MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quietest blank ammo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stealthmaster

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Quietest blank ammo Empty
PostSubject: Quietest blank ammo   Quietest blank ammo Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:10 am

I've used Y.A.S. 9mm for the Jackal Beretta, but it's very loud!

Any half-loud blank ammo out there?
Back to top Go down
gf350

Number of posts : 22
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Quietest blank ammo   Quietest blank ammo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 am

The problem is you need a certian amount of powder to cycle the action which is set by the spring strength and the vent hole size.
Try firing one that uses 9mm winmag or worse the 9mm PPU red tip blanks and you will never think the 9mm PAK ammo is too loud again :-)
On some blank firers that use the winmag/PPU you can adjust the vent hole size to adjust for the extra power of the cheaper Russian PPU blanks but I've only heard of this on a couple of blank guns (scratch built stens, mp40's and thompsons)
The Fiocchi 8mm blanks seem less powerful than the Umarex ones but some guns don't seem to like them as much and jam more. The BBM glock is one of these although most of the other ones i've come accross seem fine.
I've not come accross the 9mm fiocchi PAK blanks though or indeed the Y.A.S ones you use.
Using ear plugs is another option, you still get the same effect without the ringing in your ears :-)
I understand why the PFC model guns are so popular, very little noise in comparison to blanks which does make them a lot more usable in most situations.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Quietest blank ammo   Quietest blank ammo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Yep. The revolvers you can do in half, full, or primer-only loads. Ditto with shotguns. You can get inserts too, to use revolver blanks in larger revolver or shotgun chambers.

Semi-auto has to be full load to work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Quietest blank ammo   Quietest blank ammo Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:46 am

I bought some .308 Austrian army blank, 2000 for $80 on gunbroker, I had to have new adapters made with tiny holes for my FALS, the blanks sound like someone slapping two flat wood blocks together, no flash at all, you could even fire it indoors if you wanted.
However, i think your question was aimed at the 9mm pak guns:
I believe, the volume of noise from the jackal has a lot to do with the high rate of fire (I know this doesn't make sense, but try it out in semi and then full, you'll get what I'm saying), it won't work with blanks that are too powerful (I tried some German self protection flash blanks?) or too underpowered, I use pretty much just Fiocchi and have had no issues. It is the only blank only gun I have used more than once on a movie, I think it's just great!

I really want some of the gold ones, but can't validate the expense, we've been bitch slapped by the economy.
I will trade out model guns for some if anyone is in the US and has them, two gold jackals for an MGC MP40?

Good luck with your Jackal, friend!

JJ.
Back to top Go down
stealthmaster

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Quietest blank ammo   Quietest blank ammo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:52 am

Thanks for the info guys. I think I get the picture now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quietest blank ammo   Quietest blank ammo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quietest blank ammo
Page 1 of 1