MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to this world

Go down 
+2
Ozguns
Konk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Konk

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : Uppsala, Sweden
Registration date : 2009-02-15

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:14 pm

First of all, hello to you all.

I just stumbeled over this forum looking for information on this wounderful world of Model Guns that is brand new to me. I've been into Airsoft for 7 years off and on, but never heard of these guns... Until now, and I must say I love it.

I grew out of playing in the woods throwing plastic balls at my friend maybe 4 years ago, and nowadays I just like to fiddle around with my guns in the couch in front of the TV, more into the guns themselves and the workings of them. Model Guns seems like the way to go for that, and it also gives you that extra bit of realism with the bang, smoke and flying shells.

So I have yet to exprerience a Cap-gun in real life, and it seems the only way to make that happen is to order myself one. Modelguns-worldwide has assured me that they regularly ship guns to Sweden, so I suppose customs and the law won't bother me, and that's great. I have my sights set on a Tanaka Sig Sauer 226, mostly because of the price, and that it looks pretty good. I can't however seem to find a good review of it online. Maybe someone here owns one and could tell me what they think... Is it a good first-gun?

Stumbled over franckys-modelgun.com, and his prices are really nice compared to modelguns-worldwide. Am I correct in assuming it's a Japaneese site? And is it a reliable sourse for guns and ammo?

My imaginary first order should look something like this:
1xTanaka Sig Sauer P226 - $206
1xBox Tanaka Cartridges (15 cartridges) for P226 - $36.75
10xBox MGCaps 7mm (correct size?) - $42

Total - $284.75 + Shipping

Am I missing something here? Or should I be OK for a while? Until I feel the need for those extra magazines and cartridges...

Thankful for all the imput I can get, and I hope to be here for a while. Will proabobly sell of my Airsoft gear if this is as good as it seems, and then...
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Welcome to the forums, Konk.

I can't really give you much info about model guns, as the laws in Australia are getting pretty tough.
I never knew much about them either, until I discovered what they were all about, only in recent years.
Before that, I thought the heavy weight guns I had, were just decorator models!

One thing I do know, and that is you wont have any problems with Francky.

Cheers, Dan.
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 am

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Yep you will have no problems with getting modelguns into Sweden .

Both Francky and Shazib on here are excellent and reliable sellers. ( both with perfect English)

Tanaka guns can be interesting in terms of operation due to the cartridge design but spend some time reading the many reviews the guys have done and that may help your first purchase.

DOC
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Welcome to the forums Konk, it's great to welcome you aboard Exclamation

Francky is indeed a great source of modelguns, accessories and spare parts. He's a forum member too as is shazhib, another great source of models based in Japan.

You could also check out modelguncollector.co.uk This UK based dealer is very approachable and friendly.

I don't own any Tanaka models myself but several of the guys here do. I'm sure you'll receive plenty of advice about them.
There are several references to be found if you key in "Tanaka Sig Sauer 226" under the SEARCH facility here. Have a read through , they'll be of some help I'm sure.

Welcome to the fascinating world of Modelguns, I hope you enjoy them Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Konk

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : Uppsala, Sweden
Registration date : 2009-02-15

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I realised that Franckys website was how I stumbled onto this forum, so the question might have been a bit unnessicary. I did search the forums but there isn't that much written about the Sig P226 sadly. But there is some intresting reading about Tanakas Glock and USP, and it's not very flattering...

Don't really know what to do... It almost seems that the P226 (ABS version) is the best of the Tanaka semi automatic handguns, but at the same time, it's the cheapest. Seems kind of weird. But I suppose the best way to learn is to try it myself. Hopefully I can sell of some old Airsoftgear and get the cash for a small startup order from Francky of modelguns-worldwide.

Seems like a nice group of people in this hobby, not like the overly enthusiastic airsoftforums I used to frequent a few years back. You have to excuse me if I put to many questions out there, but I love to learn stuff about stuff, and this is all new to me. Does Shazib have a website btw? Franckys I've found...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi Konk,

Firstly, there are NEVER too many questions Exclamation Ask as many questions as you like, that's how most of us learned what we know about modelguns Very Happy

Forums like this live on questions and answers so please ask anything at all. I found this forum a handful of years ago as a complete novice to modelguns of any description. Without the ever helpfull and friendly guys here I'd have been totally lost.

I know what you mean about some "over enthusiastic Airsoft sites"... we've all seen them and we strive to ensure we remain friendly and tolerant to eveyone, expert and newcomer alike. Wink

Shazhib doesn't have a website as far as I know but you can contact him by PM here on the forum.

www.modelguncollector.co.uk is an other dealer you might try

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:19 pm

'nother Swede!

Most welcome, i'm quite sure you will not find another board where there are more friendly people then here Smile

Modelguns are a great pastime and quite addictive.

I guess my advice is buy a modelgun, any modelgun really, and just work around with it. Most things will work themselves out from there Smile

Most things would be to buy more of them and be forever broke Very Happy

Feel welcome to PM me if there are any other questions!
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 am

Konk,

Welcome!
It is nice to have new member here. You will find there are tons of nice forum member here throughout the globe.

Regarding P226, I can get one for you if you would like, however, I do not recomment to fire it with caps.
Tanaka P226 looks great, but it's barrel is quite fragile.

I have Tanaka Glock G18, but broke 2 barrels while I fired 5 mags. If this is for more of presentation or enjoy an appearance would be good, but again, firing.....

cheers,

Shaz,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to this world Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this world   New to this world Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to this world
Page 1 of 1