MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems Empty
PostSubject: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Claymore

well what a crappy day, not has it only been raining most of it but my newly upgraded just delivered this morning AK47 (airsoft) does not seem to be working right but to top all that my M1A1 is not working.

After reading Marks Excellent review i got the gun out and polished up the bolt and thought great this will be fun, i even decided to video it (bad mistake that as everytime i try to vid myself firing i get problems). Anyway loaded the rounds 28 of them cocked the bolt pulled the trigger and the round failed to feed, tried again it failed to feed, next fed but failed to eject. So gun apart check it out all seemed in order.
Back to firing , failed feed failed feed fed and 1 round ejected failed to feed etc etc etc, you get the idea. Its raining, the AK aint right (after £200 upgrade) and MY BLOODY THOMPSON IS UP THE SPOUT. Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems Icon_evil

Anyway, 50 deep breaths later and several wasted hrs and as i am taking a lodged round out of the chamber what do i find, a loose barrel detonator pin, in fact not just loose but complety free.
So gun apart, again and now i discover the srew has snapped and only has about 4mm of screw left to hold the pin. Well at least it seems i have found the problem but i dont have a screw suitable to replace, so quick email to jay and he has a genuine replacement in the post.

Of course not being satisfied with only a few problems i decided to give my new Kimber compact custom a blast and oohh! yes problems for some reason it does not feed correct as the round gets stripped of the mag the bullet head drops and slams into the breach, it could be the mag that is not sitting right but i just dont want to spend anymore time today trying to work it out.

Today was not a good day. I am now going to sit back with a very large cigar and several extremly large Glenlivets. Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Mark

Quote :
So gun apart, again and now i discover the srew has snapped and only has about 4mm of screw left to hold the pin. Well at least it seems i have found the problem but i dont have a screw suitable to replace, so quick email to jay and he has a genuine replacement in the post.

Hey claymore, sorry to hear about the problems with your airsoft/modelguns the detonators usually get loose due to the fact that we usually don't think about tightning them up much after cleaning them. Always check the detonators before firing!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Hudson M1A1 Thompson Firing Pin problems
Page 1 of 1