MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clamp on threaded barrel adapter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 236
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Empty
PostSubject: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 pm

A few years back I picked up a Beretta modelgun that came with a nice little fake suppressor that attached via an adapter that was threaded on one end (for the suppressor) and the other end fit over the outside of the barrel and then clamped on with a set screw. Worked great on Beretta 92s since they have that extra little bit of barrel sticking out past the slide.
Not a perfect solution, since the set-screw marred the barrel some on any gun you put it on, especially ABS modelguns, but still- it was darned convenient for me to have.

Still have it, although I'm not sure where right now, and was wanting to pick up another something like that. Anyone have any idea where I might find one?

Everything I'm finding right now requires threaded barrels...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:14 pm

You mean something like this?

It is not threaded, but it's the same principal to attach it to the barrel (with a grub screw).

Clamp on threaded barrel adapter DSC04190
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Yeah, that kind of attachment method, but for a suppressor.

I do prop weapons rentals, and get a lot of requests for handguns with silencers. Sadly, not a single one of my blank firing or modelguns has an extended and threaded barrel. A couple blank ones are threaded on the inside, and I may still try to figure out how to take advantage of that. Otherwise it's just gas-blowback airsoft that have the threaded barrels.
Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:03 pm

i have a suppessor for a blank pistol, its from a rhom rg 96, it contects by a two ended screw if that makes sense, so that you can just alter it for each weapon, i have no need for it
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:27 am

Any of your overseas airsoft retailers will have them. I know exactly what you are talking about. G&G I think makes them.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Yeah, that's kinda emblematic of our times: I'm sure someone is selling it somewhere on the internet, I just don't know what to call it or how else to find it...
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clamp on threaded barrel adapter   Clamp on threaded barrel adapter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clamp on threaded barrel adapter
Page 1 of 1