MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?

Go down 
+4
jim
DOC
Cerwyn
smootik
8 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Empty
PostSubject: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Fine folks,

I am always confused by what types of Shoei replicas are available. For sure they make an airsoft version (external gas powered, 6mm bbs) and the other type seems to be a dummy-only replica. Is there another version (or conversion) that can use PFC to make noise/smoke that we all like?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi smootik,

Yes, I believe Shoei have a conversion kit to PFC Very Happy

I'm sure Francky listed the kits in the past.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:12 am

an old bit of avi

Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Th_MP44-1

As with the Firing FG 42s a shortage of cartridges was always a problem

DOC
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:44 pm

Noticed there're still several new dummy ones for sale in HK (along with a couple of blowback airsoft version as well)...

But now - I feel the same with Adolf Hitler in which I don't like the looks of this "first true assault rifle" that much because it looks "thick" for me - something which I don't really like on modern rifles such as SCAR & Israeli IWI Tavor as they looks quite "bulky"...

And the dilemma - after close examination I have to say that Shoei did an excellent job - even the alloy parts look like steel and the stampings are truly fantastic...priced around HKD $8500 (£663 or USD $1097) and without many new modelguns available for now - so I think I've to get one soon before it ran out...

So again - how many members here own this gun? And anything that needs to be noticed?
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Shoei models   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Guys,

As far as I remember, Shoei made:

- FG42 early version
- FG42 later version
- MP44
- (forgot the name but it looks like MP44)
- G43
For modelgun.

I think they made MG42 or 34 in airsoft. Also, BB version of MP44.
Yes, there was a PFC conversion kit for FG42, it is difficult to find nowadays, on top of that, I heard it won't fire good, I heard many time people do not suggest to fire FG42.

I am very near to buy upcoming FG42 early version. Because this is something I was waiting for long time, but, on top of that, I don't know when Shoei will reproduce this model next time. I believe Tomio, the guy in the video be around mid 40 or later, I wonder he will be enegetic to make modelgun for long. I think, this time of reproduction can be a challenge for him. If the model won't sell that much, then, it will significantly discourage Tomio to do next round reproduction.

What do you think?

shaz,
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Sorry mate, can't help you with your question, but I'd like to answer a few other points:

The one you forgot the name of is the MKb42 (H), it's a replica of the predecessor of the MP44. Looks very similar apart from a few details and a different frontend.

True, Shoei made an airsoft MG42 (which was a GBB with tremendous recoil, just like their airsoft MP44). I never understood, why they decided not to release a model version of this famous machinegun, just like I never understood, why they decided not to release an airsoft version of the FG42 No

However, they never made a MG34. There IS an airsoft MG34, but it was manufactured by Asahi and it was not a GBB - these go for up to 3500 USD nowadays.
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Pydracor,

Thanks for your post.
You are correct, MG34 is by Asahi, not Shoei.

I think the matter why Shoei did not make modelgun or airsoft in some guns are mainly due to their sales projection.

Altough, it is not modelgun, MG42 airsoft by Shoei is another temptating but almos USD2,000. To expensive to spend for just a hobby for me now. It is on a show window where I usually go to source modelgun parts, just alway give a blink.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Pydracor wrote:

The one you forgot the name of is the MKb42 (H)
If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that there was only a very small batch (20? 30?) of these manufactured by Shoei. It was not reproduced since...
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

If my memory is correct (usually don't), MKB was kind of limited edition for Shoei, that's why it was not really reproduce, so as G43. I assume there is no plan of reproduction in future eithher.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi Shazhib,

Is it easy to get extra mag and dummy rounds for this dummy MP44 in Japan?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi Jim,

Francky's listing Shoei's MP44 PFC cartridges in stock at the moment.

Real, de-activated MP44 rounds will cycle through Shoei's model perfectly well if you couldn't obtain Shoei's rounds.
Similarly, real magazines fit perfectly too. I'd be interested to learn how much Shoei charge for a magazine. The real ones seem to carry extremely high price tags on the sites I've looked at.

Other items I'd be interested in are the magazine / stripper clip adapter for loading and the take-down pin. Are Shoei ones available at reasonable prices Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Cerwyn,

First thanks for your advice but I'm sorry to say that the PFC rounds doesn't look too real...

Then the real mags & inert ammo - these are considered as part of a real firearm & live ammo in HK (because they once were) so if I caught with one I'll be in deep...

I'm sure the Shoei mags will be cheaper than the real mags (the Americans who own pre-1986 MP44s are looking for them frantically) but it seems that if I want a spare MP44 mag then I need to buy another MP44 (not a good joke I know)... Laughing

And now both you and me are grabbing MP44 stuff huh... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Jim,

Agreed, the PFC cartridges don't look like complete real ones, I was hoping maybe Francky or Shazhib could source dummy rounds for you if the PFC type were available.

I see your problem now then, if inert real rds are illegal in HK your only hope are Shoei's ...

What's the situation regarding making dummy rds Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question Could somebody machine some for you Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question Drastic measures I know but if Shoei's aren't available ... Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question

Have you tried contacting Shoei direct Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question

Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:32 pm

cerwyn,

I think MP44 mag from Shoei cost around 7-8000 yen if my memory is correct (usually not).
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:04 pm

shazhib wrote:
cerwyn,

I think MP44 mag from Shoei cost around 7-8000 yen if my memory is correct (usually not).

Thank you Shazhib,

8000 yen is about £56 today, I have one Shoei mag and one genuine MP44 example. I think I'll stay with just these Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_wink
The tool to connect stripper clip to mag would be useful though, if available..

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 pm

What makers codes are on the real mag, Cerwyn?

You know some of these sell for over $500?

If it is a rare make, or from an early period you might want to exchange it for a half dozen fake mags?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
What's the situation regarding making dummy rds Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question Could somebody machine some for you Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question Drastic measures I know but if Shoei's aren't available ... Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question

Have you tried contacting Shoei direct Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question

Cerwyn,

Nothing's impossible...you won't be accused of committing a crime if you don't get caught - I think that's all I can say here (but I think the pics that I posted before already have the answer)...

Even if I can get military surplus mags in HK the condition won't be too good I believe (at least with some pitting & rust) - a German company remake very nice MP44 & FG42 (in semi-auto and renamed as something like BD44 & BD42) so I think you can order brand new mags from them.

I think Shoei only wish wholesalers to contact them directly...they might be reluctant to take my tiny order (but it won't hurt to throw them an email anyway) - thanks for the advice Very Happy

Jim
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:12 pm

The new MP44 live firing weapon is a semi auto chambered for .22LR ammunition.
The magazines are modified internally to accept the different rds. The photo below is from the manufacturer's site...

it'll be worth finding out how much they charge for these mags' and then find out how much it'll cost to get them back to original spec. Probably more than buying from Shoei Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:36 am

Well if the gun can cost you 1749 Euro then you're right...a spare mag might ask for >100 Euro...

So this is totally UK legal (.22LR semi-auto rifle) and some UK importers shall get these into the UK - so then please find out the price of spare mag thanks!

Nowadays even if I'm a licensed sport target shooter in HK I won't be able to get these live because the HK Police Licensing Dept made an unwritten law that any concealable pistols (namely snub-nosed revolvers) and military-looking longarms (such as this gorgeous MP44) will not get through Sad

I'd better get the genuine Shoei mag instead...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:38 pm

pitfighter wrote:
What makers codes are on the real mag, Cerwyn?

You know some of these sell for over $500?

If it is a rare make, or from an early period you might want to exchange it for a half dozen fake mags?

Hi JJ,

The mag I have has 1001 stamped on one side, MP44 on the other.
I've done some research and so far found out that it appears that this is a Post-War example:-

1001 Manufacturer: Ernst-Thälmann-Werke, Suhl, Thüringen (in DDR after the war)

It'd be interesting to know what it's worth, no doubt one with wartime markings could be worth a lot of money, but what about mine Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_question

Back to top Go down
vernonsmith

Number of posts : 30
Location / Country : Texas
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Does anyone know if the real mag will fit in Shoei MP44 or Shoei mag will fit in real MP44? I have a chance to obtain a real mag at decent price but haven't yet got a Shoei MP44 which I am going to get next. One Shoei MP44 came up in a local pawn shop but I am going to get the mag first.

Does anyone know what material is Shoei MP44 using? And its mag? Is it sheet metal? Zinc?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 am

Hi Vernon - for the gun itself it is mostly in zinc alloy except certain small parts in steel (e.g. handguard / selector switch / trigger etc)...

The mag is made with pressed steel so I would say it is pretty much like the real deal...but mind you, the supplied mag fits perfectly but later when I ordered another one from Shoei direct I have some difficulties (the spare mag slightly "fatter" than the supplied one - the same story for my Hudson AK: the 2 new mags from the final production cannot fit into any AK regardless of pfc or airsoft - now they become decoratives) - from this I've learnt that the dimensional tolerance of Shoei's products can be quite high...

Also I reckon the real mag cost much cheaper in the US...mine's around USD $80/ea...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:50 am

Hi Vernon,

My Shoei MP44 accepts genuine MP44 mags without difficulty. Mine's the non-firing version but cycles Shoei and real, inert cartridges through the model using either magazine.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?   Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoei MP44 - airsoft, modelgun, is there PFC version?
Page 1 of 1