MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)

Number of posts : 10709
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Mark

Recently, I bought this:

Its early zinc/steel Marushin Uzi that I purchased from Banjoe. This is a strange modelgun, as several features are very interesting to say the least.
Note the barrel:

It looks somewhat different eh? No bypass...
Barrel removed:

Then the bolt:

Its a cast steel Shocked one piece assy! (No, that's not a crack near the extractor its a scratch.)

The Barrel is One piece Shocked

The back half of the barrel, is steel that is pressed? into the cast zinc front half. The detonator (paper cap) looks like it threads into the chamber. At this point, I don't know if it does or not. The barrel doesn't pass the "blow through" test so, I think that its a closed barrel model unless the detonator is blocking the holes..

The chamber end with the detonator. Again, I think that the detonator threads into the chamber.
The magazine:

This is a rather strange Marushin Uzi magazine with a liner in it Exclamation that certainally cuts down on its capacity..I think (but since I don't have a real Uzi magazine) that it is a full size magazine in that I can replace it with a real Uzi magazine without needing to fit or file it to fit the magazine well. Also, I tried fitting the later Marushin Uzi magazine in the early magazine well and it was really loose..And the early magazine won't even try to fit the later magazine well..Way too tight...
The later Marushin Uzi with the stamped steel lower must have a slightly smaller magazine well as it seems to accept the later Marushin Uzi magazines. (at least as far as I can tell in the pictues)

Anyway, it is a very early modelgun as far as I can determine. How early? I really don't know at this time. If I where to guess, I would say mid to late 1968? The fact that it has a fully removeable barrel is suprising as well as the cast steel bolt assy. Of note: the trigger, sear and other smaller parts are cast or stamped steel. This Marushin Uzi is ment to take some heavy duty play time action!
Also, this has some really different features compared to the later Marushin Uzi like the separately cast rear sight assy that "bolts"on the receiver. That, and the color/weight etc. that make this a different modelgun.

Refer to http://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/interesting-early-marushin-uzi-t280.htm for continuing discussion...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:29 pm

this looks like one of the versions i have do you have better pictures of the bolt i have the later version aswell and was just going to copy that but its not compatable without mods
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1