MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting   Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:36 pm

My Tanaka Glock 18 arrived last night.

At first I was very pleased. The only noticeable difference was the weight, since the slide and barrel are plastic.

The internal workings were amazingly identical to a real Glock. (I’m in the process of moving right now but when I get my real Glock 17 I’ll post some photo comparisons.)

About an hour later the attached rubber grips fell off!

The plastic lower receiver contains massive quarter size holes underneath the rubber grips right where the fingers grip the gun! WTF!

Hence every time you grip the gun your fingers actually press into the gun knocking the rubber grips out of place!

I tried fixing the rubber grips in place with model glue, and then model putty. But they just do not want to stay in place. The best solution would probably be to cover the problem areas with some type of solid and then gluing the rubber grips on.

My next attempt will be to use metal duct tape to cover the area. How I’m going to cut it to fit perfectly I have no idea. And if the rubber rips won’t stay in place how will the duct tape?

Has anyone else had these problems? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting   Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 pm

I covered the holes with metal duct tape making it sturdy.

Those damn Tanaka rubber grips would not bond with anything I put on them.

The real Glock slip on rubber grip was tight enough to hold the them into place.

I promise photo comparisons with my real Glock 17 when my move is finished.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting   Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:48 pm

My first Tanaka Glock 17 had the same problem - and my solution is to get another one (released last year) in which the grip is made "one-piece" with the frame...

Seriously - I stuck the rubber grip & the frame together with the double-sided tape and it works fine now...
Back to top Go down
Spencer-Man
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
Spencer-Man

Number of posts : 47
Location / Country : Brighton, England
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting   Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm

If I remember correctly, I used super glue on my grips, and never had another problem until I eventually sold it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting   Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka Glock18 Trouble Shooting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun Problems-
Jump to: