MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Empty
PostSubject: CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun   CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by Garyforce

Well guys …. Here it is ……. Gary’s review of my newest modelgun and the one we’ve all been waiting for Very Happy … … may I present to you……
CAW’S BERGMANN MP18 MACHINEGUN
Or the
BERGMANN MASCHINENPISTOLE 18/1
(pictured below)

Specs
Length: 82 cms / 32 1/4" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 19.5 cm / 7 5/8" (full length / open)
Weight: 3650g (approx)
Materials: steel & zinc alloy
Grip: wood stock

Comments
This is the first time since buying my Thompson that I’ve opened the box of a modelgun and just stood numb ! ! Very Happy
The Mp18 was introduced by Germany during the Great War in the spring of 1918 the mp18 was a forward infantry assault gun with a rate of fire was similar to heavy machine guns and when your stood there looking at it guys ….. you feel it ……. WOW ! Very Happy .that’s all I can say !
The gun it self is simplistic in design and incredibly “stylish” Smile extremely comfortable to hold and reassuringly heavy Very Happy
The quality of this gun is quite frankly….astounding ! Very Happy

Loading the mp18 is pretty standard. The gun takes the 9mm carts (strikingly similar to Marushins berreta carts & ksc's luger carts )which you 1st unscrew, then you take a 7mm cap face up and pushing down the cartridge all that remains is to screw the cart back together. Having primed your cartridges (I only used 20) you simply feed them into the magazine slot the mag into the side of the gun and your ready to rock Very Happy

Firing
first …cock the gun.if you like and wish to savour the moment you have at this point the option of pulling the lever up to the safety position. .but.if you ready to go …….pull the trigger !
firing the gun took a little while for me…….. I just stood there ! Smile ….but when I did ! ………. Wooooooo hoooooo ! Very Happy
this is a fully automatic machine gun and the whole thing was over before I had noticed ….. at least that’s what happened the 2nd time around ….1st time I was so keen to fire it that “I failed to notice” that the magazine was ridiculously stiff and required some oiling…. As a result the carts came out like the animals on Noahs ark…. 2 by 2 ! Sad ….. .there were numerous jams ! …and 3 cartridges paid the price for my impatience ! Sad ….
But after I had taken the mag apart and given it a once over with some oil ……… oh my god guys shes a dream ! Very Happy

Cleaning
now to be honest here ! ……… I don’t know :? …….. this modelgun comes with no instructions …. Only a primitive “part list” diagram ….. the parts aren’t even shown as the model is assembled to give you a clue.
So at this point in time I haven’t really figured it out ! ….(and to be honest I don’t want to Smile )
However that said ……. It appears to be relatively simplistic ….. after the “barrel” is removed from the Woodstock it just seems to be a screw here a screw there and you have access to all the springs and inner workings (which are basic ….but then again aren’t the simplest ideas the best Very Happy )
After that you can clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you see fit. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that !
Be warned though …..as this gun has no instruction……and no diagrams of any real use ….. be sure to make note of exactly what your removing, where it came from & how you put it back ! Smile

Over all
For me……. The whole reason why I got into modelguns was to own a Thompson …….. that was it. there was no other reason …… I wanted a Thompson always had and anyone who owns a Thompson will I believe tell you they are astounding guns, a must for every collection, and the biggest “smile producers” there is.
Well ……… the MP18 is the Thompson’s rival ! …yes lads you heard me right I kid you not !…I am awestruck by this gun ! ( I know I’m not exactly impartial here and I have gone on about this since I ordered it …but…..come on Very Happy hehehe ) …… it may have cost me a lot because it’s a ‘specialty item’ and hard to obtain…… I may have got absolutely stung on import duty …… but my god……. I’d do it all again in a heartbeat for this gun.
The fact that there is no elaborate safety catch ……. Or single shot / full auto switch is irrelevant and didn’t even enter my head because I was so caught up in all the elements that make this weapon. The design is incredibly stylish, unbelievably simplistic… and superbly crafted by CAW … it really is a ‘perfect’ replica …….expensive yes …. But perfect in every way……. this is what modelguns should be about !

dont get me wrong ! I still love my Thompson …….. but if you asked me now to choose between the 2 ……. Well ……. It ain’t happening ! Very Happy
This gun is getting full marks 10/10 Very Happy …… if I buy 1 modelgun a month for the next hundred years I do believe I will be hard pressed to match this one Very Happy
CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun 109569898
CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun 109569903
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun   CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Mark

Excellent review Gary! So, your brother borrowed your camera Geeezz, i was waiting for the pictures CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_lol So, you must be extremely happy with the MachinenPistole eh? I think that i would have possibly made the same mistake that you did on the magazine because i couldn't wait to shoot it! The CAW MP18 has to be one of the most expensive modelguns out there that is currently made other than the Shoei modelguns but, all of these modelguns are fun no matter how much we spend! As for the lack of instructions for the MP Gary, you couln't have read them anyway unless den included translations for them. I see that the barrel shroud is pressed steel just like the Hudson PPSH 41 with the cast zinc receiver so i guess that the majority of the MP18 is cast and machined zinc parts so, all in all, it must be a heavy well made modelgun! Again congratulations!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun   CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Garyforce

you will notice now guys that the pictures are there CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin

judges for yourselves. CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_smile

i personally i think its a very "stylish" model

With regards to the instructions mark ..... i know i only speak to langauges... english and bad english CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin .... but even the part schematic of other modelgun is far superior to that the of the MP18 .... the parts arent even numbered or labeled in japanese anyway ! CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_confused

so going to have to be very careful when i strip this one down !

i think your right in the fact that this is one of the most expensive modelguns out there ...... but the quality of it mark ...... unbelievable ! CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin

there is not a single tinyest trace of anything plastic CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_smile ... both the barrel shroud AND the magazine feed appear to be steel .... the rest being zinc and the stock obviously wooden.

all round. i am well happy CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin ..and i recoomend this to anyone with enough cash to get one !..and if you dont have the cash...... hell thats what credit cards & loans are for CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun   CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Mark

So, no pictures of the cartridges Gary?

Yes, it was an expensive purchase for you but, it would have been a far more expensive purchase for me as it would have cost me at least $1,300 U.S. (or more!) to get the MP18..The Shoei series of modelguns is as expensive as the Bergmann if not a little more but, the CAW Bergmann is more unique as they where the first issued submachine gun and they simply look cool!

Of course,(I think) your Bergmann is the Schmeisser patent version with the improved magazine as the earlier Bergmann's used the Luger's "snail" drum magazine...

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun   CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Garyforce

Mark has just informed me elsewhere on the forum that there have only ever been 200 of these Bergmann MP18s produced !

i am stunned by that fact ! CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin

so guys if you want 1 ..... theres only 199 or so left in the world CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin hehehe
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun   CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Garyforce

hey claymore CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin

just to let you (and the rest of the guys know) CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin

that out of all the 9mm carts you sent me (ta very much by the way wasnt expecting THAT many CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_lol ) the MGC M9 9mm and the KSC 93r 9mm carts are IDENTICAL to the carts supplied with my mp18 ...... so... i guess those are the ones CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin

Thanks again to claymore (your carts are on their way back today (thurs) CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_biggrin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun   CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAW's BERGMANN MP18 Sub Machine Gun
Page 1 of 1