MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dummy SIG P229 (early version)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Empty
PostSubject: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 am

Didn't like this model at first - but after watching it being used by certain TV characters (to name one John Caruso on CSI: Miami) and later learnt that this had been widely used by the US Air Marshals post 9-11 - so OK I'll get one...

As I'm extremely old-fashioned in terms of the looks of the guns (don't really like the new railed-frame pistols apart from Glock & USP - and those weird-looking S&W Performance Center offerings as well) so I chose the early model instead...

Should I say this replica is a "transition model" - that was the period before the introduction of the railed-frame while having the improved rear-sight and the take-down lever (with finger-rest) fitted around year 2000...

Again similar to the P226 before - this one is completely "home-made" without any real steel part being used I was told...

Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00028
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00027
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00020
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00021
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00022
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00025
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00026
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00029
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00030
Dummy SIG P229 (early version) DSC00031
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Jim,

It never fails to amaze me that the various dummy modelguns you've shown us are always so beautifully made. The quality of these models is outstanding.

You mention "Home-Made" again here, if these are one-off custom builds, from scratch, I would love to see the craftsman's workshop and his techniques Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_smile

Yet another wonderful model Jim, thanks for showing it Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:38 pm

I agree with Cerwyn here .

I would love to be able to buy models like this here in the UK .

Pre VCR I used to import stuff from HK - the likes of Wa Shan pistols and airsofts etc . Not anymore .

These models look amazing - one of my absolute favourite pistols as well .

These days in the UK if you want a SIG model you have plastic modelguns / the Umarex or Turkish blank firers ( not exact replicas of real steel and scarce to boot ) or pay £600 for a deactivated version !!

Not much in the way of options really .

Carl. Smile
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Make me a second one Jim! I LOVE it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:17 pm

yellow wrote:
Make me a second one Jim! I LOVE it! Very Happy

Hi yellow,

If you think this one's good, check out the other Dummy replicas Jim's shown us in the Reviews category and in Gen.Discussions too.
There's even a Stirling SMG... mouthwatering....

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks all for the appreciation...but if a £600 deactivated SIG pistol is considered as expensive in the UK (I'll take this as a bargain!) well please forget about these... Crying or Very sad

The cost of these replicas ranged between £780 (i.e. the relatively simplistic M1911A1) to the whooping £1,400 (some very, very rare or one-off model) - real (or close to real) guns are unbelievably pricey in Asia such as HK & Japan and HK is already considered as one of the gun-friendly Asian city (when considering other Communist States)...

Each time the production of a model (or its variants) is scheduled some 50~80 pcs would be made otherwise the sales price will definitely be higher - these guns are made from the molds and a lathe and I'll see if I can get inside the workshop for some photos very soon...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:01 pm

An insight into the design and production of these high quality models would be fascinating Jim, Thank You Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_exclaim
Photos of the various production stages and more finished models would be really well worth seeing Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
Spencer-Man
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
Spencer-Man

Number of posts : 46
Location / Country : Brighton, England

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Yes, once again Jim you have a model to make everyone envious No . I wish that I had some of the very high quality models that you have. I would personally like an MP5, or to see one at least, maybe then I could get over some of the snags that I have hit with mine. I cannot remember whether you said or not, but do the semi auto guns that you have chamber a cartridge, or are they blocked somehow?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:08 am

Thanks Spencer-Man...I'm chasing after those guys for a dummy MP5 as well - but there're many factors behind (such as the difficulties of faithfully replicating the "rolling-block system"/ the R&D cost for it / the minimum orders required before the green light, etc)...so I've to wait and see (there're working on Remington M870 right now - but I've already got several Tanaka M870 which are already good enough).

I suggested if a Remington 870 can be made then how about Benelli's M1/M3 series...

And regarding your question - yes all the dummy guns can be chambered (i.e. including the Stirling and the Colt DS with clear cylinder)...only the bore's partially blocked like theatrical weapons (l asked for it...usually they're made completely blocked).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dummy SIG P229 (early version)   Dummy SIG P229 (early version) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dummy SIG P229 (early version)
Page 1 of 1