MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.A.M. Colt Commando

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

R.A.M. Colt Commando Empty
PostSubject: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Phobus

Does anyone on here know anything about these guns ??

I just acquired one of these . It is a very nice replica , very heavy , solid and convincing apart from the oversize bore and the stock which kind of gives it away .

Unfortunately , mine came used with no instructions , and amongst other things I am none too sure how to charge the thing ?? The bottle attaches to the rear with a sliding stoick which slips on over it . You need bulk CO2 and an adapter to use this bottle .

I am not sure if the big Crosman airsource bottles will go on without modifications and even if they do , I doubt the stock will fit over it so it would look a bit crap R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_confused I don,t know what other options there are for charging .

Also , I want some rubber ball ammo as I don,t do paintball and some ally cases because I don,t like the plastic ones that came with it . If anyone has any info, about these models it would be greatly appreciated as I can,t find much on the net .

These models are apparantly EXEMPT from the VCR as they are not considered replicas ??? WTF ? Are you sure ? and they are regarded as another of the many grey areas in this garbage VCR nonesense . One paintball website I visited said that if they have a HOPPER attached , they are not regarded as realistic .
If not fitted , they ARE considered realistic . But the Police don,t want to know !! and there you go with another interesting loophole : just attach a HOPPER to your real AK47 and you can walk down the street with it safe in the knowledge that you possess an UNREALISTIC replica !!

thanks

CARL. R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_rolleyes
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 am

Post by 2sharp

These?

http://www.rap4.com/pursuit/

R.A.M. Colt Commando Normal_2R.A.M. Colt Commando Shelleject
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 am

Post by hound

Seconded

if these arn't counted as replicas i may have just found my next purchase.

In regard to filling i believe there is an adaptor that will allow you to use 2 of the little co2 powerlets, never seen a review of one being used though.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Spencerman

Dont waste your money on the adaptor to use the large bottles, they dont fit properly due to the lips on the back of the body housing and the thread also being in metric onstead of imperial, so it is slightly off. Other than that...they are a nice gun, although I really need to get my trigger fixed as it broke ages ago, and now my mag release has also snapped, but I may fix it up if I get a chance as they are great fun. If you open it up, similar to how you would the real thing, then you will see the paintball gun housing inside the outer shell. At the rear, there are two screws. One should be covered by a seal, do not tamper with this one as this controls the fire pressure (so that you can turn it down for children etc.) but if you turn it up then it will be classed as a firearm and require an FAC. The other screw is where the fun starts, as it controls your rate of fire, and can be set from anything like 1 shot every three seconds, to 12 shots per second. You just simply load it up with air and then fire, turning the screw one way or the other until you are happy. As for filling the bottles, you can get them filled at your local paintball site. Alternatively you can hire a CO2 bottle from your local hardware shop, buy a charging kit and do it yourself. I tried this, and only ever managed to get about 1 magazine worth from it, but when the paintball site charged it for me I got about 7 or 8 mags out of it before I started loosing power. You can buy a powerlet adaptor, and these are good and well worth the money. They basically are about the same size as the standard tube that comes with the gun, so the stock fits on without any problem. They open up, and you pop in two 12g powerlets back to back. These will then give you about 3 magazines worth before they start to lose power. Great for home use. The rubber rounds, or compliance rounds as they are properly called, are restricted use under some laws, so you would need to be a little bit careful with those, but they are great as they are reuseable and also the cases too, so the ammo becomes really cheap, three mags worth of ammo for the price of two 12g powerlets. I will have a look over the weekend and see if I have any knocking about for you. You will also find, and this is the best bit, that real accessories fit as it is as close to the real thing as possible for training in law enforcement etc. so that they can still use all the standard equipment. I also highly recommend the MP5 variant, as it is not a bit like the lightweight airsoft versions, and feels much more solid than the M4.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 am

Post by ricks

I have one & I love it!
FWIW it can be fitted w/ 3 barrels: airsoft, paintball, or BB/lead pellet. Since the chamber is the same for all of them, sabots are used for airsoft or heavy ammo.

Last edited by ricks on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Phobus

Thanks for response with this guys , much appreciated ,

Spencerman , the guy who sold me the Commando says you can also buy disposable cylinders which just screw in where the bottle goes . Sounds like a useful, possible alternative ?

I think for my purposes the powerlet adapter you described would be best so I will have to contact onecommando to get an idea about prices .

I bought the gun at a good price esp , when you see what they cost new but as I said : no instructions . The ads all describe this mythical power adjuster " 300 - 450fps " and I know the power is described as 1.5 joules + which is a little hot for semi OR full auto imo although I have owned similar power airsofts in the past .

I did not know the rubber rds were restricted and have seen them advertised on several UK websites including airshooter but did not really want to buy several hundred as I doubt I will shoot it that often .
If I did , it would be a first !!

I will try to get a few pics up for you guys to savour . I have to tell you that it is a ,kin tasty looking piece of kit and can,t in all honesty compare it with any replica assault rifle I have owned before including modelguns .

Carl. R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_lol

Here ya go , not the best but these were sent to me prior to purchase .

R.A.M. Colt Commando M4com001

[img][/img]R.A.M. Colt Commando M4com005

Last edited by Phobus on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Spencerman

I think that at the moment you are still ok with the rubber rounds in the uk if you are using them properly (not for self defense) although that may not be a bad use for them! I see that you have a replacement grip. It looks very nice. I forgot to mention the different barrel calibres. The compliance rounds are .43, so you would need to have a .43 barrel in order to fire these. The prepacked paintballs are also .43 with the metal cases, so this is the most popular barrel, however, the loose paintballs with the plastic shells are .40 calibre. Here is where it may sound a little confusing, but it really isnt. The .40 paintballs can be fired more reliably through a .43 barrel when you are firing rapidly because you get less bursting (once one goes, all the others are also coming out so most of those go too) but you get less accuracy because the ball doesnt travel through the barrel snugly like a bullet normally would. The .43 paintballs are more accurate because they fit the barrel properly and travel the length of it snugly, but if it bursts, then you get loads burst. The .40 barrel is specifically for the smaller paintballs, but I believe that it has .40 stamped on the underside. I have never heard of a disposeable CO2 that can screw directly into the back without any adaptor. You can, if you wanted to, use a hose line and external tank if you wanted to, like the Classic Airsoft. Not so much an advantage with the M4 but more suited to the MP5 if you wanted to use a collapseable stock. You can also fire the shells, plastic or metal, without the need for a projectile, as the mechanism for ejecting the empty case works on its own without relying on any sort of propellant to work it, so you can have some fun with it safely indoors! The shells also make a nice pinging sound similar to real brass cartridges, which is great, even the plastic ones, but be warned that the gun is a little bit louder without the projectile in.

I managed to find two boxes of compliance rounds (40 to each box) if you wanted them, I also found a spare magazine if you were interested in that. Drop me PM. Definately get the CO2 adaptor, here it is:

R.A.M. Colt Commando Co2_adapter

It is perfect for home use. It is also worth popping along to your local paintball site and get them to charge the bottle for you, at least then you get to have a go on it!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Phobus

Thanks Spencerman , interested in the kit you have .

The grip has been covered with a very adhesive ribbed rubber material which is great for improving grip , feels right but would have preferred it standard and I imagine getting the stuff off may be a problem and then you get a nasty sticky residue left on the plastic .

The finish is very matt black which does not show in the pics over all the gun including the rubber grip . Not shiny at all.

Thanks for the info, about the barrels . What to do now ?I believe It has a standard .40 barrel as fitted from new and I don,t really want to incur mega expense on new barrels , nor cover the local flora and fauna with RED paint R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_razz I kind of imagined a bit of backyard plinking without the mess of paintballs - nor do I fancy slopping out a barrel full of bits of plastic and paint R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_confused

The ideal thing would be locating .40 cal rubber or plastic balls . Either that or stainless steel armour piercing filled with mercury !!! R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_twisted
Just kidding R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_razz Not had my medication today ...Nurse Ratched !!!
I think I will try a local paintball site and see what they can offer ...

Regards .

CARL.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Phobus

This is the M4 which I just missed buying .

Someone beat me to it . R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_evil the price ? £200 posted without the red dot / Bip .

He who hesitates ......is f**ked R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_rolleyes

Carl.

Nice is,nt it ??

R.A.M. Colt Commando Gun044

[img][/img][img]

R.A.M. Colt Commando Gun040

R.A.M. Colt Commando Gun036[/img]

Notice the airsoft silencer ? Needed modifying to fit the threads and boring out to allow the rds egress . Looks like the one from the Tokyo Marui H&K .45 Socom to me - what a pistol !!!! and howcome we never got a MODELGUN version ??

The sling is genuine M4 item but the red dot is a G & P copy I understand .
I would like to dress my Commando up like this but would like to get some info , on what would be appropriate .

I can,t imagine the Commando with its tiny barrel being used as a sniper weapon , looks more CQB to me but I would like to get a mount and a red dot of some kind ( cheap airsoft copies of course ) anyone have any ideas which items might be best for this model ?

Thx

Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:12 am

Post by 2sharp

Red-dots are for quick shots at close range, they aren't sniper grade optics. Usually not much of magnification.

I'd mount it on the rail directly and not on the carrying handle, for me i'd need a cheekrest if i mounted any optics on the carrying handle. It rides veeery high!
I find it quite odd to use it to mount anything, if i had a flat-top M4.

I'm a sucker for realism and would'nt mount a .45 suppressor on a 5.56 weapon.

But i must admit that it looks good judging from the pics R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_smile

I'd like to have a rail handguards and a vertical frontgrip, maybe a Surefire light frontgrip combo?

Ahh, these cool add-ons!

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:12 am

Post by MadMike

As far as I know there is a RAM HK MP5 too, called RAP 5. But I am not sure if this is my cup of tea as I found the Airsoft AEGs too unrealistic, although they are great fun to play with ...
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Phobus

Thanks 2sharp ,

I may be wrong about the airsoft Socom Suppressor , but ironically the .45 silencer is actually CLOSER to the true bore of the model in question .

The paintball gun is .40 or .43 which is a lot closer to .45 than 5.56 correct ?? R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_lol

I agree about the red dots , but who needs quality optics on a paintball gun ?

The way the gun is dressed would suggest to me more like medium range under 200 metres weapon so possibly what a spotter might carry in a sniper 2 man team ??

Thanks

Carl.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:14 am

Post by 2sharp

Oh yeah, will definitely be more true to the caliber of the ram, but not true to a rs M4, i guess i'm smell about details R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_wink

I'd say spot on in the idea of a spotters gun, i've sucessfully engaged [paper] targets out to 300 meters with an Aimpoint, but i'd say that's about maximum, depending on the size of the reddot though. I think ours is 2 MOA?

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:15 am

Post by ricks

RAP4 makes a "Socom" silencer to fit this model.
If you're in the UK & can get this setup for 200 GBP, run - don't walk - to get it. At current rates, it would sell for 407 USD, which is HALF of what they go for here in the states, as shown. Even without some accessories, a "Plain Jane" RAP4 is about 550 USD / 245 GBP.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Spencerman

The MP5 ram is a fantastic gun, much heavier than the airsoft versions. It has a very solid feel to it, almost as if it is indestructible it feels so solid. The fire selectors are great. Nice, crisp fire select, not a bit like the airsoft versions. Here are a couple of pictures of my personal MP5 version:

R.A.M. Colt Commando PA080001

R.A.M. Colt Commando PA080002

R.A.M. Colt Commando PA080003

In case you are wondering, yes you can do the HK slap with this, and unlike the airsoft, you dont feel like the charging handle will just carry on going when the bolt stops! It is a really nice gun, and I couldnt recommend strongly enough that anyone gets at least one. If you like the M16 series (madmike!) then get yourself one of the M4s, although I did manage to break my trigger and my magazine release, and not through heavy handling, but then I also understand from these model guns, that sometimes these things just happen, just look at Claymore and his Kimber! I have not seen the AK variants, but if they are as good as the M4 and the MP5, then I am sure that they rock. I love my MP5 and tend to it lovingly, although I have managed to rip apart the little rubber flange that sits by the ejection port (just under and to the right of the real steel ejection port) as I do have mine cranked up to splat at a fanatically high rate, but I dont think that I could possibly break anything else on it. They do accept many airsoft accessories, such as sight rails etc. so this makes them cheap to accessorise, but the magazines are slightly larger than the real ones, so the airsoft or the real steel mag clamps will not work on the MP5, I dont know about the M4 or AK though, but would imagine that they are the same.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Spencerman

The other thing that I forgot to mention, is that they are all indiviadually serial numbered. Although they do have the Paintball logo on the gun, on the MP5 you can see it on the right hand side up near the rear sight, it does have the serial number along the top on the MP5, just where it would be on the real gun. It is a nice touch. I would rather have one of these than 50 of those blank firing MP5Ks, not that I think that they are that bed, just that I think that these paintball ones are so much better, they really have aimed at replicating the real steel as much as they can.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Phobus

Thanks for that guys ,

I really like your MP5 Spencerman . It looks completely convincing as a replica , and like you say , miles better than those nasty blank firers . I wish I had figured that BEFORE I bought my Voltran !!

I had a classic army airsoft MP5 set up like yours a couple years back , it was a good solid replica but I recall breaking the bolt handle doing the slap on only my third or forth attempt R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_redface monkey metal !

I just went on the rap4 website watching all the RAM videos - very impressive esp, like the P99 , Sig 226 and the shotgun !! The P99 looked so good it made me want to get one !! There is also a training video showing how to load , strip , and maintain an M4 . Very useful !!

Anyway just thought I would update you guys on my progress with the Commando .

My local paintball site refused to charge my CO2 bottle !!

I explained that I am interested in joining the club although not NECESSARILY to participate . I told them I have an injured back which means I am unable to run around . The owner said they can only charge members bottles and then only for use on the site ! They also do not allow RAM guns at which point I decided I was wasting my time and hung up .

OK what to do next ? Contact the UK supplier ? I guy called Tony at one commando . He was more helpful and explained the different options as regards charging .

I really wanted the powerlet adaopter which uses 2 of the little EASILY AVAILABLE R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_wink CO2 bottles . He had a couple in @ £30 mark but said they tend to leak and only get 3 mags and he could not recommend them . The bulk fills also have problems because getting a decent pressure is difficult . The only other option is an adapter to use the large airsource 88g bottles which is the route I have taken and I awaiting delivery .

The important thing for me is REALISM . So I don,t want a bloody great shiny bottle sticking out the back of my gun . Tony assured me the sliding stock will slip over the airsource almost obscuring it !! Great !! So we shall see what happens next but all things considered , had I known all the trouble I would have had getting the gun up and running I might have reconsidered buying it .

Regards .

Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Phil_D

We have large CO2 tanks at our shooting club, have you tried one near you?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Phobus

Thanks Phil ,

Yes I tried the paintball club in Brighouse a couple of miles from me and they did,nt seem to want to know .

My local gunshop charges pcp airguns so I may try them next , don,t know if they can bulk fill these cylinders tho,

Worth a try though.

Carl. R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_smile
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 am

Post by 8ace

It will depend on how much you will use it as the large rented CO2 bottles (to fill your smaller ones) might be a long term cheaper option, they can be cheap to refill but you need to watch out for the bottle rental cost

BOC can supply (but don’t have any prices on there website)

Also welding shops might be able to help

http://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/c02-release-systems/c02-gas-bottle.htm
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 am

Post by bob

but the sling is SA80 (l85a2), and on backwards

sorry to be picky
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Spencerman

If you are going to use it at a club, then the 12g adaptors are not for you, but for use in the garden then they are ideal. I couldnt recommend them more. If the gun came with one of those instead of the bottle, then they would be easier to get going and more people would probably get one. Some paintball sites do get a little funny, as the paintballs are a different calibre to the ones that they use, therefor if they let you play, you will not be spending a ridiculously large sum of money with them for paintballs. A site near me would charge about £45 to use the ram against other people, which I didnt think was too bad, as I normally do about £80 when I go paintballing. They also charged my bottle twice for me free of charge, although when I initially enquired they said it would be a small charge for doing it. Most gun shops wont charge them, as they are normally only geared up for air, and not CO2. The large bottle rental is pretty cheap, but I could never get it to fill more than a mags worth, if I was lucky, so I soon got pissed off with that. Percivere, and stick with it, as I guarantee that it will bring a big smile to your face when you finally get to fire it, either single shot or full auto, and you get a nice flurry of blat and shells flying all over the place. Wear safety goggles.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Phobus

Thanks guys ,

Just getting the gun out of the case is enough to renew my passion but I think I have been misinformed re : the airsource as they are MILES bigger than the little bottle that comes with the gun and no way will the stock go over it .
The airsource are approx 2 " diameter and the original is just over 1" so I will have to get back onto one commando . I will also try again to order a powerlet adapter despite th dealers reservations as I can see they are the right dimensions and would suit my needs perfectly .

Does anyone know of anywhere else where I could locate one of these ? Not many RAM dealers in the UK .

Thanks .

Carl.

Last edited by Phobus on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Phobus

bob wrote:
but the sling is SA80 (l85a2), and on backwards
sorry to be picky
Thanks Bob ,
Like I said , it is not my gun and was just going on the information I was given .
Carl.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:32 pm

I've got the RAP5 as well- I do movie and theatre props, so an MP5 that can eject casings is a big plus. Had a shell-ejecting airsoft version I bought for about $300, and it broke the first time I tried to use the damn thing. Shame, because you could use real brass casings in it... but it was very cheaply made.

This feels much better, and the .43 casings aren't perfect, but they look fine while flying through the air full speed.

I also have the problem of getting the proprietary CO2 thing filled- I got a thing to use a standard CO2 cannister to refill the RAP one, but it's a pain, and I often end up dumping the extra CO2 from the larger cannister out into the atmosphere when I try to remove the hose. Probably just need to suck it up and order one of those adapters that uses the disposable 12g things.

There's some discussion and pictures of it over on my prop weaponry forums:

http://fightdesigner.forumotion.com/airsoft-and-paintball-f10/rap5-t25.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.A.M. Colt Commando   R.A.M. Colt Commando Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.A.M. Colt Commando
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next