MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Empty
PostSubject: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:34 pm

I was wondering what types of firing mechanisms are out there in the modelgun world Question

I have seen "slide fire", "centre fire" and "slam fire", are there any other types made. I assume "slide fire" was developed to make conversion (or perceived conversion) difficult but I have also seen newer guns with "centre fire" on them.

Which guns (SMGs, assault rifles, handguns etc...) have which systems and which are true to their original real steel counterpart Question

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:44 pm

You've got me curious now 'ace Exclamation

I wasn't familiar with the term "slide fire" and then I saw this...

PPK (Malugo, zinc alloy, slide action with paper powder firing, 470g) PPKとは、ドイツ語でPolizei Pistole Kurz(=Police Pistol Short)の頭文字をとったもので(最後のKはkriminalだという説もある)、つまり犯罪捜査のための警察官用として開発されたものである。
 金属製のPPKといえば、トリガーを引くとスライドが動くスライド・アクション(いわゆる「タニオ・アクション」)を思い浮かべる。MGCの専売特許かと思っていたら、マルゴーやマルシンのものもスライド・アクションであり、リアルさを売り物にするCMCだけが手動アクションであった。
 本モデルは刻印がないのでメーカーが定かではないが、おそらくマルゴーのものと思われる。かなり古くて、メッキはほとんど落ちてしまっているが、スライド・アクションはストレス無く作動し、実弾よりかなり短くできているカートリッジを小気味よく装弾・排莢する。
 それにしても、中学生の時にファイアー・セールの特売で2,000円(定価4,000円)で買ったMGCのPPKを、高校生の時に手放してしまったのは惜しかったなあ・・・。
Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... PPKM1Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... PPKM2
Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... PPKM3

once again the source for these photos and text is:-http://homepage3.nifty.com/nkoinuma/Walther.htm Perhaps one of our members might be able to translate this and shed some light onthings?

Am I right in thinkng then that "slide Fire" has the gun's slide moving back and forth, ejecting and chamber rounds mechanically by squeezing the trigger?
I've not seen one working but I'm guessing these photos haven't been taken with an Ultra fast camera and his sequence is mechanically driven not through blowback.

Is this the same as "Quack Action"?

What's "Slam Fire"? Would that be a literal discription? Open bolt SMGs would "slam" a cartridge against the Detonator Pin wouldn't it?

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 pm

The slide fire refers to (AFAIK) a firing bar striking the rim of the cartridge as in the AK. Marushin M16 instead of a centre firing pin.

I have only seen a couple of references to Quack action which is as you described.

Quote :
has the gun's slide moving back and forth, ejecting and chamber rounds mechanically by squeezing the trigger?

Slide Fire:
Marushin M16
Hudson AK47
CMC M1

Centre fire:
Marushin Colt Government
Wa Shan M92, M84, Colt 1911

Slam fire:
Hudson M1A1
MGC Thompson
MGC Sten
MGC Sterling
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 pm

So "Slide Fire" and "Side Fire" are the same thing Question

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Slam Fire

Marushin MP40 / MGC MP40 but the modelguns don't have a Firing Pin running through the Bolt

as shown in 2sharp's photos here:-

Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... 10qz3.th Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... 11ja5.th Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... 13if4.th

Marushin UZI
Hudson PPSh41

Centre Fire

KSC Beretta M93R
Marushin Browning Hi Power (one version)

Slide Fire

Marushin Browning Hi Power (another version)

I stand to be corrected with these Exclamation

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:32 pm

Quote :
So "Slide Fire" and "Side Fire" are the same thing Question

Looks like I have it wrong Exclamation I thought it was slide fire but it appears (many thanks Cerwyn) that it is indeed side fire.

I'll go and stand in the corner Embarassed

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:42 pm

But 'ace, that Malugo PPK does describe it as "Slide Action" so you could well be right mate.

I knew of "Side Fire" or "Rim Fire" in both real steel and models but hadn't come accross this "Slide Fire" before.

I didn't know Hudson's AK used a Side Fire system though, although the ads for the new versions state that the new Centre Fire system doesn't work either!

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:39 am

I didn't think any of the AKs are centre fire Question but i'd be interested to find out if any are.

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:21 am

Maybe I should just learn to read things properly (or at least double check before quoting stuff) Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Here's the ad' http://www.specialforcesweapons.com/shop/product_details.php?p=7

and where I got it ALL wrong...

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This product (AK47) is manufactured under the Japanese arms and weapons law to avoid remolding and there is no further durability than needed. Also this product has adopted the Side Fire System which is for models inside of Japan and based on the countries law. Therefore compared to the Center Fire products, the performance for this model is considered low and there is a possibility that an unexpected fire will occur during loading the cartridge to the chamber. And with this models mechanism, semi-auto firing will not function at a certain way and due to the unexpected fire, the cartridges might ware off fast or be damaged easily. Please be understood and be aware with this problem. Thank you for purchasing this product from us.

Sorry 'ace Exclamation

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Cerwyn, if you were referring to a particular action of that PPK, then it might be this one, as shown in my PPK.

Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... DSCF1182

You might also like to go back and take a peek at this thread.
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-general-discussion-f1/what-is-this-walther-history-experts-t802.htm
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:47 pm

Hiya Dan,

Thanks for your post mate Wink , yes that is just what I imagined "Slide Fire" to be.

I've never seen one working, what exactly happens when the trigger's pulled Question Does it fire a cap at all or is it purely mechanical Question
Does the hammer fall as you pull the trigger, then the slide travels back as you continue squeezing to eject a "spent" round, then the spring shunts the slide forwards again chambering the next round Question

Our latest new member, ppk guy, has one of these unusual pistols so I'm sure your experiences with yours will be of great help to him Dan Very Happy (see https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-general-discussion-f1/mgc-ppk-and-colt-1911a1-t1279.htm)

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Haha......I didn't realise that you'd seen that link I gave, when you gave it yourself to the new member LOL!

If you look at the pic I posted above, it's quite simple.
It's purely mechanical only.
When you pull the trigger, the arm directly above the trigger slides backwards, and then pushes the alloy lever back, which then pulls the slide back and the shells eject.
The spring at the bottom of the grip, returns the lever and slide back to the closed postiion.
Once the trigger is pulled, the slide returns, and the hammer falls.
The hammer does not fall first, then the slide pulls back.

I hope this all makes sense.

Cheers, Dan.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Very Happy I've seen more than 7000 posts over these last few months and some of them have managed to file themselves in a bit of this old brain I can still access and recall with a bit of groping Very Happy

As soon as I read ppk guy's note about a Walther PP with Eagle and Swastika grips I thought I'd seen one here somewhere Exclamation

Your description explains that action perfectly Dan, thanks mate Very Happy

I'll have to try finding that "Quack Action" reference now, I'm sure it's in that Hobby Fix M1911...

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Yep the hobby fix colts are quack action (see franckys site)

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Is "Quack Action" the same as on the PPK here, or something different again Question

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....   Slide Fire, Center Fire or..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slide Fire, Center Fire or.....
Page 1 of 1