MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Empty
PostSubject: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Garyforce

Heres the next 1 of the rifle series Very Happy !
THE MGC REMMINGTON M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN
(pictured below)
Specs
Length: 87 cms / 34 1/4" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 40cm / 15 3/4" (open)
Weight: 1.8 kg (approx)
Materials: heavyweight abs and metal parts.
Grip: Wood stocks
Comments
This is THE pump action shotgun. If you don’t have a pump action shotgun and have always wanted one….then I recommend this fella Very Happy
A perfect length……comfortable to hold ….. a bit light but that’s down to the ABS barrel so can feel a bit unbalanced but you don’t notice that much ! Smile
Oh……and the pump action …… oh yeah Wink Very Happy hehehehe
Loading like my other shotgun is idiot proof ! Very Happy
Take upto 6 of MGC’s 12 gauge shotgun carts and put 2 5mm caps face up in the end.
Next take the carts and slide them into the chamber at the bottom of the gun ….. best to ‘pump’ the first round through and load in the other five .but hey you can do it any which way you like Very Happy
Firing
Ok …so if you’ve not ‘pumped’ a round through…..do it now ….. and pause …. Savour that moment because it does feel good if you’ve never handled one of these before Very Happy
Ok….. savouring over Very Happy….pull the trigger !
Again as I’ve mention before is were the MARUSHIN P.F.C caps again win over the M.G caps not for the sparks (which you don’t get despite this being an open barrel gun :s )
No it’s the bang ! Very Happy Loaded with M.G caps and pull the trigger and it goes ‘pop’ ..load with MARUSHIN P.F.C caps and you get ‘BANG !!!’ and its damn loud ! Wink
Then ‘pump’ the gun again….. the spent, smoking cart flies out the ejector on the left of the gun … and the next round is chambered and your ready to go Very Happy
Cleaning
Striping down M31 is relatively straight forward Smile
Next 3 screws let you open up the housing of the trigger / hammer mechanism. And a mixture of screw and allen keys help you to remove the grips and barrel.
Now the trigger / hammer mechanism isn’t that complex …. But IS fiddley to remove / put back together Smile as always its best to refer to the instructions or to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit back together.
Now you can clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that !
Over all
No jams ….. no misfires ….. no worry’s Very Happy ……. This gun is a good size …. As I mentioned the weight is a ‘bit’ light but that is hardly noticeable (you only really notice if you hold the gun and ‘think’ about it ! Very Happy
Its easy to load……easy to fire…easy to maintain and is an excellent looking gun and the real wood stocks give this a superb finish …well worth adding to any collection Very Happy 9/10 (not a perfect 10 only because of the weight !)
MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN 106584569
MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN 106584535
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Claymore

garyforce, man thats a lot of reviews in a short time period, well done mate and nice reviews (do you type 100 words a min or something).

Now pump action shotguns are a fav of mine i used to own a real mossberg 24inch slugster 6 shot and had great fun with it, Suprisingly enough i dont have a modelgun shotgun in my collection, been busy buying loads of expensive machine guns. I would love to add one of these to it though, not sure if there will be enough time now though.

I am suprised that you say it fires loud, i would of thought it would have a feeble noise to it, how many caps do you use.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Mark

Claymore, the RS2 that i had was incredibly loud and i was very hesitant to shoot it as i thought that perhaps my neighbors might hear it MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_eek (well, not really possible i guess) At first, i thought it might be a quiet report just like all of my other modelguns so, i loaded up 2 caps and fired it..Man, it was loud! Simply amazing MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin Now, i think that the cartridges will accept 4 caps at once but, i never got the chance as i sold it before i could try.

Great reviews Gary!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Claymore

Really tempted to pick one of these up but there are 2 models the one with real wood stock and the one with a folding stock which is all black. I am leaning towards the folding stock model as it looks more interesting but i like the thought of a real wood model also.
If i could get a folding stock to go on the wood model i would buy that so that i could swop and change it at times.

Any suggestions as to the better model.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Mark

Well, i had the folding version RS2 and it was interesting and i think that i would prefer it over the wooden stocked version but, that is a subjective descision that only you can make and whether either version is available pr not. Either version is a fun choice and they are interchangeable too also, there is a rare earlier all zinc version of the M31/RS2 now that would be cool MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_cool

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Garyforce

if im reading these instructions right claymore ..... and i freely admit im probably not as i dont speak japanese MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin hehehe

it seems to me that if you were to by the folding stock version.... you could purchase some wood stocks to swap them about.......but dont take my word for it MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin and i've no idea were to get the wood stocks from MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_confused
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Mark

I think that the only place that you are likely to find either stock assembly is in Japan unless, one of your suppliers can obtain either stock that you want from some other supply new or used. I know in the past, MGC would offer the stocks and forearms as custom add ons and other accessories for the RS2/M31

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by francky1958

Look this beautiful modelgun! mgc m31rs. I restored all of it, it was hard.
This is one of my favorite modelgun. Enjoy these pictures.
MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN DSCN6021
MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN DSCN6022
MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN DSCN6020
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Mark

Nice RS31 francky! And nice restoration too! It looks like new and considering the abuse that these modelguns usually received in the 1970's and 80's that restored very nicely! The all zinc costruction of these early RS31's is so much nicer than the ABS versions as they are stronger,heavier and they sound so much better when they are cycled!

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by francky1958

Hi Mark,
Thanks, I also think that it looks real!!
This one is still very popular in Japan, even plastic model "m31rs-2"
I don't like plastic one 'cause it's too light and action is too tight.
Anyway I'll keep this for good.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Claymore

That looks superb you have done a great job on restoring that, it must sound great when you pump the action. having just bought the folding stock version i am very impressed with the model, but full metal, i wish.

Dont blame you for keeping hold of that one Francky it looks great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN   MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Remington M31 / RS2 PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN
Page 1 of 1