MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frames for wall hanging.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Frames for wall hanging. Empty
PostSubject: Frames for wall hanging.   Frames for wall hanging. Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:31 pm

I remember when I first started my collection just on 30 years ago, I used to dream of all the replica guns I saw in the Collectors Armoury catalogue.

I bought my first Luger, and thought that I'd try to make a hanging frame similar to those what were for sale.
My next one, a PPK, I did the same thing.

I bought some sticks of Jarrah frame down the local hardware store, some backing board, some hooks, and I got my mum to get some velvet type stuff from the fabric shop.

The collection slowly grew, until my wall was not big enough.

These are the ones I made for my collection at the time, but now in my own home, I have all the guns locked away in glass doored cabinets in my spare room.

Luckily I never threw them away, as I just dug them out tonight to take some snaps.

Frames for wall hanging. DSCF9844Medium
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Frames for wall hanging.   Frames for wall hanging. Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:09 pm

These look nice! Effect was certainly worth the effort of building these frames :-)
You are also lucky to have room for display cabinets!

I had plans to build a sort of sliding panels with models mounted on them. Panels would be normally slid behind a cupboard, similar to sliding doors that you see on some wardrobes, but put behind the back side. Panels could be locked there, and slid out to show off models. Disadvantage was that boxes still had to be stored somewhere (I did not want to get rid of them). In the end there was not enough space for everything so models live stored in their boxes.

BTW - what is "Jarrah frame"? I can see what it looks like on pictures, but I have no idea what "Jarrah" part of the name relates to.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: Frames for wall hanging.   Frames for wall hanging. Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Jarrah is a timber unique to only grow in the Southwest of Western Australia.

It is commonly used in housing construction and furniture.
And of course framing for guns. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Frames for wall hanging.   Frames for wall hanging. Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Got it now :-)

Hmm, your post got me thinking, maybe I'll get a frame and make a "temporary exhibition", changing models over time. This should be much easier and better looking to do as a display than other ideas.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: Frames for wall hanging.   Frames for wall hanging. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:51 am

Smootik, if you are going to make a frame, then you'll need to devise something where you can change the position of the hooks for when you swap model guns around.

One thing is for certain, you will have some interesting looks when people come around to your house, and they will always be a topic of conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frames for wall hanging.   Frames for wall hanging. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frames for wall hanging.
Page 1 of 1