MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson AK47 mod

Go down 
+3
claymore
Cerwyn
kickback
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 329
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Well i thought it was about time i done another mod to one of my modelguns,so this time i chose the Hudson AK47,especially as it is working so well after the internal mods that 8ace had done for me..thanks mate Very Happy .
For all of you who have the metal folding stock version of the Hudson ak you will know what i am on about..that horrible wobble Mad when the stock is unfolded Mad ,so i decided to do something about it Smile
I found a very nice man who sold AK parts at a local Militaria fare,so i decided to get the real steel folding stock plus the laminated wooden furniture to boot,and all at a very good price i may add Very Happy
The wooden furniture really just needed milling out a bit to allow the gas by pass system on the modelgun to fit inside the original stock,plus the original gas tube had to be cut down a tad to fit onto the model,and it looked great
Hudson AK47 mod Ak003
the folding stock however was a different story Rolling Eyes ,as the real stock used a different locking mechanism to the Hudson model the reciever had to me milled to accomodate the real stock,plus the real stock used pins to hold everything together (i don't suppose they wanted to remove it once on) wereas the Hudson one used screws,so firstly removing the original stock from the cut reciever it was on was a real royal pain in the bum Twisted Evil ,but to get it fitted to the Hudson model was even worse as holes had to be drilled and line up exactly to where the pins had to be placed in the real stock to hold it together,luckily as these holes were on the original reciever part that i had,it was not to bad transfering them to the hudson model,but i think it was worth all the hassle Very Happy .
The stock now not only looks great but it is very solid now when unfolded and no more wobble What a Face ,with that and a matching pistol grip fitted i think the AK now looks the dogs! and much more realistic but thats what i think..how about you?
Hudson AK47 mod Ak006[
]Hudson AK47 mod Ak002
Hudson AK47 mod Ak001
Hudson AK47 mod Ak005

Cheers
Kickback
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:00 pm

That does look superb Kickback, well worth all the work it took to fit together Very Happy

The realistic "look" compliments the work 8ace put into it to get it working as it should perfectly.
You lucky so and so Very Happy

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1226
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Seen this in the flesh and it looks superb, amazing how changing the wood furniture to the real stuff makes such a difference
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Would love to handle it one day. as always great work Kickback! Thanks for the post too.
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Wow, Hudson becomes Hand some.

I know why you wanted to do that kickback.....I have Hudson AK, having terrible woods.
My first impression of my AK woods was, somebody picked up a drifted wood at a beach after heavy rain storm.

Nice work kickback.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:15 pm

You can't beat a modelgun with real wood on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toad

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2012-11-27

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 pm

I wish the internals were a little more reliable, stocks can be refinished. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:04 am

Here you are Toad, take a look at this:-

This particular Hudson AK47 is in my collection now. I'll see about getting some photos sorted to replace the missing ones

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Hudson AK47 mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 mod   Hudson AK47 mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson AK47 mod
Page 1 of 1