MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model

Go down 
+2
DOC
shazhib
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Empty
PostSubject: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:25 pm

All,

I don't remember when was the last time I was thrilled by get to know of new model release. There was so many reproduction nowaday.

BUT, almost after a year since it's announcement, Tanio Koba finally going to release open rounds 1911 "GM7"!

Unfortunately, it is not brand brand new, because it uses major components of Marui Hi-Capacity (or 1911), but firing fuction is something unique. The good new is, you can use hammer, slide catch or other exterior parts of Marui can be used. Yes, it is not pure original like mechanizm, I would like to welcome this new.

Other good news is, this is open rounds. You can "sayonara" to push inner piston and twist rounds head. Push the cap into a rounds, that's it.

Here is the link for, for those who live outside Japan, please try to use translation software to read this........with making your eyes red.

http://www.taniokoba.co.jp/koba_enter.html

click the line refers "NEWKOBA/GM7....

cheers,

shaz,
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Shaz

Many thanks for this interesting News !

Its a bit weird he seems to have gone back to the plastic round design ...I can see its very simple to load but won`t the detonator pin get very dirty soon and cause firing problems ?

should give a nice muzzle flash though !

unfortunatly with the crap exchange rate this makes this quite expensive for us lot.

DOC
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi Shaz ...do you remember these ?

Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Plasticcarts

DOC
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:24 am

It is good to read about something "new" again at last.

I've not come accross these plastic cartridges before and I'm curious as to how long they last Question
Brass cartridges can last quite a while given plenty of care but even so getting clouted by bolts, extractors and ejectors take their toll eventually.

Were the plastic cartridges inexpensive and designed to be almost "disposable" Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:30 pm

DOC,

The new rounds looks like what you showed. Yes, gun gets more dirty, but I am sure you would appreciate it will take lot less time to clean and re-load the rounds in this open type.

Will search for photo.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Nice find Pydracor Wink

That's a superb video, not just of the gun being fired but a simple loading and cleaning tutorial as well Exclamation

I'll copy the link onto the Video section here too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Very nice Very Happy

How many rounds can be fired before the det pin starts to jam Question

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:08 pm

I recently converted my MGC MAC11 to Open Rounds which are, by far, superior to c.p. rounds thanks to there being no 5mm o-ring to split or peel off every shot.

It fires MUCH better BUT one magazine of 30 renders the Det pin and chamber that dirty the second mag'full is a stop-start effort as rounds stick and fail to eject.

7 rounds in the Colt could give you 4 mag'fulls without a problem though Question

It DOES look good doesn't it!

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Out of the first batch of 300 pcs (already sold out in Japan - the next scheduled production run of ~400 pcs commence next month), less than 5 landed in HK so I've decided to get one while stock lasts...

Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09836
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09797
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09795
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09793
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09786
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09785
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09782
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09791
Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model DSC09837
The gun itself does not include a single round: Tanio Koba regard it as options (you can choose a bag of 20 rds or 60 rds though).

Note: Even though it'll be illegal for me to use caps but for those who own this gun: please use the yellow-box 7mm caps only as it creates the least residue for open round models...

I can say this gun is quite expensive: the gun itself, the rounds that they forced me to buy separately (although the rounds are relatively cheap but this is in some way quite unforgivable), if I can use caps and fire this then it'll be necessary for me to replace the detonator around every 100 shots...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model   Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanio Koba Colt 1911 Open Rounds firing model
Page 1 of 1