MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Empty
PostSubject: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Basic Strip Down... Marushin UZI

***UNDER CONSTRUCTION...UPDATED PHOTOS TO FOLLOW***

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide UZI9mm

When I bought my first model gun I had no idea how to strip it down for cleaning and inspection. On-line help from forum members here got me sorted so I thought it might be a good idea to post up a Step by Step guide for Beginners.

The Marushin UZI is relatively easy strip, dismantle and maintain. Just like its real life counterpart, it was designed to be a solid and reliable weapon capable of being taken apart and maintained by a soldier in the field with the minimum of tools.

Cleaning, Inspection of components and Re-assembly will be covered in separate Step by Step Guides so this guide begins with your UZI in need of dismantling after firing.

Step 1. Magazine Removal

Push the magazine catch, withdraw the magazine...

Step 2. Remove Top Plate

First make sure the Bolt is fully forward.

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide UZI9mmboltclosed

Push this spring loaded catch back

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uzitopplatecatch

...and lift the top plate up

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide DSC00530

Step 3. Removing the Bolt Carrier, Recoil Spring & Guide Rod

Pull the Bolt Carrier back against the Recoil Spring's pressure and lift the assembly up and out of the Receiver.

Be Warned that the Recoil Spring is strong and as the UZI is an all metal model there is every chance you''ll get your fingers pinched if the Bolt snaps forwards (I speak from experience... it hurts too!)

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide UZIliftboltout

The Bolt, Recoil Spring & Guide...

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uziboltandguide

Step 4. Removing Bolt from Carrier

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide UZIBoltandCarrier

This socket head screw locks the Bolt to the carrier

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uziboltlockcrew

Simply unscrew this, push the bolt to unhook it's "clip" and pull it free

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide UZIBoltremoved

Step 5. Removing Detonator Chamber Assembly

Removing the top plate by unscrewing these 2 cross head screws detaches the chamber from the Receiver

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uzichambercoverscrews

Pull the Chamber assembly away from the Lower Receiver

Step 6. Removing Detonator Pin

Unscrew this cross head screw,

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide UZIDetPinScrew

...push the Detonator Pin out and clear. The Pin can get very dirty and clogged up with deposits. It can stick inside the chamber and may need some persuasion to remove.

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide UziDETPINCHAMBER

Step 7. Removing Trigger and Mag Well Assembly

Remove this Screw...

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uzitriggerpinscrew

Push out the Retaining Pin

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uzipushpinout

Push the Grip Safety switch inwards, and tilt the Grip assembly up and away from the rear of the receiver

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uziremovetrigger

The Grip Assembly has a locating peg that slots into the Receiver, don't force the assembly clear as this could snap off

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Uzilifttriggerclear

Step 8. Removing the Barrel

Grasp the Barrel Retaining Ring, push inwards, towards the receiver, then unscrew until the barrel and ring pull clear.

Your UZI is now stripped ready for cleaning, inspection and re-assembly...

Ref:
http://www.mp40modelguns.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2386 Basic Strip Down
Ref:
http://www.mp40modelguns.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2387 Basic Reassembly
Ref:
http://www.mp40modelguns.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2264 Loading Marushin 9mm Cartridges
Ref:
http://www.mp40modelguns.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2266 Loading MGC c.p. type Cartridges
Ref:
http://www.mp40modelguns.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2390 Basic Parts Inspection Guide

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
dvdripped

Number of posts : 70
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2018-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Do you still have these guides pal
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 10:51 am

Yes I have these guides. Please refer to the dedicated Marushin UZI category down towards the bottom of the Forum Home Page

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/f23-marushin-uzi-modelgun

One or two of the Guides still need the Photos re-posting. A few months ago "Photobucket", the site many of used to host photos on here wiped the lot off then demanded extortionate subscription fees to allow us to use their service.
It took me several months to restore the majority but there will, no doubt, be a few photos and posts yet to do. I'll get on them asap.

I've just seen your posts regarding the problems you've had with your M9s and Marushin UZI. Sadly, as ljerr and JohnnyV have said already, Modelguns can be, and often are, troublesome and prone to breakages.
I did notice you had been advised to use 2 x MG caps in your Desert Storm M9. Being a HWABS (Heavy Weight plastic) model, 2 caps put enormous strain on the model. Unless you've specifically designed cartridges and a Detonator Pin suitable for double capping it's best not to use 2. HWABS is brittle by nature and doesn't handle the pressures produced.

If there's anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.  

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
dvdripped

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi Cerwyn

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I've sent all 3 back to the seller, he's going to have a look at the Uzi, and I've asked if he could keep the 2 Berettas and order me the correct parts.

I meant to ask, the firing pins in the Berettas, should they be metal or plastic, as I always though they would have bee metal.

I've got a good collection of deactivated guns (1 old spec uzi which cocks and fires, 1 new spec Uzi, sawn off shotgun, a Beretta centurian 92 and my pride and joy, an old spec Franchi Spas 12 :-D I'm missing the hook.

I really want to get involved in the model guns as I love the whole concept, and from what I've experienced on here, your all so friendly and that's what I love

Thanks again pal
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi !

We pride ourselves here on being open and friendly, especially to newcomers to this hobby. I'm glad you find us so, thank you.

Modelgun firing pins as fitted in pistol firing blocks will, invariably, be plastic. This is an attempt by the manufacturers to stop any illegal tampering and attempts to fire live ammo.

I hope you get your 3 sorted soon

Back to top Go down
dvdripped

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 12:57 am

Hi Cerwyn

The company got back to me and they have been brilliant and found the problem, the original firing detonator was bent slightly, they have fitted a new one and have test fired and it's firing as it should, so very happy on that front, they will also order me the parts needed for the 2 Berettas, so can't wait to get everything all sorted :-)

Thanks for your reply pal, I honestly didn't know about the metal firing pin being illegal, I naturally thought it would have been metal so it pushed the catridges harder (feel stupid)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 1:08 pm

That's great news, sounds like you're getting well looked after by the selling Company. Would you like to tell us who they are as we do like to know how customers are treated!

Rule #1 Never feel stupid just because you didn't know something.  Smile Every single one of us has been a beginner at some point with this hobby. Unlike some Forum sites (Airsoft mostly...) we make sure that newcomers aren't treated with derision just because they ask simple questions.

Metals over a certain hardness rating, steel being the main one, cannot legally be used to manufacture parts directly used to make a replica gun "fire" in Japan certainly, possibly in Taiwan too where YT Corp (WaShan) are.
In Japan, since 1977, if metal models are built they'll be mostly Zinc Alloy or Aluminium. Pistol metal barrels will be completely blocked and tamper proof. Metal pistols will be "gold" plated too.
Taiwan laws don't insist on gold plating but barrels will more often be plastic now. Both metal and plastic barrels will have a partial blocking.
Here in the UK, when plastic firing pins break, as they do, metal replacements can be made BUT great care and caution needs to be applied to other parts just in case the Police  and Courts decide a replica has been tampered with to enable it to shoot projectiles or live ammunition. Fully open steel barrels are one prime example of such tampering.  

Back to top Go down
dvdripped

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi Cerwyn

The company is called (mg props) they have been good this last bit, they said to send the uzi back and they would check it over, they found that the original detonator pin that screws in was bent, that's why the rounds would jam and not cycle properly, they have fitted a new pin and looks level and spot on, they said if it was a problem caused by me, is need to pay for return postage, but if the problem lay with them, they would send it back postage paid.

It's good that this forum and the members are friendly, regarding the airsoft forums, I've seen many members being laughed at for their basic knowledge.

I fully understand regarding the use of steel parts, it's like with my deactivated guns, if I was to modify (which is impossible with new spec ones) then it would be classed as a section 5, just like airsoft guns that fire over certain joules.

I'm looking to get a Mac 11 to go with my uzi :-)

I meant to ask, I bought prop powder and have no idea how to use it or what it's use actually is.

Any help is appreciated pal

Thanks again Cerwyn

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 am

MG Props is well known to us. He's been trading for quite a few years under different company names. It's good to know he's providing you with good service.

Prop powder can be used to produce muzzle flash from most modelguns. I'd suggest you have a look at our "Search" feature, type in "Muzzle Flash" and read through the posts it'll bring up.
Chances are you'll achieve better effects from short barreled pistols. The Marushin UZI has a gas bypass system between chamber and muzzle which restricts the flash.
Follow the instructions very carefully when using flash powder. Only a very small amount is needed. It leaves a lot of dirt and residue behind too so careful thorough cleaning of cartridges and models will be required after use. 

Back to top Go down
dvdripped

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Thank you pal

I appreciate the help.

When I bought the prop powder, i didnt get any instructions on how to use it, but I`m presuming that people who buy prop powder, should know how it works before buying.

still trying to get my head around everything

Thanks again pal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide   Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin UZI... Basic Strip Down Guide
Page 1 of 1