MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC S&W model 76

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

MGC S&W model 76 Empty
PostSubject: MGC S&W model 76   MGC S&W model 76 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi All
Was wondering if anyone has one of these? or can help with some advice?
I know these can come in "new" CP cart or "old" open type cart varients, but with the carts for these now very hard to find in any reasonable qty, has anybody tried to convert over to a more common type cartridge?????
The Cp type 76 cart is a 9mmx24mm cart.
Any ideas / advice??? (I know obvious answer is to try loads but hope someone can help narrow search:))

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC S&W model 76 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC S&W model 76   MGC S&W model 76 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi John,

Take a look at the original forum pages,

http://www.mp40modelguns.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1967 , this might help you narrow your search down a little

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC S&W model 76 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC S&W model 76   MGC S&W model 76 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Not easy this one as the rounds are small, MGC M39, M459 rounds seem to be about the same size but the are cp rounds so you need the det pin for them, open rounfs are difficult to find but not impossible. I have never seen the size of th round for the mgc sig 210 but they may fit. the other thing to do is see what rounds fit in the recess for the bolt and will eject and then have a det pin made for that round thats how we convert most of the models like uzi's mp40's etc to other rounds a s lots of rounds will fit the bolt but not the det pin. I have an M76 i will have a look and see what rounds may work.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

MGC S&W model 76 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC S&W model 76   MGC S&W model 76 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:47 pm

CP-BLK cartridges I have seem to be actually 24.5mm long, 9mm diameter. Not sure why it's different, probably marking on the box is rounded to the nearest mm.

Other cartridges are over 9mm. Cartridges under 9mm that I know of are MGC P08, MAC-11, VP-70, SigP210 and Hudson Skorpion. They are all a bit shorter, around 24mm.

"9mm" carts (such as KSC) seem to be wider in reality, from 9.5 to 10mm, and longer, about 28..30mm.

Except for measuring cartridges I have no idea how these differences translate to chambering and other firing effects.
I hope it's at least a bit of useful info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC S&W model 76 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC S&W model 76   MGC S&W model 76 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC S&W model 76
Page 1 of 1