MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Empty
PostSubject: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Garyforce

Hello Very Happy
Ok here’s Gary’s next review from the handgun series Very Happy
next up....
KOKUSAI’S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL
(pictured below)
Specs
Length: 16.5 cms / 6 1/2" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 5 cm / 2" (closed)
Weight: 545g (approx)
Materials: Metal
Grip: Plastic (wood grips are available)
Comments
Ok this revolver has a good weight to it and is rock solid full metal version (which means it has a blocked barrel) Sad . still that’s no worry’s really! The markings on the revolver are excellent quality.
Loading the M36 is similar to loading the bisley. The cartridges are .38 revolver carts taking a 5mm cap face up in the end. Having primed your six cartridges you push the cylinder release catch forward which allows the cylinder to swing open to the left. Holding the gun in your right hand you can then slide the cartridges into the cylinder with the right, or ! if you have a ‘speedloader’ you can just use that as easily. Next swing the cylinder back so its closed again and your ready. Smile
Firing
Now ..... here you don’t need to do anything … thats right you heard me ! .....nothing ….. just pull the trigger Very Happy
This revolver (unlike the Bisley model I reviewed) is ….well you could say semi automatic in the sense that you can just keep pulling the trigger and the cylinder will automatically rotate until all 6 rounds are spent. Depending on how quickly you pull the trigger the whole process can be over in about 6 seconds Very Happy
There is no chance of jamming here ! … and if you do for some unfathomable reason have a misfire it wont spoil your day because just keep pulling that trigger and you move to the next round. Very Happy
Now its with this gun that I’ve come to appreciate the MARUSHIN P.F.C caps over the M.G caps and the reason being is not for the sparks (which is pretty pointless on a closed barrel gun :s ) but let me just put it this way. Load her with M.G caps and pull the trigger and it goes ‘pop’ ..load with MARUSHIN P.F.C caps and you get ‘BANG !!!’ and a damn loud bang at that Very Happy (the ringing in my ears lasted quite a wee while while I can tell you …. I would not recommend firing this indoors if you can help it Wink heheh)

Cleaning
Now there’s two ways you can clean this gun. The ‘easy way’ and the ‘thorough way’
First the easy way. Very Happy
Ok … open up the cylinder, remove the spent carts and clean them as you would normally. Then grab your self a handful of cotton buds dipped in your cleaning solution and clean out the cylinder. That’s it ….. simple init ! Very Happy
No need to clean the barrel as there isn’t 1 ! and unless you’re throwing the gun around in the mud theres little need to do much else.
The thorough way though involves you striping the gun down.
A single screw releases the grip. 3 screws then allow you to remove the plate that houses the mechanism. Again iv’e said it before and I’m saying it again as you remove the hammer & trigger its important (if not refering to instructions) to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit together ! and be warned ... putting them back together is a fiddley business
Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that ! you don’t need to clean this revolver that thoroughly that often unless your firing it a lot that is !

Over all
so …. There you have it ….. possibly the simplest gun I own Very Happy … loads easily. fires great (and loud :lol ) and is ridiculously easy to clean and maintain.
If your model doesn’t have wooden grips I do recommend investing in them as it just finishes the gun off ! (this model DOES have wooden grips by the way Smile ) …. However ! …. The grip is a personal gripe of mine ! …I don’t like this style of handle personally …. I’m an old fashioned kinda guy ! …. I prefer the ‘square’ fuller grip and I just cant bring myself to like the butt of this revolver. :s I personally find it an ‘uncomfortable grip and a bit ‘unbalanced’ as a result.
But hey …… that’s just me Smile ….. if you like these type of grips then this is an excellent revolver ! I would give this a 9/10 (it could only be a perfect 10 with an open barrel but that isn’t going to happen with an all metal version Sad ……mores the pity! )
But ! ….. because I don’t like the grip on this … I’m only giving it an 8/10 …. So it’s a personal preference thing … 8/10 if your as fussy about your grips as I am Very Happy …. 9/10 if you couldn’t care less Very Happy
KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL 118801997
KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL 118801953
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Garyforce

an embarrassing amendment to my review here guys

KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_redface

its a FIVE SHOOTER .....not six ! KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_redface

but hey ...... gimme a break..it was late ..... and i got mixed up with my bisley which is a six shooter KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_biggrin

so ....... sorry about the people KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_biggrin
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Garyforce

just out of curiosity !

you know the ............ i dont know what its called so ill say "finger grip" thats shown on the endoshoji site.

can they be removed ? ..... cause id rather not have em ! KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_smile

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Mark

So, you don't like the grip spacer eh Gary? KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_smile I really don't know why the Japanese like the grip spacer as much as they do..Maybe they feel that the small grips on the revolvers are too small for their tastes. I don't know..Yes, the spacer (or grip adaptor) is removeable as it has spring fingers that fit under the grip panels. So, you can easily remove them. KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_cool

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Garyforce

no i dont like the grip spacer mark KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_biggrin and im now glad to know i can get rid of them !

another thing that REALLY annoys me is the damn little red plastic bit on the end of the sights ! but you cant get rid of that ! KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_confused
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Claymore

Hey great, i thought the grip spacer was part of the model and that has stopped me buying the model 19 2.5 inch. the spacer really does nothing for the appearence of the gun although i am sure if you had a real one with it on you might find it a practical addition.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Mark

The grip spacer was originally intended to increse the size of the grip and to prevent the triggerguard from beating up your fingers when the gun recoiled by removing the "gap" between the rear of the triggerguard and the grip frame. These spacers where popular back in the 1960's and 70's when the small "snubies" or short barreled revolvers where carried regulary but, since small semiautomatics are far more popular today, these grip spacers are rarely seen as the market is small for them.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL   KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KOKUSAI'S M36 .38 CHIEFS SPECIAL
Page 1 of 1