MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfecastle

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : U.S.A.
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts! Empty
PostSubject: Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts!   Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:37 am

This is my first time on this forum!

I am a feature filmmaker based in Hollywood, CA, looking to use Modelguns in my independent films. You can check out my movie FINALE on DVD in the USA, Canada and Australia - plus it will be coming out in the UK soon. It's a horror film!

I purchased the MP-40 to use in my next project. Anyone in the Los Angeles area feel free to message me! I need a lot more guns than I have $$ on hand for my upcoming project. As a token of goodwill toward the modelgun community, and because I wish I'd had them to watch before I began construction of my MP40, I created videos of my Model Gun Assembly:

I hope you enjoy them! If anyone wants me to make more videos like these, and can subsidize some sort of exchange (it was a big undertaking - at least three weeks in the making) just let me know!

Hope this finds you all well-

Best,

John Elfers
Director of FINALE
Fire Trial Films
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts!   Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:31 am

Welcome to the forum!

Excellent entry, movie instruction is easier to follow than written (or even pictorial) ones. It's also more difficult to make, obviously not that much difficult for a film maker :-) I can truly appreciate that you decided to make them, especially given how much effort and time it takes. I'm sure many people will find it useful, even if they don't register and comment here. I certainly will when I decide to go for this assembly :-)

Great to see growing ranks of movie industry people coming here, showing that modelguns also have interest outside of pure collecting.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts!   Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:57 am

Hi wolfecastle, Welcome indeed to the forum Very Happy

Thanks again for accepting my invitation to join us here. Having watched your videos on youtube I knew how helpful they'd be to kit builders here and that, hopefully, you'd glean some help and enjoyment from the members here too.
As I mentioned to you in our messages, there are several members working in the Movie Industry here with us so you'll find good company.

I'll look forwards to hearing from you, thanks again

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1232
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts!   Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Excellent vid mate my problem is i dont have the patience for all the sanding and smoothing, wish i did. 1 question how do you judge how much to hammer the internal barrel bar as this detrmines the correct seating of the det pin, i have put together a couple of barrels and both have been a very tight fit and needed a good amount of hammering to get them in (OK so i should of smoothed things off but remember the patience thing) i think the steel inner should sit on a ride in the barrel but how do you make sure you get it just right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts!   Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin MP-40 Instructional Video on Assembly in 2 parts!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun Videos-
Jump to: