MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC's Customised M73 Randal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC's Customised M73 Randal Empty
PostSubject: MGC's Customised M73 Randal   MGC's Customised M73 Randal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Garyforce

Well people.heres one of the coolest guns i now own ! Very Happy ....

THE CUSTOMISED M73
a.k.a.
the Western Saddle Carbine (M73)
a.k.a.
the M73 Randal

(pictured below)

Specs
Length: 51 cms / 20 1/16" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 19.5 cm / 7 6/8 (open)
Weight: 2.2kg (approx)
Materials: Metal.
Grip: Wood stocks

Comments
This gun is COOOOOL Very Happy …seriously …from the moment I laid eyes on it I was like…WOW Very Happy
This is basically a cut down version of the Winchester M-73 rifle it has a smaller barrel and smaller stock ..but a bigger lever
Im not too sure who the manufacturer is (I suspect MGC) because barring the words ‘WESTERN SADDLE CARBINE’ on the barrel it doesn’t say anything else anywhere … now to be honest I kind of like that because it makes the gun that wee bit more real Very Happy
Like I say …COOOOL Laughing

ok Loading the cartridges is the same as the revolver carts. The carts are Winchester M73 44-40 Cartridges each taking a 7mm cap face up in the end. Having primed your cartridges (a maximum of 6) you ‘feed’ the rounds into the rifle at the chamber on the right of the gun.

Firing
first we have to chamber a round so crank that leaver down and back up again……and fire! Very Happy
Ok …. Then its simply a matter of crank the leaver again to eject the spent cartridge and load the next.
Now…this gun cannot be fired like a pistol with one hand … and it cant be fired like a rifle from the shoulder …. The ONLY way to fire this is from the hip Very Happy …and my god is it cool Very Happy
As my particular model appears to be a customised version with an open barrel I was gob smacked by how loud this was …and by how much of a flame… not sparks…a FLAME came out the short barrel… it was excellent ! Very Happy

Cleaning
Right …… striping the M73 is easy …its exactly the same as its big brother (the Winchester rifle)
2 screws allow you to remove the stock. Next 3 screws remove the side plates…. Now you can remove the trigger / hammer mechanism.
unlike my other reviews the trigger / hammer mechanism isn’t that fiddley or difficult to remove / put back together so that’s a refreshing change !! still its best to refer to the instructions or to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit back together.
Next …… unscrew and remove the fore grip. Then you can remove the loading chamber.
Now you can clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that !

Over all
If you don’t own one of these ….then why the hell not … stop reading this and go out and buy one dammit ! Very Happy
I mean what can I say …… it looks excellent …. Its amazing to hold …. Its incredible to fire …. And the quality is unsurpassed. WOW
10/10 .. Very Happy This gun is that good ! … a must for every collection ! Very Happy
...did i metion this gun is cool ! Wink

MGC's Customised M73 Randal 130391873
MGC's Customised M73 Randal 130391842

p.s. many many thanks to francky for this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

MGC's Customised M73 Randal
Page 1 of 1