MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.

Go down 
+2
phobus
smootik
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

(Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Empty
PostSubject: (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.   (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 am

Governements should ban water pistols (aka squirt guns).
These can be used as flamethrowers without any modifications.
People just fill them with something flamable instead of water:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/193270/squirt_gun_flame_thrower/

I guess this only shows that people who say "ban replicas, ban airsoft" are not logical at all.
Flamethrower can cause more damage (to owner as well) than modelguns or airsoft.
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.   (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:11 pm

LOL Very Happy

What about Cricket bats too ??

I was shocked and alarmed to find that these are readily available here in the UK - without ANY form of license required !!!

I feel this is a part of the market which is open to exploitation by the criminal fraternity .

I am writing to my MP today .

Carl . monkey

Last edited by phobus on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.   (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:04 pm

If they do ban cricket bats, I assume we will still be able to get them if they are painted bright blue Very Happy as the blue ones dont hurt Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.   (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:45 pm

(Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_eek The thing is, if the "Powers That Be" get to see something like this then they probably WILL ban water pistols and squirt guns.
How long will it be before we see the headlines ... "Gangland shooting with SuperSoaker Flamethrowers"
I'm torn between thinking that's impressive muzzle flash and how bloody idiotic can somebody be (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_question (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_eek Can you imagine the damage that thing could do (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_question
I'd rather be shot at by a BB gun than that thing anyday.

Another thing I didn't know, windscreen wash concentrate is flammable (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_question (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_question (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_eek (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_eek (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_eek

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.   (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:36 am

No, No, No.........don't ban cricket bats!
You need to keep up your practice to beat us in the Ashes!

And we don't want to see fluoro pink or orange. Just natural wood!
Back to top Go down
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.   (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:23 pm

I won't even start on this cause I'll just vent and vent but I personally think that the whole restrictions they put in place for airsoft, model guns and blank firers was a total waste of manpower, money and time. All that effort could have been better used to prevent the import and black market sales of real firearms as well as the issue with illegal drugs.

It was a pathetic way to please the public outcry to do something about increased violence and these categories were a very easy target. I mean seriously... when was the last time you heard about a shoot out involving a bb gun? Or someone dying from a bb gun/model gun. Evil or Very Mad

The way things seem to progress at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if they start putting 'over 18 only' stickers on super soakers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.   (Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Politics) Governements should ban water pistols, too.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: