MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Empty
PostSubject: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Mark (Oct 17, 2007)

Please note that due to popular demand I re-opened the Blank Firing Discussion section as a temporary measure while "repairing" Mark's site.
Mark may well decide to delete it again when he returns to take control of this forum.
Cerwyn

As it states, NO BLANK FIRING SALES OR DISCUSSIONS!

I have decided that since the blank firing gun discussions where starting to get out of hand there and, I had some misgivings on the whole Blank firing sections as well.....I have decided to eliminate the BLANK FIRING discussion forum. I realize that some of you joined my forums for the blank firing gun forum section and the fact that I removed it may cost me some visitors in the long run. It was a hard decision for me but, I had to eliminate them. Another reason is that the blank firing forum was a distraction from the aim/mission of these forums: Modelguns. At this time, the general firearms area will remain until I deem it to be un-unnecessary as well.

Mark

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:59 am

Post by MadMike

I think this was the right decision, Mark! I joined this forum as I was interested in modelguns, something I had no clue about and could not get any information here in Germany. I needed help building my Marushin XM177E2 kit. I was sure that this would be my one and only modelgun and didnĀ“t want to post anything at the beginning as I thought there was nothing of interest I could contribute. But I was wrong. I ended up collecting those models, pistols, rifles and SMGs, and I found a few true friends here on the forum. For me modelguns and the forum are inseparable. We should keep this forum a modelgun forum, as it was always meant to be. People interested in blank guns should be able to meet and exchance informations somewhere else on the internet.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:00 am

Post by falay

Disappointed that you took BLANK FIRING DISCUSSION OFF - I collect both blank firers and Modelguns - yes I sell some blank firers but only to finace my own collection - some of the rare pieces I have bought recently eg. Colt Commander by RECK I have never seen forsale anywhere else - had it not been for that Forum I would not have an item I searched years for now.
But it is your forum and I am sure you have good reasons
Falay
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Claymore

I have no problems with this mark, i like my blank firers and discussing them but this is a forum for modelguns so i am happy with the decision
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:02 am

Post by 2sharp

I stand behind your decision 110% Mark, i liked the blank firer topics and it is sad to see it go. But i totally understand No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_smile

I'm here for the modelguns!

No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_smile

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:03 am

Post by jim

OK...this is a modelgun forum correct...but let's put it this way: modelguns were first made in Japan in early 60s because the Japanese weren't allowed to own blankfirers and it might be too expensive to buy the US or European made cap firing toy guns back then (fellow Japanese members please elaborate...)

To me, blankfirers are basically another kind of modelguns made from the Western world in which gun laws are not as strict as Japan - I believe if Japan allow the sales & possessions of blankfirers they'll switch to it instead of wasting time to clean the rounds after firing their plastic or zinc made modelguns (don't get me wrong I still love my modelguns...)

Also...for someone like me who've never encounter a blankfirer from the East I really want to know more about it...with less and less modelguns available nowadays I'm afraid there won't be much to talk about in the future...we all hate to see this forum go so we should allow more discussion topics to keep this forum running...

How about we just keep modelgun as the main theme for this forum while still allow to talk about blank firers and real guns (definitely no airsoft as there're already too many forums about it...). Modelguns/blankfirers/live firearms are closely associated (almost inseparable) so I don't want to miss any of it in order to make this forum informative and multi-perspective.

Since this isn't a government site so if a particular discussion is closed down due to certain misunderstandings between 2 valuable members then Mark's action might coincides with the UK gov's VCR Bill as well as Australia's gun confiscation. We already have too many rules in real life so I just hope there won't too many on this forum (no offence Mark - if you still stand by your decision I'll respect it).

Suggestion: if a particular topic is getting out of hand then just closed it down instead of the entire discussion - please spare other innocent topics: "This isn't mad cow disease so no need to slaughter them all..."
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Phobus

I tend to agree with Jim and Falay on this one .

I really feared for MP40 when I saw how the VCR was going to destroy collecting replicas in the UK .

I guess I have to stick my neck out and say I feel the UK guys seem to have more to say than many on here , and until recently at least , I would say that is because we have LITTLE ELSE but to talk about our hobby as the GOVT chips away at it more and more . No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_cry

I sympathise with Marks position as I,m sure this decision was down to worries about possibly breaking the law as much as anything else ? Although as an international forum , how could it be deemed as such ?

If it was just the SELLING of blank firers I could understand it , but wiping out the discussion of old, present and future models - when for many of us , its all we have got , is imo devastating and unnecessary .

To me , I see blank firers as another type of replica . Similar but different to modelguns but I love them both .

As the UK Govt chips away at our dwindling freedoms it is a shame that this forum , which I see and feel is a group of FRIENDS , instead of defending these freedoms chooses to acquiesce .

CARL.

Last edited by Phobus on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 am

Post by InEvasion

Have to say I am slightly gutted to see this section go, as it was always an informative read. However, I see that it is fair considering this is a modelgun forum that those fine pieces should be the entire focus. I fully agree with Phobus though.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 am

Post by figaro

Sorry to see it go, Mark.
But understand your reasoning.
For me the modelguns are fascinating because of their mechanical similarities to the real thing and the meticulous detailing and authenticity to structure, these are not toys but highly detailed replicas of weapons most of us won't ever touch.
The Blank guns from Turkey and others that were turning up were, and are, pretty poor excuses for craftmanship, and the psychology behind owning them is often quite different (sometimes disturbingly so).
I liked Doc's response about the reenactor who needed a very, very poor desert eagle replica.
There are exceptions of course, but I respect Mark's decision and get it, I think.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:06 am

Post by John

There should be far more to discuss on the modelguns and I'm not worried the running out of modelgun topics. Yes, there are not many new modelguns appearing recently & likely in future, but we could still talk about what we got and the good old models if we're lucky to get some occasionaly.

Modelguns are safer, lower profile (not loud in firing), extremely realistic (mechanically) and most importantly they are well known & recognised as "true toy guns" and fully certified in Japan to be safe from all aspects (including all the possibly mis-use & attempted modification).
These characteristics can never be found from the Blank firers or De-act ones.

All in all, I fully support Mark's decision and I do wish people will post more in the modelguns instead from now on.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:06 am

Post by jim

Well Mark ... how about you just freeze the blankfirer discussion but keep the old posts for us (at least for this weekend) so I can have time to save up all the old posts on my HDD...(if all of them were deleted well then...) No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_sad

Another thing... can we discuss blankfirers on the General Firearm Discussion in the future?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Spencerman

I also like to collect all types of gun, and appreciate each sort differently for its own virtue. I like blank guns because they are metal, and they work without much effort! Modelguns however are much better replicas, and I prefer them greatly to blanks. That doesnt mean that I dont like blanks. I do not know the full reasons behind the decision, but I am here after all because of model guns, not because of blank guns, so I also support the decision. It is still a shame though, as a gun enthusiast it is always nice to see other types of gun, be them good or, as the case more often than not seems to be with blanks, bad. Maybe I could suggest an idea. How about a link? Perhaps we could have a link to another website where people talk about blanks. Maybe one for airsoft. Maybe one for live guns even? It would not be a bad thing. It would take all the problems that have resulted in this decision away from here, and we could then also get useful reference and stuff from others who know about that sort of gun.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Claymore

guys if you want to keep discussing blank firers go to ukdeacts as they have a forum and at the moment it is not used that much
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:08 am

Post by InEvasion

Hello Claymore, just went over to the Ukdeacts forum, found this quote:

"Cheers Bob, I know its good isn't it. Did you see the shit going on at MP40 Modelgun Forum? That twat Doc was laying into me again giving me shit about my customs problems and saying i wasn't legitimate. I gave him what for and they ended up deleting the Blank Firing Forum!!"

- McCyberchris

http://forums.ukdeacts.com/viewtopic.php?t=100

I am NO shit stirrer just thought you lot would see it anyway. Doc has always struck me as a sound, well informed dude and I too believed cyberchris was a conartist/mis-informed.

Whats that all about??? No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_confused
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Claymore

Yes i have seen that, and its not good however it does seem that all the models sold were legal and those that ordered got them so i think a bit of anger going on there. i never saw the post that was put on this forum so i cant comment on what was written but going by that i understand why it was deleted and the section removed.
As for Doc, i have to agree 100% with you Doc has always showed good sense and judgement as far as i am concerned and is a valuable member of this forum, i pointed out the ukdeacts site as it is the only forum in the UK specially for blank firers and seems the obvious place for discussion, it is for each individual to decide if they want to join and take part.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 am

Post by jim

I hate to say this but after this b---kfirer saga I feel this forum is getting horribly quiet as if every member is getting upset (at different level) by this...

It's OK to close any discussion at anytime (it's the site admin. and the moderators choice not mine) but should not be resulted like this...now nobody knows when they'll step onto a land mine...So what'll happen next when there're arguments over the best modelguns of all time then the entire forum shut down due to some heated debate...I've to say that the entire handling is not very impressive...

Some sudden thoughts only and I'll do whatever I can to support this forum...and hopefully my membership still stay valid after this...

By the way I also visited the Ukdeacts forum earlier today and the language used by the member who started all this is quite f--king disturbing...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Claymore

Jim, the thing is this was never a forum for blank firers it was always for modelguns, mark never really wanted the section i think but bowed to the many members who seemed to want it. the section has caused more arguments than any other and i dont see any problems in the way it was handled. Most forums have problems and moderators block and delete posts all the time so no problem there, this forum does go through silent times for many reasons but a big one is that out of the 200+ members only a regular few contribute to it and we dont always have something to say.
Your post will not get deleted or you banned, friendly argument is not a problem but when it becomes abusive it is, this has been an extremly friendly forum from its outset and when things have on occasions gone the wrong way a fast slap on the hand and everyone acted like adults again.
unlike airsoft we dont have groups of people getting together to fire our models, we dont have new models churned out by several companies on nearly a daily basis and it takes a lot more time to prepare and fire our models unlike airsoft so the outcome of this is that for weeks at a time most of use never use our models, we certainly dont get new ones and until we get problems or have questons about something then its dificult to get a thread started. So please dont read to much into this last episode, i have a few models that i want to get taped and a few that a want to get new threads started on but i can only do that when i get time + i am on hoilday for 2 weeks soon so its going to be a while before i can get that sorted and on this forum.
It will pick up it always does.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Spencerman

claymore wrote:
this forum does go through silent times for many reasons but a big one is that out of the 200+ members only a regular few contribute to it and we dont always have something to say.
i am on hoilday for 2 weeks soon so its going to be a while before i can get that sorted and on this forum.
It will pick up it always does.
I have to agree with you there Claymore, there are posts about models that I do not have, and have no intention of ever getting, so I probably cannot contriblute to it, but I always read what everyone else has to say with fascination. People wont always agree on things, everyone has an oppinion, and only mine is ever always right, so somewhere someone will disagree at some point. That doesnt mean that people have to fall out over it. If someone calls you a name, does that make you so? I dont like the Derringer pistol. There is no more pointless a model that I can think of. It is just so , erm, small. I want big guns, give me Desert Eagles and Vulcan cannons anyday! There are still people who like them, and it makes no difference to me what they say about them, I still wont like them, but I still find it really interesting and appreciate why someone likes a certain model. The same applies for different makes. Thake the Beretta 92F. I have a MGC one. I have a Wa Shan one. I nearly bought a Marushin one, but at the time couldnt justify it. I would like to know what people think about the marushin one. I would also like to know about the gas blowback marushin one, if anyone has one (hint). In a nutshell they are all the same gun, but some people will prefer one version over another for differing reasons. I liked the fat barrel in the mgc, and hated the thin barrel in the wa shan. I still preferred the wa shan one, so I rectified the thin barrel and now I love it to bits. I am sure that we will all have something to say when it needs to be said. There is much that I want to know still about other peoples guns. I am interested in what other people have done to thier 92Fs with reguards to any add ons etc, or any modifications that they have made despite the fact that I have a couple and I have also modded mine. I still find it interesting to hear from someone who has only just found a model gun, and is happy with it, then realises how much hassle they can be, and then hates it, then susses it out and loves it again, then it breaks. Always something to talk about. I am also a member of airsoft forums, as I know many others here are also, but I find that there is much more bitterness on there forums. You dont tend to get that here. Everyone is genuinely helpful, maybe it is because many of us also used to shoot fac? I dont know, but you can ask a stupid question, make a funny comment, spell words incorrectly and people wont jump on you and 'flame' you for it. I have noticed on many forums people do.
Also, are we going to see any new shooting videos again this time Claymore? Maybe an MP5 this time? Or are you not going away to shoot?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 am

Post by shazhib

It seems like many folks have already posted their opinion so that I have nothing new to post, however,

- I do support mark's decesion
- I strongly feel mp40 forum is one the most friendly & supporting forum I've ever visited.

OK, we no longer have blank fire, then, I proposed to set up new area:

- member introduction
Area where member can tell oneself. Age, occupation, other hobby or whatever one want to say. I don't mind pasting my own photo here. As most of net world is behind screen, you never know what kind of people you are talking to, this could be a good idea to get to know each other well. Of course, this is member's descretion whether to show up or not

- instruction/ad/flyer into one
Maybe it could be a good idea to categorized instruction area by maker by model. If you have any instruction, flyer, ad or other, you can post into a single model category so that other member can enjoy whole set of information of the model

- "see my collection"
Well, we have review area, but when you say "review", I assume most of member feels it have to be well organized and something professional like (start with a dimention of the model, bit of history, workmanship...). Rather than that, it may be good to have area member can share a photo of his/her collection. It may lead to another discussion from those who intersted. As Spencerman mentioned, you may not intersted in to a particular model, but when you happen to see photo of the model from other member, you may have something to ask.

Again, this is merely my proposal, other member can come up something to make mp40 more interesting I believe.

cheers,

S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:13 am

Post by MadMike

So McCyberchris on UKdeacts seems to be JMU Rocker here. Although I like blank guns too and I managed to help a few guys from this forum out with spare parts for their German made blank guns in the past I think I won't register on the UKdeacts forum. I am not too keen on joining when I read this here, the other forum just seems to be not my cup of tea. Doc was always very helpful to me, and I appreciate his advice and judgement. Nothing wrong being cautios, especially with the legal situation in the UK.

Jim, don't worry that your account may be deleted. Mark, the site admin, is one of the nicest people I found on the net. He pays all the costs so that we can meet on the forum, and he has always an open ear, is kind, understanding and helpful. If he decided to close the BF section I am sure that he had very good reasons for it.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Spencerman

MadMike wrote:

Jim, don't worry that your account may be deleted. Mark, the site admin, is one of the nicest people I found on the net. He pays all the costs so that we can meet on the forum, and he has always an open ear, is kind, understanding and helpful. If he decided to close the BF section I am sure that he had very good reasons for it.
Also, like many others, I am sure that he reads every post with great entusiasm for a hobby that he loves, even if he doesnt post replies that often. I very much appreciate this forum and his decision, and am very greatful that he continues to do what he does. There will always be people who dont like you for being responsible and doing your job, but I for one am. As for having an open ear, when a few members started posting videos (congrats to you if you are one, that is also very much enjoyed) he created a video section for easy reference. And Shazhib was right in saying that it is by far the nicest forum that I have joined, no bitching and everyone really enjoying a hooby that is so frowned upon.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 am

Post by jim

Basically all you guys and nice & helpful and of course Mark is the spirit on this forum & I respected him without doubt (at least for setting up this forum anyway...). I know I won't get expelled because of this but still...apology for those who get offended or annoyed (sincerely...)

It's just that...like Shazhib san says - we need to open up more discussion topics in order to keep us running especially when we're dealing with this seemingly dying hobby (but I see the trend that makers are now focusing on dummy models such as Marushin's upcoming classic models...).

I strongly recommend to open up the brochure / flyer / catalogue / pamphlet / digest / ad / ref. book... (i.e. print materials) discussion so every member can scan and paste the contents instead of posting it up on the instruction discussion. I've quite a lot to contribute...

Also...did any non-Japanese ever tried to buy modelguns from Japan and then attempted to bring it back to your country? I tried once and I'll share my experience with you guys soon...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Phil_D

Hi Jim,
I would expect most of the UK guys have bought and shipped from Japan, i have not heard of anyone have problems and my last one arrived on the 4th October No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_wink
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:16 am

Firstly, to answer Jim's question, I've bought and had shipped into the UK several modelguns from Japan and the USA without any problems at all. That was pre October 1st of course so I can't comment on what would happen now.

I've been an avid reader ofthis forum since I stumbled upon it about 3 years ago. I have since found myself drawn to it every day and usually find something interesting, informative, and amusing to read.
I thoroughly enjoy contributing to discussions, and thoroughly enjoy the friendly response, appreciate greatly the help and advice that's always given, and would, frankly, be thoroughly lost without it.

I have been lucky enough to gather together a nice collection of modelguns (I think so anyway No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_wink ) and can honestly say I've learned the little I know by reading posts and asking for and getting advice help and answers.

I did own a Blank Firing P38 for awhile, it was a nice piece but I dare not fire it in the house, nor outside for fear of scaring the neighbours and drawing nwanted attention from the Police, so I sold it to a Reenactor that would have somewhere to use it.
Personally, I see little point in owning another Blank Firer simply because I have nowhere to fire it. The discussions here on B/Fs didn't interest me that much so I might scan over them quickly but that's about it.
Those of you that do own and use B/Fs would obviously find more to read and discuss there so I understand your dissapointed the thread's going.

I would absolutely, without question, kill my Grandmother, and anybody eklse come to that, to own a blank firing MP40 mind you, but where the Hell would I use it?

I have also got involved with a local Airsoft site (as it's somewhere I can go to fire my PFCs and BB guns without nosey neighbours freaking) and have in turn been reading and using the main UK Airsoft forums.
The lads at the site are a ood bunch, enthusiastic and helpful but as for the forum...
Possibly because there are probably thousands of contributors or whatever but I've rarely come across so much bickering, malicious sarcasm, downright childish sometimes arguing going on.
Reviews and things can be helpful but the discussions are mostly a waste of time for me.
The Moderators shut down questions seemingly at random and state clearly that they delete automatically all attempts to contact them for explanations!

Thankfully, the MP40modelgun forum is a damn sight better than that and it is the contributors and the Moderators we have to thank for that.

It's been said previously that relatively few of us write comments or enter into discussions and I would agree with that.
Not everyone has the time to sit before a PC screen and type away daily for lots of reasons. I am fortunate I suppose, I have plenty of time on my hands No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_wink

This forum has been invaluable to me. Not only does it help me enjoy my hobby, but it has introduced me to good people worldwide. I've been fortunate enough to meet a couple of you personally too.

John made a few suggestions for additional threads to replace the Blank Firing section. I would welcome a variation on the Model gun Instructions theme.
What about a Technical section? Something like a Step by Step guide to Stripping and Maintaining a modelgun?
I know that something like this would be very time consuming to do, but is possible thanks to digital cameras and photobucket isn't it?

Hints and Tips for "Tuning" maybe? MadMike's post of the Japanese instructions showing photos of where exactly to remove burrs and high spots on castings was great. What about something on those lines?

Even the basic stuff like Cleaning and loading cartridges might be very useful to newcomers to the forum?

Even if we Brits can't buy new modelguns anymore we can surely teach and help each other, with the help of our overseas friends to make sure what we have works eh?

Let's make sure this forum stays active and healthy, it surely deserves to be.

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Doc

well I dont feel as if I have been "given what for " ...how would I tell ..... could I ask a doctor ? No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_wink

DOC

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions   No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Blank Firing Sales or Discussions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next