MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full Bore Rifle Shooting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Full Bore Rifle Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Full Bore Rifle Shooting   Full Bore Rifle Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by Phil_D

Anyone in the UK participate in this activity?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Bore Rifle Shooting   Full Bore Rifle Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by MT01

Hi,

Not now, but used to as a cadet - mainly at Altcar up north or Bisley down south.
Loved the .303 - still the best fun of all the rifles I fired as a cadet (miles more fun than the poxy 5.56 cadet rifle that was introduced later).
The rate of fire achieved on falling plate competitions was pretty phenomenal for a bolt action rifle, and the kick in the shoulder you get is so sweet. Its just how a rifle should feel. Has to be one of the best of its time.
Also used to have an L81A1 7.62 target rifle as well as part of the cadet full bore team - single rounds though (before the receiver cracking problem)

I really miss full bore target shooting. If I had more time, I'd seriously think about joining the NRA, but as it is I barely have time for modelguns even now.

Do you shoot full bore or planning to?
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Bore Rifle Shooting   Full Bore Rifle Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Claymore

No, to be honest it has more to do with the hassle of getting a certificate, the security, findaing a range of place to shoot and then the expensive. i thought of black powder pistol shooting but again the cert and then the separate cert for keeping black powder just to much hassle, hence why i just clay shoot these days.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Bore Rifle Shooting   Full Bore Rifle Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Phil_D

Yes it is a lot of hassle, but my future son-in-laws best friends father is the senior police sniper so my daughter, (who works with him) has asked him for help in finding a good club with the facilities for full bore/full power shooting Full Bore Rifle Shooting Icon_smile

To be honest Claymore some of the prices i have seen for rifles work out cheaper then modelguns!, i know there are other costs as well but like most past times/hobbies it tends to be a one-off/start-up expense.

Anyway we will see what happens, i may be too much of a nut case to get a certificate, a firearm one that is Full Bore Rifle Shooting Icon_wink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Bore Rifle Shooting   Full Bore Rifle Shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full Bore Rifle Shooting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: General Firearms Discussions-
Jump to: