MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Empty
PostSubject: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:31 am

About two years ago I was so excited to get my first MAC at a gunshow. I was so excited I paid a ridiculous amount, bought ten 30 round Grease Gun mags (still in their Vietnam wrappings) and two 40 round mags. I also neglected to fully inspect the item and was disappointed to find it was not an Ingram open bolt MAC-10 semi but a crappy Vulcan closed bolt semi.

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Volcan10

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Volcan11

If you’ve ever fired a MAC-10 .45 it is one on the most impractical guns ever. It weighs a ton and is impractical to hold. There’s nowhere for your left hand.

However I stand by my opinion that the MAC-10 .45 is one of the coolest looking guns ever! A symbol of the Cold Warrior.

My MAC needs A LOT of work to get it to look, like the classic Ingram.

It lacks the grooves on the left side.
It’s closed on open bolt, thus the bolt cannot be held back as we are accustomed to seeing them.
The color is parkalized, I’d prefer cold blued or gloss black.
There is no classic safety to the right of the trigger finger.
There is no lined hole for a safety.
The safety is in the form of a selector switch on the right side.
There is no selector switch on the left side.
The bolt handle is coin shaped not the knuckle buster.
There is no wire stock.
There is no space for a wire stock to be installed.
There is no sling attachment around the barrel.
It lacks the Powder Springs and Cobray markings.

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Closed10

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Mac_4510

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Mac_4511

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Mac_4512

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Mac_fu10

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Origin10

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Powder10

Wow, a lot of work.

MAC gun kits are plentiful. But most are expensive and do not contain all the parts I need. There are also legal restrictions on these. A stock or forgrip cannot be attached because this is considered manufacturing an unregistered short barreled rifle. An open bolt cannot be installed in a newer receiver, even if it’s only semi auto.

A radical idea which may solve many of these problems is Tokyo Marui’s AEG MAC-10 .45. Since most of my changes would be simply cosmetic, I’m not looking to build a real SMG!

From the original I could preserve the original receiver, which I would need for the real heavy weight and real mag well for a .45 magazine.

From the AEG I was hoping to use, the wire stock, safety, knuckle buster, forward sling, and upper receiver and barrel.

I am confident that mixing plastic with metal will look great with the high quality enamel paints I use.

I will attempt to find a way to install the open bolt with the AEG knuckle buster. Ideally I will find a way to hold it retain the bolt in the open position. When moved it will still eject the .45 shells. Since there is no firing pin in the open bolt there is no chance of a live shell firing.

I will also attempt to install a real barrel into the airsoft upper receiver. If not I’ll just have to live with the airsoft barrel.

The cosmetic safety and selector will be on reversed sides but oh well.

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Tm10

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Tm310

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Tm110

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Tm210

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Tm410

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Tm510

I’ve been striving to find a good way to get the Cobray logo and Powder Springs marking on the lower receiver. I’ve tried decals and computer printing on special paper but nothing perfect yet.

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Airsof10

Mixing a real gun and a plastic AEG may sound odd but the goal is not to make a working firearm just one that looks real.

Wouldn’t it be easier to buy the real thing?

I’m not paying $4000 USD for a gun I won’t shoot. Besides this is more fun. A major project.

Anyone have reviews or exact dimensions of the Tokyo Marui MAC-10?

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Mac_po10

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Duke210
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:22 am

With all due respect to the original poster, I'm out of this conversation.
Comments edited - I agree with Smootik and Cerwyn, this is a model gun forum.

It's possible sometimes to word a critical comment too carefully and have it misconstrued as encouragement.

Last edited by pitfighter on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks for the advice Pitfighter.

Since the 2008 election gun prices have jumped 100%. The main appeal of these open bolt semis is their collectability and easy (illegal) full auto conversion. Some of them are even including the ‘Full Auto’ publication with the gun.

The open bolt gun would have some of but not all the features I’m looking for. I would still need the hard to find stock exedra.

I had to give up on my plan for converting an airsoft MP5 to look like an HK94. The mag wells are radically different sizes with no why to modify them. A real MP5 mag is 125% the size of an airsoft.

Many gun dealers now think they can charge an arm and a leg for the Clintons’ most hated guns like the MAC, M11, or Tec-9. The entire popularity of these guns were not their quality but dirt cheap price. For $1500 anyone can get a far better hi cap pistol like a Glock or TMP or Calico exedra. The newer Glock full auto (illegal) modification manuals have been extremely popular.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Guys,
Sorry to rain on your parade but:
"Please discuss Modelguns here. NO AIRSOFT, BLANK-FIRING OR NON-MODELGUN TOPICS PLEASE."

TM MAC is an airsoft replica, the other weapons you talk about are not even blank-firers but real ones... and mentioning modifications to full auto should not be really done here either :-)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:50 am

smootik wrote:
Guys,
Sorry to rain on your parade but:
"Please discuss Modelguns here. NO AIRSOFT, BLANK-FIRING OR NON-MODELGUN TOPICS PLEASE."

TM MAC is an airsoft replica, the other weapons you talk about are not even blank-firers but real ones... and mentioning modifications to full auto should not be really done here either :-)

I'm in agrement with smootik on this one, especially as real guns are being discussed now.

Rather than delete it, I'll move it over to General Firearms Discussions for the time being. If, however, illegal modifications to real guns are discussed then it'll be necessary to halt further discussions altogether.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:46 am

OK guys.

Airsoft and real gun parts are good resources for model guns.

The reason I used the term "illegal" was to enphasize that some modeifications are illegal and should not be done.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Agreed, parts from both Airsoft and real weapons can be well used to create Modelguns.

Amongst the "Modifications" pages here there are some wonderful examples of cap firing and dummy models made from a mixture of parts from Airsoft, cap-firing and to some extent, real guns.

If we use the basic "rule of thumb" that a MODELGUN is an accurate replica of a real weapon, both externally and internally. PFC cap firing models fit this category perfectly especially as they replicate "firing" and shell ejection as per the real thing.

Dummy models that accurately replicate their real counterpart are also MODELGUNS

After some thought and discussion, Gas Blow Back Airsoft guns have been given a category as have Blank Firing guns.
Although internally, these types of gun maybe completely different to the real thing, it was thought that a recoiling bolt operating by Gas pressure was close enough and has certainly created a lot of interest.
The new Shell Ejecting GBB and recently released hybrid GBB/PFC models fit in quite well too.

From the forum's outset, AEG and Spring Airsoft have not been considered as true MODELGUNS. Yes, they may look like real guns but internally bear no resemblance to the real gun and cycling action is completely different so they've not been considered relevant in their own right.
De-Activated weapons have not been considered MODELGUNS either.

Real Weapons will, of course, be of interest as our Modelgun hobby is centred on true replicas of them. The General Firearms category is here for threads and posts.

We just need to make sure that we stick to the original intention which is discussing and sharing the MODELGUN hobby.
We're not a Real Firearms forum nor an Airsoft site. Confusion arose a short while ago where someone took us to be a Hunting and Game shooting forum for example.
Another rather dangerous path was discussing how "easy" de-activated weapons could be modified to fire live ammunition. Illegal activities such as that cannot and should not be discussed on an open forum. That is not what this forum is about.

Creating a realistic MODELGUN from various sources of parts is perfectly valid for discussion as long as everything done is legal.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC   Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Marui's AEG MAC
Page 1 of 1