MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

0ldest produced model gun you own

Go down 
+3
Cerwyn
jim
lt-deke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lt-deke

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2009-04-23

0ldest produced model gun you own Empty
PostSubject: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Since coming onto the forum, I have started going through my collection and looked at the first ones I got. So though this may be a good subject to put in.
My first produced gun/s are a pair of Colt Peacemakera made by CMC in 1968
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:46 pm

For me it must be my MGC '68 MP40 - 13 years older than me...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Now there's a good question... I'll be scouring through my little hoard looking for dates now Smile

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 337
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Jim you lucky sod! I wish my MGC '68 was 13 years older than me Sad Sad Sad where have all the years gone Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kickback
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:05 am

Should be my Nakata Tokarev that is marked 1974, 2 years younger then me Very Happy

Last edited by 2Sharp on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:39 am

So are the MGC 68 MP40s actually made in 1968, or were they continually made after that but still using the same markings?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Ozguns wrote:
So are the MGC 68 MP40s actually made in 1968, or were they continually made after that but still using the same markings?

Hi Oz'

Have a look at https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-general-discussion-f1/mgc68-mp40-registry-t886.htm Mark's register of the MGC MP40s has plenty of answers for you Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Aaah ha!
In that case, the MP40 might only be 3 years older than Jim! Laughing
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:05 am

kickback wrote:
Jim you lucky sod! I wish my MGC '68 was 13 years older than me Sad Sad Sad where have all the years gone Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ozguns wrote:
Aaah ha!
In that case, the MP40 might only be 3 years older than Jim!

OK right...maybe both of you gentlemen are correct - mine's might be made just before the 1977 ban (and furthermore age really isn't something worth boasting about because I shall somehow have my day silent Wink )

But still - I've no doubt that this will still be my oldest gun at the moment (wait till I somehow get the Hubley .45 converted by MGC for their domestic market - believed to be the first "real" modelgun from Japan - will post pics once I reach home tomorrow).

2Sharp wrote:
Should be my Tanaka(?) Tokarev that is marked 1974, 2 years younger then me

2Sharp - it is Nakata (中田)instead of Tanaka (田中), and I was tricked as well before I learn more Japanese (bear in mind that my Japanese skills is equal to the French skills for the average British).

Nakata (even though I'd never encountered one) as well as CMC and others made excellent modelguns but all had long gone...and Hudson can still keep going!
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 pm

jim wrote:
2Sharp - it is Nakata (中田)instead of Tanaka (田中), and I was tricked as well before I learn more Japanese (bear in mind that my Japanese skills is equal to the French skills for the average British).

Nakata (even though I'd never encountered one) as well as CMC and others made excellent modelguns but all had long gone...and Hudson can still keep going!

Neat! Thank you, i have so much to learn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:16 am

I have an MGC 68, but it looks likely to be a late 70's or perhaps even 80's manufacture.
My MGC Thompson looks very old, but has no date, guess at early 70's by age patina on bluing/finish.

I think judging by appearances the oldest I own may be a "Tokyo Toy" MP40, does anyone know much about this
Model? The workmanship and materials used all point to an older manufacture than the MGC, but I really
have no idea at all, would love to know more, if anyone has knowledge.

The Tokyo Toy has no markings, except made in Japan on the underside of the trigger guard.
All Zinc and tin, the mag is a Sten mag size, and the resting bar is zinc (it is plastic on my MGC), the plastic furniture is bakelite, or an older brittle plastic, (it's probably/obviously not actually Bakelite but has that same feel.)

0ldest produced model gun you own Ebay005
0ldest produced model gun you own Ebay007
0ldest produced model gun you own Ebay004

Nice thread, interesting!

JJ
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:34 am

jim wrote:
(wait till I somehow get the Hubley .45 converted by MGC for their domestic market - believed to be the first "real" modelgun from Japan...

0ldest produced model gun you own 1st
0ldest produced model gun you own Hcm-24
0ldest produced model gun you own Hubley-1
0ldest produced model gun you own Hubley-1a
0ldest produced model gun you own Hubley-3

Instead of converting these relatively "nasty" Hubley paper cap guns (i.e. cleared all the original internals out & made "realistic" mag and rounds for it) - it is much better for Mr Kobayashi (MGC) to make their own in the early 1960's.

So now - where can I get one of these...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 0ldest produced model gun you own   0ldest produced model gun you own Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

0ldest produced model gun you own
Page 1 of 1