MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:34 am

Does anyone know if a real Thompson mag will fit into the Hudson Thompson smg.

I have the chance to buy the Hudson without a mag but don't want to get it unless I can actually fit in a real one (or some other substitute)...

Thanks,

Kerry
Back to top Go down
nho4

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : Pennsylvania / usa
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:12 am

You can make them work, but you either have to open up the track in the lower housing or grind down the real clip track, either way there is some work involved, you may also have to drill a hole in the clip where it locks into the lower frame and you should take care and measure before drilling to make sure your plug fire cartridges will feed correctly. almost all of these tommys have different tolerences when it comes to mags( clips) you may luck out. I had to rework several mags in different ways to make them feed correctly. Or you could email www.modelguns-worldwide.com and see if they have any as they sell MGC and Hudson along with parts
Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 am

Thanks so much for the quick response. While I like the idea of being able to fire blanks through it I may use it more as a wall hanger. Will the actual mag fit in the replica without work or is that what the hole is drilled for )so that the magazine catch holds...)

Thanks again for the site referral... I think they do sell separate mags.

K
Back to top Go down
nho4

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : Pennsylvania / usa
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:00 pm

mag question, these toy tommy were made to look the real part, but the replica is off sized in many ways, depending on what mag you get it might slide in part way and then get tight or might not fit in at all. I have used in mine the real colt marked clips and some that are made by another co. for service in WW2. No markings. Remember you will have to do some work on them to actually fire the plugs cartridges properly. I would say try and get one from the outfit in england first, they are made of metal and you can't tell them from the original
Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: hUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks again, this is great info... I will def. try and hunt down a Hudson magazine then rather than mod a real one!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 am

Hi Kerland

You may find that Modelguns-Worldwide will actually refuse to sell you a magazine unless you've bought the Modelgun from them too.

There are several options open to you wwhen looking for a Hudson Magazine (both 20rd & 30rd stick mags are available for Hudson's M1A1

www.franckys-modelguns.com
shazhib - available via PM through the forum here
www.modelguncollector.co.uk
http://www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com/

you could also try forum members ljerr2 by PM here
and Ken Harris (kharris) by PM also

All of the above are well known to us and come highly recommended.

a Wanted Ad' in the Buy/Sell category could well turn something up for you too.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Kerland

PostSubject: HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:00 pm

As always, thank you Cerwyn! This is great info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION   HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HUDSON THOMPSON MAG QUESTION
Page 1 of 1