MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
-Clover-

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Empty
PostSubject: Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)   Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Bought this little gem off Gunbroker on a whim last year, and I'd like to pass it on to a more serious collector.

It's a Marushin UZI, one of the early versions made in the late 1970's. I received with it a letter declaring it a non-gun from the ATF (can't tell if it's an original copy of the letter, it might be. I'll post pics of that later).

Don't know much about it, as like I said I bought it on a whim with the intent to hold onto it. However, as with all things in life, priorities change and I though this would be the perfect place to find it a good home.

Now for some pictures:
Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) IMG_0585

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) IMG_0607

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) IMG_0608

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) IMG_0544

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) IMG_0545

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Uzi2

Here's what's included:
-Marushin UZI (complete w/ original box, sling, wood stock, and magazine) and magazine)
-Letter from the ATF
-Real steel UZI folding stock (w/ all parts needed to attach it to the Marushin)
*I was told by the original-seller that the lower-receiver(IE the grip where the magazine is inserted) may or may not also be a real-deal UZI part. I've no way to verify this, just thought I should put it out there that it's a possibility

I have some pictures I can upload later of the Marushin-markings too, if anyone's interested.

I'd like to see this gone for somewhere in the neighborhood of $300. I'd prefer to keep this domestic, but if you're willing to pay the extra shipping cost and risk customs, I'll ship internationally.

Thanks for looking Smile
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)   Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:31 pm

GOD DAMN THE VCR BILL!!! I'd have this like a shot if not for that bloody useless law.
Back to top Go down
-Clover-

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)   Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:34 am

That's the UK one that affected Airsoft too, right? Damn shame...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)   Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:15 am

The same one... :-(

It covers all "imitation firearms", no matter if it is a modelgun, airsoft or a solid rubber toy in shape of gun.

One cannot legally buy "imitation firearms" without having a defence, which can be membership of airsoft association, reenactor club etc. Model could be also painted in one of bright colours to make it non-imitation. It is up to the seller to verify compliance, otherwise the seller will be prosecuted.

http://www.airsofter.co.uk/index.php/about-airsoft-new-to-airsoft-138/the-law/vcra

This bill had a very chilling effect on modelgun sales :-/ While airsoft sales continued thanks to availability of airsoft clubs and popularity of this hobby, there is no specific provision for modelguns. Export out of UK is still legal (seller does not need to provide a defence), but most shipping couriers do not accept replica firearms.
Back to top Go down
lowlight
lowlight

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : California/USA
Registration date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)   Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:48 am

-Clover- wrote:
Bought this little gem off Gunbroker on a whim last year, and I'd like to pass it on to a more serious collector.

I'd like to see this gone for somewhere in the neighborhood of $300. I'd prefer to keep this domestic, but if you're willing to pay the extra shipping cost and risk customs, I'll ship internationally.

Thanks for looking Smile

Hey there, I sent you a PM about this item, looking forward to hearing back from you if it's still available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)   Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early Marushin UZI (wood-stock, 1970's model)
Page 1 of 1