MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Empty
PostSubject: Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem   Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi everyone. Smile

Just got my first kit (Marushin Browning Hi Power) which I finished putting together, which was rather fun. However, I now have a couple of problems I'm faced with.

First is the magazine release which won't screw into place. I've put the screw and spring in place, placed it into the gun and I assume when in place you turn the screw again but it just won't turn (messed up my screw driver trying, lol).

Secondly, and the main problem really, is that the detonator pin wasn't pushed far enough into the barrel. I actually thought I had done so but it seems I hadn't and now the cartridges will not feel correctly. I am trying to strip the gun to fix this minor problem but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do that. Sad
I've tried locking the gun back then pulling out the lever but it seems very much loked into place. I don't want to force it too much incase I break something in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem   Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Hello Ammo,

To get the slide off, remove the magazine then pull the slide back until the notch cut into the slide aligns with the lever.
I've tried copying and zooming in on the instruction sheet, sorry if it's a bit blurred
Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem BrowningSlide

This is the page in full, you mightbe able to get a clearer zoom than I did

Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem FN-91

I seem to remember having a couple of problems myself getting everything perfectly aligned but once that notch and lever line up the lever should push through.

Hope this helps

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem   Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:13 pm

This should be a better photo

Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem BrowningSlideNotchbmp

Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem   Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Instead of locking the slide back , try to hold the slide back and then push the barrel lock/slide lever out at the same time ..bear in mind the long slide catch has a little dimple in it needs a little bit of pressure to pop the plunger ( inside ) that locks into this.

Please make sure the cut out in the slide is perfectly in line with the corresponding part of the catch or you may knock a bit off the slide by mistake.

This actually sounds rather complex but it isnt ...its just how I explain things

if you are still stuck tomorrow I`ll do a photo instead Embarassed

DOC
Back to top Go down
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem   Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Thank you so much guys (especially for those scans). I love you

I found out why it was being so difficult, all it needed was the slide to be locked back and then the barrel to be pulled very slightly until the catch gave out and smoothly pulled out. It seems the barrel pushes back and locks the catch very firmly into place. Also seem to have got the detonator pin sorted out and the mag release is perfectly sorted too (all I needed was a place to work in where there was a very decent amount of light i.e. my workplace). Very Happy

It's all come together nicely now (might post up a pic later of it, my very first modelgun kit I put together). I will test fire it a bit later on tonight when the building is empty. cheers
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem   Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:13 am

Great stuff Ammo, it's good to hear you've got it sorted Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_wink

Please do let us know what you think of your Browning, it'll be interesting to learn how the assembly went and how the pistol performs for you

A full set of the scanned instructions can be found here: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-instructions-f10/browning-hi-power-m1935-instructions-t87.htm although there are different versions of the Browning, there's a side-fire and centre-fire available, instruction manuals will be available for both types Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem   Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Browning Hi Power Stripping Problem
Page 1 of 1