MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snoopy213

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : Houston, USA
Registration date : 2009-08-01

WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Empty
PostSubject: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi, first of all I would like to say hi to everyone on here this is a cool board, well I been looking EVERYWHERE for this this gun "MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type" does any one out there know where I can purchase one or anyone have one for sale?? I really dont trust those japanese site people told me they are a scam, well hope anyone can help out.

WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Dsc02210

Last edited by snoopy213 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 am

I am in LA and have one for sale, but mine is pretty beat up, Snoopy.

If you are looking for a quality collector grade one, like the picture, they are available on and off on Gunbroker, there is a seller in Ridgecrest, CA, modelguncollector, I believe, who often has good examples for sale.

I have had issues importing metal replicas from Europe (Germany and the UK), but some people manage it with no problems.

I think our large mail sometimes goes through San Francisco customs and they may be more difficult than other states, I do not know for sure.
*I would love more info. if anyone has it.
I did end up getting everything I ordered, but I had to communicate directly with SF customs personally.

I have ordered from Franky's modelguns in Japan, and it arrived in CA with no problem, however.

Good luck,

JJ
WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Butcherstills073
Back to top Go down
snoopy213

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:19 am

pitfighter wrote:
I am in LA and have one for sale, but mine is pretty beat up, Snoopy.

If you are looking for a quality collector grade one, like the picture, they are available on and off on Gunbroker, there is a seller in Ridgecrest, CA, modelguncollector, I believe, who often has good examples for sale.

I have had issues importing metal replicas from Europe (Germany and the UK), but some people manage it with no problems.

I think our large mail sometimes goes through San Francisco customs and they may be more difficult than other states, I do not know for sure.
*I would love more info. if anyone has it.
I did end up getting everything I ordered, but I had to communicate directly with SF customs personally.

I have ordered from Franky's modelguns in Japan, and it arrived in CA with no problem, however.

Good luck,

JJ

Thanks for replying pitfighter (JJ) yeah I been searching everywhere for this model gun but all I get is japanese links but alot of people have told me these are scam sites so I dont want to get ripped off lol by any chance do you know another trustworthy website?? thank you once again for replying and all the good info.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:27 am

Hello snoopy and welcome to the forums Very Happy

I'd like to put your mind at rest first by saying that 2 of the best Japanese dealers you could ever wish to deal with are also fellow members of this forum site.

Bothe Francky and shazhib have been supplying most of us with modelguns, spares, cartridges and consumables for years now. Both of these gentlemen are completely trustworthy, efficient, and charge really good fair prices.
You definately won't go wrong with either of them.

As for US based retailers, Phil Genovese of Punchys-Airsoft used to offer models regularly on e-Bay (and on here too) but I haven't heard from him in awhile

Private sellers living in the US I can recommend are ljerr2 and Ken Harris, both of these gentlemen are forum members too.
I've bought items from all the above mentioned guys and had excellent service from them all.

I hope this helps Exclamation

The MGC Thompson is a superb modelgun, you won't be dissapointed Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
snoopy213

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:37 am

Cerwyn wrote:
Hello snoopy and welcome to the forums Very Happy

I'd like to put your mind at rest first by saying that 2 of the best Japanese dealers you could ever wish to deal with are also fellow members of this forum site.

Bothe Francky and shazhib have been supplying most of us with modelguns, spares, cartridges and consumables for years now. Both of these gentlemen are completely trustworthy, efficient, and charge really good fair prices.
You definately won't go wrong with either of them.

As for US based retailers, Phil Genovese of Punchys-Airsoft used to offer models regularly on e-Bay (and on here too) but I haven't heard from him in awhile

Private sellers living in the US I can recommend are ljerr2 and Ken Harris, both of these gentlemen are forum members too.
I've bought items from all the above mentioned guys and had excellent service from them all.

I hope this helps Exclamation

The MGC Thompson is a superb modelgun, you won't be dissapointed Wink

Thank you so much Cerwyn, I really appriciate you taking the time to let me know all this helpful information, by any chance do these gentlement have a website where I can purchase this model gun at a good price, both US & Japan I will really appriciate it, thank you once again Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:40 am

It's my pleasure to try helping you out Very Happy

Francky's website is
http://franckys-modelgun.com

Shazhib can be contacted via Private Message on this forum

ljerr2 AND kharris can also be contacted by PM on the forum

Phil Genovese traded under Private Punchy's Airsoft if I recall correctly and was seen regularly on e-Bay and here. I haven't heard from in awhile but this might give you a lead

Kevin at Modelguncollector is at http://www.modelguncollector.co.uk/

Wink

Back to top Go down
snoopy213

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:53 pm

by any chance do you know if this site is trust worthy?? http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:14 pm

snoopy213 wrote:
by any chance do you know if this site is trust worthy?? http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/

Hi snoopy

I bought my first ever Modelgun off Jay at Modelguns-Worldwide. He was based in the UK then trading as Modelguns.co.uk.
I bought several models off him since.
He moved to France in late '07 if I remember correctly. I always found him helpful and every transaction went smoothly.
If you're thinking of buying your Thompson off him, as long as there aren't any specific problems importing replica guns into your State you should be fine Wink

Back to top Go down
snoopy213

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 am

well thank you very much once again Cerwyn for all the useful info. I really want one of this! I been looking everywhere in yahoo and google but still no luck no US sellers have them in stock Sad well if by any chance you run into a good site PLEASE let me know, thanks

p.s. what stick mag does anyone recommend for this gun?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:59 am

snoopy213 wrote:
well thank you very much once again Cerwyn for all the useful info. I really want one of this! I been looking everywhere in yahoo and google but still no luck no US sellers have them in stock Sad well if by any chance you run into a good site PLEASE let me know, thanks

p.s. what stick mag does anyone recommend for this gun?

You should only use MGC magazines in these model Thompsons. They're available in either 20 or 30rd capacity
Francky usually has these in stock Very Happy

One thing to note though, if you chose not to buy your modelgun from Modelguns-Worldwide.com they will refuse to sell you any accessories or spares for that particular gun...

I checked dealers websites yesterday and found both ModelgunCollector.co.uk and Modelguns-Worldwide show stocks of both Military and Chigago style Thompsons in stock

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type   WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED-MGC Thompson M1921 Chicago Type
Page 1 of 1