MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL Empty
PostSubject: MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL   MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Garyforce

Ok guys ….. next up for the Gary review service …… is something that’s been lacking ….. and that’s the automatics ….. so here we have ….
THE MGC MODEL COLT .32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL
(pictures below)

Specs
Lenght: 17.3cms / 6 6/8" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 10 cm / 4" (open)
Weight: 550g (approx)
Materials: Heavyweight abs & zinc alloy
Grip: Plastic (not to sure if wood grips are available)

Comments
Well this pistol is a fraction smaller then the 1911 but….. it’s a damn sight heavier …. And incredibly comfortable to hold. ….. its extremely well crafted as you would expect from MGC and is a wonderful example of a .32 .personally my first impression was “I prefer this to my 1911” Laughing

First you need to get to the magazine and unlike the 1911 which has a button just behind the trigger …. The 32 has a catch at the base of the magazine …… this personally … im not all that struck on :? …but more of that later.
The carts as you would expect are small so therefore take 5mm caps and the capacity is 6 in the mag 1 in the chamber. Load the carts by unscrewing them and inserting the cap as im sure we’re all now used to…. Feed as many rounds as you wish into the mag …. Insert it.and your ready to go.

Firing
Obviously if you haven’t already done it at this point you need to chamber the round by puling the slide back and hearing that reassuring “click clack”. Very Happy ….. then all you need do is pull the trigger. Obviously depending on how fast you fire determines how quick this action is ….. you can however unload the 32 in about 3 seconds ….. and its LOUD ! 😉

Cleaning
The Colt 32 strips easily …first push the ‘pin’ through which holds the slide in place then push the slide forward and off. This allows you access to the barrel.
Next remove the grips and a series of other ‘pins’ (no screws) allows you to remove the weights in the handle …the hammer and trigger mechanism.
Again let me stress as I have done many times, as you remove the hammer & trigger its important (if not refering to instructions) to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit together ! and be warned ... putting them back together is a fiddley business !
Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (personally i would recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and voila !

Over all
For me as I said earlier …. The size and weight of this model give it that extra notch above my Colt 1911 ….. it fires superbly and as I said is ridiculously loud Very Happy ….. strips and cleans easily and is yet another fine example of MGC craftsmanship Smile
The thing for me that knocks this gun down a bit is for me the way the magazine is released ….. don’t get me wrong here guys… the way it is, is the way it’s supposed to be …… but I think we can all say hand on heart if we’re totally honest with ourselves is that we all love the release button on our 1911’s Very Happy
So …all in all ….. a cracking modelgun ….. but I’m afraid that the magazine release is knocking this one down to a 9/10 …… it just for me..slows down the action and the enjoyment Very Happy
MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL 118802745
MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL 118802764
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL   MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Mark

Another cool review Gary! I have been looking at the MGC .32 pocket (HW) for sometime now but, they have been hard to find in good shape with the cartridges and the box. The original box has some interesting art on it that makes it nice to have along with the pistol. Some of the MGC boxes with their cartoon artwork on them is almost as nice as the pistol itself! I too, dispise the "heel" mounted magazine catch and like many others prefer the behind the trigger magazine catch arrangement. The 5mm cap cartridges O-rings are a pain though as they almost always blow off of the piston after shooting them! And the O-rings wear out fairly rapidly.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

MGC COLT 32 AUTOMATIC PISTOL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun Reviews-
Jump to: