MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC68 MP40 Strip...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

mgc mp40 - MGC68 MP40 Strip... Empty
PostSubject: MGC68 MP40 Strip...   mgc mp40 - MGC68 MP40 Strip... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:10 am

Post by figaro

Ok this is probably an easy fix.
I have acquired an as new MGC68, I suspect a very late model, and I cannot strip it.
I have other model MP40's and they all dissamble easily, as per an original.

This is marked MGC68 on the rear of the receiver tube mounting. there are no serial numbers anywhere.
There is a small "Japan" on the bottom of the trigger guard.

It has a plastic resting bar. Otherwise except for foregrip and pistol grip it is all metal.
It takes regular/original MP40 mags. The pristene mag it came with is also marked MGC, with tiny fake waffen marks.
Along with regular screws it is put together with hex screws and rolled steel pins.
There is no marking on any of the heads of either hex or regular screw heads, so I don't really want to tinker with it too much.

It does not have a detonator in the breech or a venting barrel.
With the exception of the bolt, which is powered by an open spring, and the lower frame, there appears to be only steel construction, although very thin. This is about 2/3rds the weight of my Zinc model MP40.

When the dissassembly pin is pulled down and turned, the frame still feels solidly locked together. I can look inside the reciever tube and see the head of the dissambly pin dropping out of the receiver, so the receiver should at this point twist slightly for stripping, it doesn't.

If I push harder, the whole frame starts to twist. hence my stopping. It also looks like the reciver tube is attached to the reciver end cap, which I haven't encountered before.

This is my first MGC68 MP40, so excuse what is probably an obvious question. Unless it's a fake! The bolt seems intact, unlike my US Thompson, which had the bottom ground off. Franky, is finding me a new one.

I will photograph this new addition to my collection. Until then any help would be appreciated.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Strip...   mgc mp40 - MGC68 MP40 Strip... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Mark

Hi figaro,

Would you be so kind to put your MGC MP40's specs. in the MGC MP40 registry information area of the general modelgun disscussion area please? As it would add to the information base on these modelguns. Thanks!

As for the disassembly instructions, the later MGC "68" MP40's where harder to take down as MGC either from sloppy assembly or on purpose, made the magazine housing sit back a little farther on the receiver which does tend to make the disassembly difficult as the magazine housing overhangs so much.

What I have done is remove the two magazine housing screws and gently tap the magazine housing slightly forward toward the barrel. That should relieve the pressure on the lower receiver and allow the lower to twist away from the upper receiver.

There are no "fake" MGC "68" MP40's that I am aware of..The late single, big spring MGC MP40's are fairly rare and they where the last ones built/shipped in 1977....

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms

Last edited by mark on Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Strip...   mgc mp40 - MGC68 MP40 Strip... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:12 am

Post by figaro

Awesome, thanks, I will give that a go, tomorrow.
Honestly, the workmanship is not, emm, of superior quality.
But it is nice that it is so pristene... I know pictures!
I will get to it.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Strip...   mgc mp40 - MGC68 MP40 Strip... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:12 am

Post by DOC

Don`t forget to keep the trigger pulled when you are attempting to rotate the mag housing/receiver tube or the sear catches against the cut out in the underside of the receiver.
Once the mag housing/receiver is at right angles to the lower it should come apart easy enough.

DOC

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Strip...   mgc mp40 - MGC68 MP40 Strip... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC68 MP40 Strip...
Page 1 of 1