MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KSC Beretta M93R

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

KSC Beretta M93R Empty
PostSubject: KSC Beretta M93R   KSC Beretta M93R Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Claymore

KSC BERRETA 93R
KSC Beretta M93R 93rfullauto
My model is the 2nd edition HW version there is also a 1st edition which i non HW (so slightly lighter weight) also the barrel cuts are different the 1st edition has 3 horizontal cuts acrross the front of the barrel the 2nd has 3 vertical cuts around the front of the barrel. Also markings on the models are different on the 1st i believe (as i have not seen one) are berreta markings on the the 2nd the berretta markings have been replaced with KSC corporation.
That said i have 2 2nd edition models and one says KSC tha other has Berretta markings.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS
First impression was very good, the 93 has a good weight to it not heavy but substantial enough to make it feel like a solid quality model. The gun lookgs good (ewell in my opinion) seeing as it has an extended barrel, a pull down handle at the front of the trigger guard and an extended mag, this would make some guns look unbalanced and ugly but on the 93 they add to the looks and make it stand out. The 93 has a matt black finish to it, its a pity they dont do a chrome version as that would really look the business.
KSC Beretta M93R 93r6rside

KSC Beretta M93R 93r7lside
LOADING AND FIRING
The mag holds 20 rounds of 9mm and they are the CP type and loaded in the usual way for this round, they take a 7mm cap. There is no loading tool to make loading easier so its a matter of loading one round at a time. The mag is metal and is easy to load.
The 93 is a semi auto pistol (one round at a time) but with the ability to fire 3 round bursts, which is what makes this gun interesting, any pistol capable of full auto fire gets the thumbs up from me. 3 round burst is acheived by moving the selector lever on the left side of the gun to the 3 dot position and for semi to the single dot position.
You can if you wish turn the 93 into a full auto model. Under the grip on the right side is a ratchet and spring this ratchet controls the 3 round burst fire, remove the ratchet and you get full auto and of course still maintain semi auto.
This is a great gun to fire out of the box, it is fairly loud as modelguns go and the rounds gert ejected with force and will fly some distance (making dents in the walls if you are not careful). I have found that with most modelguns though after the recoil spring has been worn in a bit then rounds get get thrown as far or as violently as when the gun is new.
Semi auto is fine, slide action is crisp and loading and feeding of rounds is excellent.
3 round burst is a joy but happens so fast its more like one shot and of course with 3 rounds being fired that fast the sound of firing is increased. You really need a 50 round drum for this gun as it does fire at an incredible rate and you get through a mag very quickly.
One of my 93's has been converted to fire full auto but as yet i have notbeen able to try it so i cannot report on how well it fires, i will udate this review once i do. Also Mark tells me that rather than remove the ratchet to acheive full auto you can put the seletor lever betwwen the single and 3 round burst positions and this will give you full auto, i have not tried this as yet.
Like all models you will get jams, rounds not functioning as they should normally and for me jams only occur on 3 round burst, but when a model fires this fast jams are likely to occur.
PROBLEMS
OK, i have had problems with a large percentage of my models so there is no guarentee that anyone else will suffer the same problems. Thar said i know Mark has encountered one problem that i have had. so first off,
DO NOT DRY FIRE THIS GUN
If you do do the firing pin will detach itself and fall out, not good! Even if you get it back in you will probably lose 3 round burst.
Now Mark took his 93 to bits and has sorted the problem (you can read how elsewhere on this forum) for me it ended up getting a new slide.
Next the barrel broke, this happened to me twice and in the same place, the lugs on the barrel sheared off. Now why this should happen i have no idea there does not seem to be any reason why. I really need to find out what is putting stress on the barrel and breaking it as i have no doubt it will happen again, so anyone with a 93 if you can help.
KSC Beretta M93R 93rbarrel1
ACCESSORIES
As this is a KSC there are extra parts you can get, these are meant for the airsoft models but fit the modelgun. So you can get a silencer for it which fits over the barrel and a grub screw fastens it on. A word of warning, the silencer is for display only, i tried firing with it on and the ruddy thing blew off (as i say this is really meant for the airsoft model). Before anyone says was it on tight enough, yes it was and the grub screw left a gouge down the barrel. Being stupid i thought i should try again and suprisingly the silencer blew off! Well not right off this time but to the end of the barrel.
So use the silencer for display only, unless someone can come up with a better idea on how to kee[ iot on.
Next accessory is a stock, there are 2 types for the 93 and older chunky lookinf stock (possibly for the real 93) that has a formed section so that i folds down and fits over the mag whilst attached to the gun and the version i have which is much thinner an cannot be folded down when attached.
The type i have is fine as a stock and is attached and detached very easily but for looks i would much prefer the other type stockand if anyone has one but does not want it or knows where i can get one please let me know.
Wooden grips are also available but at a high price they do look good though.
The stock and silencer do look good when on the gun and make it even more impressive when on display.
OVERALL
This gun is good fun and works well, it looks great and feel's good in the hand. 3 round burst is a hoot and full auto hopefully will, be tremendous. The down side of course is worry over the barrel breaking but there must be some way of curing this (a metal barrel anyone).
The model is still in production so spare are available and the gun itself is not expensive from places such as G&G.
One more thing for fans of Robocop, modelguncollector will convert one to a Robo gun for approx £265 including origianal 93. If the VCR bill does not go through then this is something i will have to add to my collection, i know its not a real gun but it looks great.
KSC Beretta M93R 93r4
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

KSC Beretta M93R Empty
PostSubject: Re: KSC Beretta M93R   KSC Beretta M93R Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Mark

Cool claymore!

I was wondering about the suppressor (silencer) i was thinking about obtaining one for my M93's but, now i don't think that i will if you can't shoot the M93 with them attached...The probem is (i think) the slide is heavy and the barrel is moving at high speeds this can cause Jackhammer like conditions to exist that "blow the suppressor off the barrel" When your barrels broke, had you been using or attempting to use the silencer?

I have noticed that some of the airsoft versions of the M93R have metal outer barrels available for sale perhaps, one of these can be modded to work? That would cure the problem quickly..

I too want to find one of the Beretta isued shoulder stocks with the opening for the magazine. I don't really ever see these stocks for sale, i wonder why? They must have only made a few of them originally..

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

KSC Beretta M93R Empty
PostSubject: More 93R...   KSC Beretta M93R Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Piling on here with some pics/vid of my KSC Beretta 93 Raffica.

I have the "proto" version in ABS plastic. Mine has nice Beretta markings and the overall fit and finish is in my opinion fairly good. Weight is good, it is quite a large pistol! I've never handled a real 93R so i really can't compare the 2, the real 93R is said to have a weight of 1170 grams, my scale is FUBAR so i can't check the weight of my modelgun.

Some of you might remember the short vid i made of my Remington shotty? In this vid tried to omit myself and focus on the gun itself, i'm not great on video editing and i forgot to turn the radio off Embarassed i wanted you to have audio so hopefully Youtube won't hand me my ass 'cuz of stealing music...

'nuf said, pics and vid:
KSC Beretta M93R 19637639.th

KSC Beretta M93R 29649483.th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B4ADNDHxSY

Uhm, i still need to work on my editing skills...
Had a few malfunctions and some fumbling in general, not that i tried to do a slowmotion at half the regular speed, and yet the 3 rounds seem to go pretty quickly! Awesome cyclic rate, i'd very much like to time this gun to know how many rpm this baby chugs away at!

Just from these little experiments with short vid clips makes me go all humble for the work behind movies, hey Jesse, thinking of you there!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KSC Beretta M93R Empty
PostSubject: Re: KSC Beretta M93R   KSC Beretta M93R Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KSC Beretta M93R
Page 1 of 1