MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M14 DMR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

Number of posts : 53
Location / Country : Preston, Lancashire, UK
Registration date : 2009-01-28

M14 DMR Empty
PostSubject: M14 DMR   M14 DMR Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Does anybody know if its at all possible to take an existing M14 (Hudson) and modify it to make it into a Designated Marksman Rifle?
The M14's are growing on me and I was thinking about a DMR, however with the lack of production of the newer modern guns the only option would be to buy a regular M14 and try to upgrade/modify it.

I can forsee some problems from the start, however; the main one being that the DMR has a fibreglass stock whereas the Hudson M14 I'm looking at is all wooden. Plus the fact that the DMR has other fittings such as Picatinny Rails, bipods and a pistol grip.....

One final question, does anyone know if any of the modelgun manufacturers will make any more modern type guns (pistols or rifles such as the G36, UMP, MP5, SA80 with or without the UGL)???

cheers
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

M14 DMR Empty
PostSubject: Re: M14 DMR   M14 DMR Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi there.

I remember Hudson made very few one off custom of M14 with fiber stock, but as far as I remember, it was more expensive than that of regular wooden stock one. On top of that, don't know when it will be available next time.

As to new models, I am very pesimistic on that. What we see is usually, 1) reproduction of old model; 2) re-make by using other company's mould (i.e. 98Kar originally from CMC, but Tanaka and CAW made later with the same mould); or 3) convert from Airsoft. But many manufacturer is not keen to make modelgun as it is not selling well nowaday....

shaz
Back to top Go down

M14 DMR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: