MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Membership reaches 100 !!!

Go down 
+6
shazhib
8ace
lampwick
claymore
jonrms
Cerwyn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Membership reaches 100 !!! Empty
PostSubject: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

The total number of registered members reached 100 today cheers cheers cheers

My thanks to each and every single one of you for your continuing interest and support Very Happy

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jonrms

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : England UK
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:02 pm

yep I am the 100th member... Horrah.. now where is my cake and prize?

anyway this might be the first post most of you have seen from me so please let me introduce myself..

I am Jon...
I am from CT usa (american) <obviously... but now living in england UK (HORRAH) I have been here for over 10 years and married a scottish lass and have a child of 2 well in a couple of weeks he will be 2..

I hold a full FAC and am a RCO at my rifle club. I also have qualification to teach firearms to anyone and have full insurance etc...

I am also a big collector when it comes to blanks (my favorite) and then moving onto model or deactivated rifles.

I prefer the real deal and would rather bypass air soft.

I like to dive and ride my motorcycle... I used to be a paramedic till 6 years ago when I was struck by a drunk driver traveling up the wrong side of the motorway. head on collision broke my lumbar spine... but luckly I am still dodging the wheelchair..

now that was probably more than you all wanted to know but I am the 100th member so therefore I get a job of rambling on.

Oh yeah I hate the vcr act... I recently joined a re enactment group just so I can continue on my collections..... grrrr
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Welcome Jon, cheers yes indeed, our 100th member and we're all coming over to yours with your cake and prize... you had better get your spare chairs out, there's 99 of us lol!

Thanks very much for your introduction... it's good to know what people's interest are and what draws them to this hobby.
Maybe we should have a specific category for us all to introduce ourselves Very Happy

Post away, ask away, share as much knowledge as you wish, but most of all, enjoy yourself here, you are very welcome.

Back to top Go down
jonrms

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:25 am

Thank you again for the warm welcome.

I still have my wheelchair and I am dodging the bullet so to speak with it... (just) but hey..

my hobbies are diving, motorcycle (BMF soon) hunting (ie pest control, game keeping, and deer stalking)

I am pleased to help the forum grow. I think that in time this will do very well.

I have signed up to be a member of AFRA which is a good thing... it keeps us all legal.

I am not a member as yet.. still application pending... once I send my 15£ off to them I should have a card and insurance to comply with the VCR act...

anyway we should have a section to welcome new members..... I think that would be a cracking idea.. now go to your admin panel and create a new section... it will take no more than 3 minutes.... I know the score!!! lol

anyway thanks again for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Welcome to to the forum jonarms, you will fing the forum a freindly place but it does tend to go quite then a bit of activity then quite again but its members stay faithful.
Diving, biking and guns man after my own heart and i also hate the VCR buts it here and we have to deal with i am afraid.
be interested in knowing what you have in the B/F collection as blank firers were what i collected before i found modelguns.
I to used to have the real deal until they were banned now just my shotties left but i have to say that modelguns do fill a gap for me as i can get models of guns i could never own for real, thompsons uzi's etc.
Again welcome mr 100, sorry about no fireworks Laughing
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Here you go..knock yourself out!!
http://shellshockfireworks.co.uk/?page_id=50
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Hmmmm Cake Very Happy

100 members is definitely a milestone to celebrate drunken

8ace
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Welcome to the forum.
You will soon find the member here is always friendly and helpful.....and mature.
Would like to share many thing on Modelgun with you.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
jonrms

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:02 am

again many thanks guys.... I appreciate your help and friendly welcome! Suspect
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 338
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 am

And a big welcome from me too cheers cheers ,thats a good excuse to have another beer drunken drunken

Cheers
Kickback
Back to top Go down
jonrms

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:23 pm

wow you werent kidding when you said it goes quiet from time to time..

oh well.. I will just have to keep chatting away till we have more pople chatting etc.. lol

well I am going to take photos tonight of some of my collections.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Welcome, mate, we sure can use lads like you here on this forum! You will find out that we are friendly and helpful, sadly most of us do not have enough time to post. I used to be here on a daily basis, but my job and my work for the volunteer fire service keep me busy most time.
Back to top Go down
jonrms

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:01 am

Well just a few minutes ago I opened a letter from AFRA who said that my application was rejected due to a post on the internet about me collecting blanks...

I am very upset because I have been asking everyone how I can be of use to the whole reenacting scene.. this would of course benifet any group and would help me as well. I am kinda upset at the minute.. and trying to hold back on how I feel but I think its a load of poppy tosh!

I was willing to help out with safety etc.. and as a RCO (range conducting safety officer) I thought that my skills and knowledge would help.. obviously not..

GRRRRRR will walk away for a bit and then type later when I am not upset.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Not suprised mate, UKARA have treated some people in suprisingly bad ways as well, it seems we dont need the government to kill our hobby our own people do it for us.
Back to top Go down
jonrms

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:59 am

sorry claymore.. what do you mean by our own people do?

I have found a way to collect still ..... just do someone a favor... ie I help you locate something or find a artical you wanted... then you give me are replica etc... it seems when I spoke to the home office that the goverment has left out gifting in its bits..

so ok for those who already have stuff but not good if you want to collect the latest and greatest so to speak.

anyway I am now a reject.. LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:05 am

jonrms wrote:
sorry claymore.. what do you mean by our own people do?

I have found a way to collect still ..... just do someone a favor... ie I help you locate something or find a artical you wanted... then you give me are replica etc... it seems when I spoke to the home office that the goverment has left out gifting in its bits..

so ok for those who already have stuff but not good if you want to collect the latest and greatest so to speak.

anyway I am now a reject.. LOL Very Happy

Im pretty sure that even giving away RIFs or trading them is still against the VCRA rules unless you are excempt.

Was shocked yesterday morning to see in our local toy shop that the window was full of cheapo Airsoft rifles and pistols with nothing more than a sign stating must be over 18 to buy Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Probably crap but they did have an M4 complete with all the goodies,red dot etc for £19.99!!!!
Back to top Go down
jonrms

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:29 am

I have contacted the home office and really.. you CAN gift them to someone.. there is no law against gifting... there IS a law to say you can not sell..... modify etc..

but you CAN gift.. I can give anyone over the age of 18 my collection... if I choose to... but I can NOT sell it to them or buy from them...

gifting is allowed... contact the home office to find out... really really really..

I was shocked but that is a loophole in the law at the minute... if it get abused well then you will have the law beating down on you.
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:53 am

jonrms wrote:
I have contacted the home office and really.. you CAN gift them to someone.. there is no law against gifting... there IS a law to say you can not sell..... modify etc..

but you CAN gift.. I can give anyone over the age of 18 my collection... if I choose to... but I can NOT sell it to them or buy from them...

gifting is allowed... contact the home office to find out... really really really..

I was shocked but that is a loophole in the law at the minute... if it get abused well then you will have the law beating down on you.

Under UK law the "sale" of an item is the transfer of the title of goods whether for payment or not ....so sorry to disagree with your statements there.

As for UKARA Claymore ...Ukara will ultimately be run by several heads and at the end of the day these chaps will be doing a certain amount off ass covering with regards to the VCR act.

Im pretty sure the Gov ( as corrupt as it is ) would take a dim view of anyone with the power to hand out "get out of jail free cards" to joe public and doing so in an irresponsible way ...therefore flouting this new law of theirs ( albeit ill conceived and stupid ).

thats all these guys are doing.

Look at battle orders thats been going for over 35 years ..the guy makes some bad judgment calls on sales..gets busted has the business effectively taken away from him and I did read he will have problems entering the US now as he has a firearms issue ( even replica) against him.

Its a stupid law yes ...but not one anyone in their right mind wants to mess with.

DOC

Last edited by DOC on Thu May 21, 2009 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jonrms

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:15 am

Doc I think I may have made my statement unclear... but I am not telling anyone they should exploit the law.. or go about anything that is or can be construed as illegal.. I am telling you exactly what the home office told me...

He agreed the law is silly for having some people that have never had a back ground check in there lives be able to collect provided they meet a critera.. ie skirmish etc.. and not a FAC holder.

anyway I am not suggesting for one minute that you should do this... I mearly was trying to state that there is a loophole.. maybe my posts should be edited if it comes across that way! (MODS feel free to do so... as I dont want it to be suggested as a idea to avoid the VCRA)

As for AFRA well I am still battling with them on the ww2 reenactment forum about this..
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:41 am

I think the time has come to stop this thread now.

Whatever we as Re-enactors, Collectors and Airsofters think, the VCRA is in force here in the UK. The Government, Home Office and Police Forces CAN and DO arrest and prosecute anyone breaking the Law. We have to abide by it, whether we like it or not.

As acting Administrator of our forum, I am becoming increasingly concerned and very uneasy reading about how supposedly easy it to modify De-activated firearms into live firing weapons, and now, suggestions how to get around the Law by supplying replicas as Gifts.

This is an open forum, i.e. any person surfing the Internet can find it and read it. I have no doubts that Police Forces and the Home Office log on and read our posts regularly.
Discussing ways to break the Law and making live firing weapons will be of great interest to them won't it?

Freedom of Speech is one thing, discussing illegal activities is quite another and will NOT be tolerated.

This forum has always, since Mark set it up in 2003, been a reputable, respectable, and more importantly RESPONSIBLE site for Modelgun owners and enthusiasts to enjoy their hobby. I am determined to make certain it stays that way.

So, please be aware that any posts deemed to be irresponsible or suggesting illegal activities WILL be deleted by myself and the forum Moderators.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Membership reaches 100 !!!   Membership reaches 100 !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Membership reaches 100 !!!
Page 1 of 1