MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New guy on the block

Go down 
+3
8ace
Cerwyn
FlederMaus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FlederMaus
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : California, United States
Registration date : 2009-01-02

New guy on the block Empty
PostSubject: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:48 pm

Hello everyone. I was dragged here by Cerwyn after I went and bragged about my slow motion MP40 video I posted. I had no idea there was a forum dedicated to modelguns. I bought two Marushin MP40's a few years ago, played with them a little bit and then they were relegated to display pieces since then. I also have a clunky old MGC Luger. I really don't know what caps it uses and IF it is even a blowback gun. It was a bit worn when I bought it off ebay a few years ago, but it does have 6 cartridges and the original box.

I recently got a Casio EX-F1 camera for Christmas from my wife that does some pretty neat high speed filming. It will make the wings on a hummingbird nearly stand still. One second of filming turns into 40 seconds of video. I was then trying to come up with something unique and cool for posting on Youtube. AH! the MP40's! So I not only filmed the guns in slow motion but decided to also explain what they were, how they work, and all that. It seems some people don't even know these types of guns exist. I took the opportunity to hopefully educate while entertaining a bit.

I am a little into airsoft guns too. I think airsofts have probably taken some of the wind out of the sails of the modelgun folks. You can get pretty realistic weapons with airsoft, and they shoot stuff. Sometimes, they are cheaper too. I am a little into real guns also. I have a series of videos about how I designed a Ruger .22 to fit inside a FN P90 airsoft stock. I am also into video gaming, I enjoy WW2 and modern combat shooters. I enjoy WW2 history and have a vast collection of WW2 newscasts, many of them centering on D-Day.
I'd say my biggest passion is filming and posting videos on YouTube currently. I'll probably post a few more MP40 videos in the near future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/taofledermaus
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Good to see you here Fledermaus Very Happy

I did drag you here kicking and screaming didn't I Question lol! Welcome to the forums, I know you'll be made very welcome indeed by everyone here.

I'll be looking forwards to more of your slow-motion videos too. I've already posted links on here to your youtube MP40 vid Very Happy

There'll be enough help here to get your MP firing in full auto and I'm certain the guys can help you identify your Luger too

We share a common interest in WW2 history and memorabilia too, as do lots of the members here.

Looking forwards to hearing from you

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Welcome to the forums Very Happy and great videos

I did look into getting a camera that did high speed video but they are far too expensive for me as I don’t have a need for one other than videos of modelguns Crying or Very sad

8ace
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:10 am

Yes, welcome to the forums!
You'll find some great information here and some great people - really a helpful bunch.
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 335
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:55 am

Welcome to the forum mate,these are a great bunch of people who will help you out with any modelgun problems Very Happy
Great video too Laughing

Kickback
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Welcome mate.
Glad to have new member.

I see your point you like modelgun, but airsoft at the same time....so am I.

I think we may want to have an area to discuss airsoft as well, HOWEVER, blow back airsoft only. No air cocking or electronic. Why? because blow back air soft can share some kind of real firearms action. air or electronic is toyish, no cross line with modelgun.

On top of that, there isn't so many new stuff for modelgun nowaday, it may be very difficult to run this nice forum up and running only with modelgun topic to be honest. I viewed other airsoft sites, but this MP40 is the best. I would rather would like to discuss airsoft in here, not other airsoft dedicated sites. People are so nice and kind, I've never seen or received from forum member that
"hey, you even don't know such a basic thing"
kind of smart ass attitude which you may find so often in other sites.

You've find the very right one.

welcome again.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:43 pm

I agree with you shazhib, this was by far the most friendly site I ever found and I hope it continues to be so Very Happy .
Mark did a superb job setting up the original site and I'm glad I found it Exclamation

What do the rest of you guys think, would you like a GAS BLOW BACK AIRSOFT section Question Question

Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 pm

I would read and contribute to a GBB section. Like Shazhib, I too have been bitten by the GBB bug. I think it could be viewed as just a section of the model gun forum, not to imply that this will become an airsoft forum. I think (my opinion) is that airsoft, in general, attracts the younger crowd and that is where you end up with all of the smart asses as Shazhib suggested. We don't want that here - we certainly don't want to change the atmosphere of this forum.
The WA M4 is quite a remarkable item, with its realistic operation. I also have an old Maruzen KG-9 (gas in mag) GBB. It is a beast!
Just my two cents. I certainly understand others' opinions if they are against it. I will continue to frequent no matter what is decided.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Yes and a warm welcome from me also looking forward to some vids from you
Back to top Go down
FlederMaus
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : California, United States
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:02 am

Thanks for the welcome. So far in the short time I've found this forum, I've gotten lot's of help to get my two dusty Marushins actually functioning well. I was never really able to get them to fire correctly and never caught the "full auto bug" I should have! Between the two guns, I only have 9 cartridges, so my full-autoness is still limited, at least for now until I buy some more.

As far as opening up the forums to gas blowback, or whatever, it's certainly a good idea to expand. I like guns, real, fake, cap guns, replicas, prop guns, modelguns, etc. Some of the airsofts, especially the gas blow backs are pretty amazing. I have a Youtube buddy in Japan who has the same camera as I do, and is really into the GBB guns. Here is one of his videos. He's a pretty nice guy, speaks much better English than I speak Japanese. If you decide to open up the forum for GBB, I'd be sure to invite him, and he could probably meantion the forum website in his videos, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQP8DfE_8ZU&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/taofledermaus
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:43 am

Great video... now that's more like it, a shell ejecting GBB gun. Very Happy
If they ALL did that I think we'd be more willing to accept them as "modelguns" Exclamation

It really is good to know you've had plenty of help from the forum and it's members to get both your MP40s working cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block   New guy on the block Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy on the block
Page 1 of 1