MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Empty
PostSubject: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:01 pm

Posted by metradio July 31, 2006

From November 2005 -
Quote :
The UK Government have amended the Violent Crime Control Bill, and as it stands it will not now ban the manufacture, import or sale of deactivated firearms provided that they have been inspected under the provisions of section 8 of the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988. (I.e. they have an inspection proofmark and Proof House certificate).
Looking at the current amended version of the VCB it does look like deacts have been excluded from the bill:
Section 36(10) of the VCR Bill

Last edited by Cerwyn on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Claymore

Well thats one good thing the airsofters seem to have more hope at the moment, i have to say they bill needs to be dropped as how the hell is it going to be workable with all these changes and exemptions. It should never of been considerd in the first place but now they need to just burn the paper they wrote it on
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by metradio

Not that I am complaining, but how when they are banning the sale of anything that looks like a real firearm, can they exempt a real firearm that has been deactivated??? It still looks exactly like the real deal - well it is... De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_rolleyes
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by rizzo

The whole bill is a farce, as we all know. There is already legislation to deal with all eventualities. All it needs is enforcing.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Posted August 1, 2006

Did anybody watch the 6pm news a few nights ago?
The reporter had apparently purchased a de-activated UZI for £450 online and then taken it to an Armourer / Gunsmith. Now then, according to the news story, 90mins or so later, ths gunsmith had replaced a few parts, done some machining work, and then proceeded to load up a mag' with live 9mm rounds and had a fully functional UZI firing down a range!
How the hell did they manage that? Every de-activated gun I've seen's either been welded up that tight or drilled like a piece of Swiss Cheese that there's noway you could get it working ever, let alone 90mins !
Is this a case of the media creating a fuss over something they know nothing about? Again?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Doc

It was a pre 95 old spec (moving parts still allowed) and Yes the Hack took it to a qualified armourer that happened to have access to spare Uzi barrels/bolts and machinery to set it live again (oh yes and 9mm ammo)

and in doing so the Journalist (a term applied very lightly) actually broke UK law by buying a deact with the intent to make live again.

I bet he won`t get charged for this either .

Oh I think I`ll get drunk and drive home from work and then call it "research"
(of course I am only joking and would never advise ANYONE to drink and drive )

How on earth can they ban ABS toys and allow real deact stuff ...the simple reason is that "they" didnt realise that there would be so many people affected by the banning of Deacts..... Museums , people with them on military vehicles etc ...so they dropped this part as it was too much hassle for them.

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 pm

I did wonder whether that armourer had taken the still servicable bits off the de-activated gun and used those to build a working weapon with his (presumably legally owned) real UZI parts to make a working gun.
Whether or not the more criminal faction of the population would have real UZI spares laying about on their garage shelves just waiting for a few bits to finish a build is open to question.
Sensationalism is the name of the game here, journos and MP's with no knowledge at all sticking their interfering noses in and screwing it up for everybody.
They even stooped low enough to interview a Father whose son had been shot by someody using an UZI, apparently. This poor guy was presented with the de-activated UZI and told that THIS is what killed his son! Don't misunderstand me here, I have every sympathy for the gentleman but come on... there's no need for that is there?
Anyway, rather than get into political debates (this ain't the forum for that!) at least a small bit of common sense may have prevailed here... They may not ban them after all!
Cerwyn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...   De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

De-Activated Guns may NOT be banned in the UK...
Page 1 of 1