MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post-Traumatic Shopping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Post-Traumatic Shopping Empty
PostSubject: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:45 am

After an entire week of mourning in HK for the totally unworthy deaths - for me the better way to heal the wounds is to get out for more guns Wink ...

Post-Traumatic Shopping 240820101450
Post-Traumatic Shopping 240820101449
Post-Traumatic Shopping 240820101451
Post-Traumatic Shopping 240820101454
Post-Traumatic Shopping 240820101464
Post-Traumatic Shopping 240820101472
Post-Traumatic Shopping 240820101448

"Worsk" is wrong - should be either "Worse" or "Worst" (nothing got to do with the quality though)...

This is the "Browning Version" - last time the Colt marking version only 100 pcs made and this time only 50 pcs made...maybe last time the Japanese customers already had enough with the Colt version so this time finally some left-overs for our mini HK market...extremely expensive though as the exchange rate now is $9.00 -> ¥100 Shocked

Also I got Tanaka's Colt Python 4" HW last weekend - not as good as Kokusai's HW version I reckon (but dimension wise Tanaka is more realistic)...
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:47 am

Hard to believe that they can't spell their own Company's name right ... Rolling Eyes

Well those things can happen and it does not really bother me. Your model looks great and I am sure it is a rare one too. Love the Colt markings.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 am

Nice one! I oogled this model in the past and put it on my "wanted" list, but it will have to wait for the next shopping spree ;-)

Please do a review!
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Do you know if CAW made any modifications to this model, compared with MGC?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 am

Something like "movable" dummy trigger safety on the back of the grip - other features such as the rounds remain in old MGC style (i.e. not "real-sized" rounds)...

Also this is in HW - reckon MGC only made these in ABS along the way...
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Jim,

You know what?
Kokusai Python is made based on Diamondback scale. Stupid engineer from Kokusai scaled wrong gun.....impossible...

I think a scale wise, Tanaka would be lot more realistic.

S
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:28 pm

shazhib wrote:
You know what?
Kokusai Python is made based on Diamondback scale.
That's a good one :-D

Jim, so MGC model does not have a moveable grip safety at all? And CAW one is just dummy? Interesting, I hoped for more realism here. In theory it's very similar to 1911 that they did correctly.

Last edited by smootik on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor grammar)
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:49 pm

If memory serves me right the old ABS Marushin M1910 had a working grip safety. I would miss that feature.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:09 am

shazhib wrote:
Jim,

You know what?
Kokusai Python is made based on Diamondback scale. Stupid engineer from Kokusai scaled wrong gun.....impossible...

I think a scale wise, Tanaka would be lot more realistic.

S

Tks Man Very Happy ! No wonder why I always feel Kokusai's Python is somewhat slightly smaller to hold (also the size of the cylinder as well)...

Tanaka guns usually with more realistic dimensions but material wise they aren't as good as Kokusai (take the HW version for example - I like Kokusai's FedHW more)...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:26 am

smootik wrote:
...so MGC model does not have a moveable grip safety at all? And CAW one is just dummy?

Not too sure about the MGC version - but what I can say is when it was still on sale back in the early 90s it only cost ¥4,800 - a very cheap modelgun indeed (at that time the new Beretta M9 = ¥16,500): to reduce production cost I strongly believe MGC skipped as many details as possible...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:29 am

MadMike wrote:
If memory serves me right the old ABS Marushin M1910 had a working grip safety. I would miss that feature.

Even the recent release of those repro dummy Browning M1910 still retain the functional trigger safety feature (ironically the gun itself modified to dummy version Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:46 am

A pic for better understanding (keep in mind both are dummies):

Post-Traumatic Shopping Colt32TriggerSafeties
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks for pictures, they show it clearly Smile
Your comment about price driving simplicity of design is very interesting, I was not aware that this was such a cheap model at the time of release.
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:19 am

Jim,

Back in those days, MGC models were meant to build for better firing, rather than a detail. CAW's grip safety moves, but that's it. It does not function as safety.

S
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:24 am

Thanks for the affirmation Very Happy ...talking about MGC guns: although their Tommy Gun's in metal I can't hardly feel the realism in it (the same for the Beretta M9 - the barrel's locking block is completely different to the real thing but it does fire better than Marushin's)...M1 Carbine as well...

I wish CAW can somehow convert their .32's trigger safety as functional - after all this is one of the most symbolic features of Colt's semi-auto pistols...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Traumatic Shopping   Post-Traumatic Shopping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post-Traumatic Shopping
Page 1 of 1