MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun Empty
PostSubject: Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun   Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Garyforce

Heres the next 1 of the rifle series Very Happy !
THE HUDSON DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN
(pictured below)
Specs
Length: 81 cms / 31 7/8" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 40.6 cm / 16" (open)
Weight: 1.6 kg (approx)
Materials: heavyweight abs and metal parts.
Grip: Wood stocks
Comments
This is a nice shotgun this one …but ! ……. I don’t know :s ….. to me it seems too small …. And too light ! If the barrel had been a metal one it would’ve improved the weight and problem solved ! still we have to remember we’re dealing with model guns here and open metal barrels aren’t going to happen !

Loading is idiot proof ! Very Happy
Take 2 of Hudson’s 12 gauge shotgun carts and put 3 5mm caps face up in the end ….. open the barrel and slide in the rounds and your done Smile
Firing
This particular shotgun has 2 triggers ( 1 per barrel obviously ) .. now…. fire at will Very Happy
Here as I’ve mention before is were the MARUSHIN P.F.C caps again win over the M.G caps not for the sparks (which you don’t get despite this being an open barrel gun :s )
No it’s the bang ! Very Happy Loaded with M.G caps and pull the trigger and it goes ‘pop’ ..load with MARUSHIN P.F.C caps and you get ‘BANG !!!’ and its damn loud ! Wink

Cleaning
Striping down this gun is similar to the Winchester:)
2 screws allow you to remove the stock. Next 3 screws let you open up the housing of the trigger / hammer mechanism.
Now the trigger / hammer mechanism isn’t complicated …. But can be fiddley to remove / put back as its 2 triggers ! Smile as always its best to refer to the instructions or to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit back together.
Next …… unscrew and remove the fore grip from the barrel (which you’ve probably already removed at this point).
Now you can clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that !
Over all
With the exception of the weight / size issue that I previously mentioned this is a nice (and loud) shotgun Very Happy
Its easy to load……easy to fire…easy to maintain and a good looking gun. But the weight does knock points off …… there are ‘possibly’ other models of double barrel shotguns which address this issue I’m none to sure ! ….. but we do have to remember that we are dealing with model guns rather than real ones.
I suppose seeing as this is an open barrel …you could possibly add some weights into the barrel to get the effect …..but that’s entirely upto you…..and im not really that bothered when alls said and done Very Happy 7/10

Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun 106583641
Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun 106583578
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun   Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Mark

Cool Gary Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun Icon_biggrin

You might try the Hudson "Mad Max" shotgun if you want plenty of sparks and loud noises Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun Icon_eek Of course, you can use less caps than 3 Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun Icon_cool If you can get "stick on" lead wheel weights, you could adhere them to the underside of the barrels under the forarm for added weight.(or even inside of the barrels on the bottom part) Nice review!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Hudson Double Barrelled Shotgun
Page 1 of 1