MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Front firing blank guns

Go down 
+3
bjornhk
Fight Designer
kevin dangerously
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kevin dangerously

Number of posts : 16
Location / Country : Boston, MA. USA
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Front firing blank guns Empty
PostSubject: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Does anyone know how I could obtain some front firing blank pistols for movie production?

I live in the US, I know they don't generally import them as front firing but is it illegal to own one/ship one in?

This has been my only lead so far
http://www.hellotrade.com/bruni-guns/product2.html
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:38 pm

This comes up regularly, in part because it seems impossible to answer definitively. I've been looking in to this for years, and have yet to see specific laws either way. I have, however, seen a number of cases of laws being subjectively interpreted in different ways depending on the agenda or inclination of the officers or judge involved.

So I don't think they're illegal, but without being able to get specific documentation of that, nobody really wants to import them in any quantity, so they're damn hard to find.

If you want more, email me:
action@fightdesigner.com

-and if you try ordering from that site, let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
bjornhk

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : Norway
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:13 am

kevin dangerously wrote:
Does anyone know how I could obtain some front firing blank pistols for movie production?

I live in the US, I know they don't generally import them as front firing but is it illegal to own one/ship one in?

This has been my only lead so far
http://www.hellotrade.com/bruni-guns/product2.html

Bruni makes front-firing models of many of their blank-firers (http://www.bruniguns.com/sito/new/category.php?id_category=4), so I should think it would only be a matter of contacting them to find a dealer.

If front firers are not legal in your area, it is perhaps possible to get a special permission to import them, since you will be using them for movie work. It's possible, though, that it is less expensive to simply hire them from a company that does gun rental for movies.

Bjørn
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:10 pm

They're pretty much all available in front venting- Bruni, Voltran, Eckols, Umarex, Reck, etc. They just have top venting versions that are easier to get explicit permission to import in quantities to the US.
Back to top Go down
Col_Hogan

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Dear Fight Designer,

Here's the deal from a good source: US Legislature wanted Front firing gun banned in the early 1990's, theory being that you could blind someone with the flame, or stick a pebble in the cup........

....Making the guns themselves Illegal, would be difficult as the ATF would have to re-write the law as to whats considered a "Non-Gun" So the easiest way to get them off the market was to ban the import through the US department of commerce. US import is banned, but these are still considered Non-Guns by the ATFE. I THINK, they would be legal to own, but if you import them, they might get seized....The Dept of Commerce has no Law enforcement Branch like the ATFE, so if you try to import them, they will just get seized...but you wouldn't go to jail for atempted smuggling.

Be that as it may, Keystone Arsenal Replicas has 3 new revolvers based on a front firing gun already imported. these guns will are brand new, have a wonderful blued finish and will make movie people and Indiana Jones Fans very Happy....I don't know how to attach a picture of them or I would. Also KAR is working with a Big Blank gun Manufacturer right now to get front firing guns for movie people only. Some REALLY nice models too!...so how can I add a picture?

Colonel Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 am

Hi Col Hogan,

Here's a link to full details how to post photos on the forum:

In case you haven't seen it yet, I've sent you a PM too about this and other matters:D

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Col_Hogan

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks a million.....still can't get it to work....

http: // www . servimg . com/image_preview.php?i=5&u=16711407][/url][/img]

Just remove the spaces....and if you want to post the pic, you have my permission....These revolvers are awesome. The test gun got totally scratched in the protype modification phase, but the end result was really nice....The gun is apart now with the frame in the post to the grip maker, but we'll be making a few guns for pictures this week....Waiting on the 5 inch Victory barrel. But we'll do the Heavy Barrel, and the standard 4" barrel this week or next. I am very excited to do this, so it will be more sooner than later.....What the final grips will look like we don't know. Maybe checkered walnut with a coin like the pictures, or maybe smooth walnut in either the early or late Smith and Wesson Style....I was experimenting with a genuine Smith Cylinder release, old style, and with Minor mods it works, but adding another 25USD to the guns cost, and another 2 hours to the build time isn't in the cards, but for the hopelessly detail oriented, this is possible.

Gary C.
AKA Colonel Hogan
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Those look terrific, Col,

Ref, forward firing Blank guns - I've only used Maxsell and they have been great.

Jesse.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:52 am

Is this the picture you are trying to post?

Front firing blank guns New_re14

The easiest way to do if a picture is already online, is to right click on the picture, click properties, and then copy the location/address. Paste the address onto the forum, and type [ img ] before the address and [ /img ] after the address. But don't use the spaces. I had to use them in this text so they would show up.
Then the picture will appear on your forum post.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:36 am

I'm not finding any of this online- do you have a link?

Thanks,
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Col_Hogan

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:25 am

Yes, these are the guns....Mockups of course....the ACTUAL pics will be posted hopefully today or tomorrow....

The link is www.keystonearsenal.com then go to the FRONT FIRE Blank gun page...You will notice 2 models of the STEN available also....right now we're close with a full auto MP-40, and a full auto Thompson...The Thompson will be first....FUll Auto, totally BATFE approved designs, 9mmPAK ammo, possibly the option of a 9.3 ss-Room caliber....Yes, it's true. yes, it's exciting...I have been tirelessly persuing avenues for these guns since the 1970's....To save time with emails:

I don't know pricing yet.
I don't know which model of Tommy yet, 1928 or M1A1
Mags will hold probably 25 rounds

I'll know more in 2 weeks...When I know, you'll know....Signing up for the KAR newsletter is always a good thing....We send out only maybe 3-5 a year, and when we do it's for something important...something like this!

~S~
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:48 am

That would be my MP40 that we're almost done with, correct, Col?

The cool thing for me is that it will be built on my original kit - unlike my SSRoom one which is awesome, but not on an original frame.

Glad it is working out.

Jesse.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:56 am

Are KAR and Maxsell the came company, or competitors? Both have that new Zoraki 917, although KAR is saying it's their "exclusive"... and Maxsell was making similar claims about their front firing guns last year (several of which are now available at KAR).
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:07 am

They are different companies, Kevin, as far as I know - KAR is dealing with the same third party as me for the US made BFONG's.
Watch this space for the results of that one.
I don't know about your experience but 9mmPAK only works on film when it's full auto, otherwise you see no muzzle flash, also all the guns look chunky, bland and sort of air-softish on film/hi-def.
I used the "Beretta" Jackal until it came to pieces in spectacular fashion, but avoid the semi pistols.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:35 pm

How did the Jackal die- Any safety issues there? Was this one of your custom mods by Baker or one of the Maxsell front vents?
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Yes - all my fault, the modification weakened it, and we had flaming forward flash for about five 25 round mags, then it came to pieces in the stuntman's hand, in pretty spectacular fashion, no one hurt.

I'd buy another with forward flash except I used that one in every movie I made for a while and it's quite distinctive and rare, a full auto 92F, it doesn't make sense to keep using it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front firing blank guns   Front firing blank guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front firing blank guns
Page 1 of 1