MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extractor and det pin probs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

Number of posts : 100
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Extractor and det pin probs Empty
PostSubject: Extractor and det pin probs   Extractor and det pin probs Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Evening all
I have had the problem for quite awhile now and it very annoying i can't seen to cycle my Mauser no more not at all the carts keep getting stuck on the det pin i think well they come half way out then pliers are needed also my extractor does not work even before the det pin probs and idea i may need a new top half of the receiver and bolt.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Extractor and det pin probs   Extractor and det pin probs Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Based on my experience with other models check these things :
- det pin is properly aligned. If pin or mounting inside the slide are crooked, cartridges get stuck.
- det pin has not "swelled" due to its hammering on cartridge piston. Tip of the pin might increased in diameter slightly, causing blockage.
- hole in the cartridges are not deformed. If cartridges hit something when they fall, the may no longer be circular and jam.

Clearances is quite tight, so even minor damage can cause problems.

Another thing is to see if det pin is completely clean of deposits and rust, but I suppose you have this one well in control :-)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Extractor and det pin probs   Extractor and det pin probs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 am

Yep it sounds like a det pin problem as i had the same issue when i mistakenly fired a Hudson PPSH round in a Mauser Shocked and the piston wedged itself on the det pin No

8ace
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Extractor and det pin probs   Extractor and det pin probs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:39 am

HI
Thanks guys yep it was the det pin the piston i think gets caught on the tip of the det pin abit like what smootik was talking about.
Quote :
det pin has not "swelled" due to its hammering on cartridge piston. Tip of the pin might increased in diameter slightly, causing blockage.
Bit like this as well
Quote :
the piston wedged itself on the det pin

The det pin is clean-ish i may need to get out the vinegar and baking soda

Quote :
the piston wedged itself on the det pin
could you get it out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extractor and det pin probs   Extractor and det pin probs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extractor and det pin probs
Page 1 of 1