there is a forum
exisiting for model guns.

> So, it fires, the round been ejected, slide back and load next round into > a chamber.....but...hammer is not cocked. Is that right?

Yes, this is exactly what is happening.

> That is very strange. Check smoothness around disconnector and sear. > Take down a slide from frame, manually cock the hammer and check if > it been cocked or not. If not, I would assume you want to re-assemble > sear and disconnector area.

Actually, sometimes when i simply pull back the slide for the first time, the hammer is not cocked always. But, when i pull back the slide, the
slide does remain backward and the hammer is fully cocked, before
i press the slide release.

Though i have never disassembled a gun before, i will try to do it, to
understand the problem further. Will i be able to disassemble the model-gun if have a manual with english instructions ?

> P.S. Can you buy modelguns in India

Though, they are not directly available in a shop, as compared to airsoft which you still find in many toy shops in India, but these airsoft are the
cheap-airsoft from China, not the Tokyo Marui stuff.

I ordered and received via parcel mail the model-gun from Japan and it came directly to my doorstep without any hasles. As such, i have heard that a lot of model guns ( and blank guns ) are used in the Indian movie industry and there is no need of a license to procure blank-guns and PFC model guns.

Thanks,
Ashish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra***   MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Colt Government M1911 Model Gun Problem ***Originally posted by ashkalra***
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun Problems-
Jump to: