MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BadBean
BadBean

Number of posts : 82
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Empty
PostSubject: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Hello!

I want to buy some real weapon grips for my WaShan M9 (walnut grips).
Crewyn is still waiting for his real ones to try if they fit...

I read that what the americans call the "M9" actually was a 92SB - F ...
Beretta 92SB grips are different ones than the 92FS ones - wich is the most common Beretta.

So is the WaShan Beretta, that's actually called "M9" a 92SB or more like a 92FS?
If 92FS grips wouldnt fit, any chance the 92SB do?

Is anybody here who has the knowledge about the Beretta models to help us?

Thanks, have a nice day pig
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:35 am

I still carry a 92FS when I'm on duty. I also have the MGC Beretta 92. I can check to see if they fit if that helps anyone out. I don't have the WaShan unfortunately to check.
Back to top Go down
BadBean
BadBean

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 am

hi!

Well we could work ourselfs towards a solution xD

If you try the real grips on a MGC, and then we need to find someone who owns a MGC and WaShan M9, to see if they are different^^

If you carry a real 92FS on duty, do you know if M) or 92SB grips fit your gun?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:18 am

I have a MGC and a Wa Shan. Will try it later this day Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 am

The dimensions between fixing screw hole centres is different when comparing Marushin's M9 Dolphin and WaShan's models.

When the genuine Beretta grips I bought off e-Bay arrive I'll know which model they'll fit, if they fit either that is Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_exclaim

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 am

Just tried it.
MGC grips fit the WaShan M9 perfectly.
The other way around is not that perfect, but it 'fits'. You only have a gap of about 1mm at the side of the mag release button. I think that the thicker part on the back of the WaShan grips is slightly bigger than the cutout in the frame of the MGC.
Back to top Go down
BadBean
BadBean

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks people Very Happy

Well what do we know: The MGC ones fit the WaShan

And now we have to wait for ljerr2 to find out if the real ones fit a MGC ^^
Back to top Go down
Spencer-Man
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
Spencer-Man

Number of posts : 47
Location / Country : Brighton, England
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm

The M9 is basically the latest version of the 92F. I think that the grips should be the same on the standard model 92SB as they are on the later models, as I think that it is only the design that changed, maybe the shape only slightly. Dont be put off by the pictures on Ebay as a lot of sellers just use stock pictures to show grips, not the actual grips themselves. I also think that the grips are different slightly on the FS to the F, as the part of the grip at the back is squarer as the gun has a squarer backstrap, but only slightly, and they would still probably fit with only very minor modification.

Oh, and real grips for the 92/96 do fit the MGC model 92/96 with only a fraction of a milimeter on one of the screw holes and a tiny little bit on the top of the mag release that catches ever so slightly. No problem to get those to fit properly at all.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:39 pm

sounds like Spencer man answered the fitment question regarding MGC and the real Beretta.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:50 pm

I'm curious to know if the real Beretta grips will fit my WaShan Dolphin. According to the above posts, they should.

Marushin's grips wouldn't fit the WaShan though without opening up the screw holes. I'm not that convinced I could modify them without it being obvious so I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of the real ones to find out.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions   Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real Steel Grips for the WaShan Beretta M9 and general M9 questions
Page 1 of 1