MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tonysilas

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : india
Registration date : 2010-10-11

HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Empty
PostSubject: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:53 am

Hello all
Happy to see a lot of guys interested in blank guns. I personally have a walther ppk and IOF .32 revolver and in addition an IHP .177 calibre rifle and walther cp88 co2 powered pistol. I have no blank pistols with me. I wanted to own a blank pistol from many days. I decided to purchase Beretta M92fs blank gun. I hope anyone of our friends would answer my questions in point wise.

What is the difference between a blank gun and a pfc gun and other types?

Can anyone let me know the site which sells the above mentioned type of gun to india?

Will the weight and the sound be accurate as the real weapon? [one of my friend saw the video and said it sounds like a cap gun]

Which is the better among the beretta m92fs and m9?

IF there are any types of blank guns please enlighten me.

thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Blank gun is a gun constructed just like real gun (steel etc) that fires blank cartridges = cartridges just like real ones, with gunpowder, but no bullet. They make the same sound as real guns, are used for historic reconstruction, training etc.

Cap-firing gun is a plastic or soft metal toy gun that uses special cartridges to detonate toy caps. They do not contain gunpowder, but red phosphorus. Cap detonation makes some sound (much smaller than blank or real), sparks, smoke, and it can also power cycling of the model. Internal mechanism is similar, but different to real guns

Weight is often much lighter than real guns, because models are made of plastic. Metal models are closer to real weight. Sound is nowhere near real gun, it is a tiny cap after all. Depending on model/cartridge construction it can be a bit loud in closed space, but that's it. Outside no-one will probably notice the sound.

M92FS and M9 are practically the same. M9 is a military version of M92F. M92FS is M92F with a larger hammer pin. Other than that there is different marking on slide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92

No idea which shop would sell to India - you need to check with them. Please note that MGCUK stopped shipping outside of UK and modelguns-worldwide has closed in early 2010. Make sure you know about law and import procedure!

Hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
tonysilas

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : india
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:09 pm

So you say the blank guns differ from cap firing models,pfc guns?
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 3:36 pm

You might want to try these guys out.
You never know what they might carry or what plans they have to manufacture or import what you might be after.
http://www.wholesalereplicaguns.com/
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Yes, they are very different. Most cap-firing modelguns would fall apart from power of blank cartridge.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:49 pm

I know it can be confusing sometimes. Here in NZ a main supplier listed Modelguns and advertised them as blank-firing!

On that basis I bought a Hudson Thompson SMG. When it arrived I discovered it fired these "funny blanks" that came in three pieces and you had to put a cap inside them.'confused'

When I followed all the instructions and fired the gun, it was ok on semi-auto; useless on full auto, and sounded like a Toy cap gun.
I was very disappointed and returned the Thompson and the "blanks", and got my money back.'Sad'

That was MY introduction to modelguns 3 years ago! I only discovered this forum in March this year - thanks be to the Great God of Modelguns! And the learning keeps on keeping on!'cheers'

Good luck with your importing into India. If it's easy I'd be surprised under the current political conditions.
And welcome to the forum - you will find it a wonderful resource with really helpful & nice people here!'study'

KG
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:34 am

I'll second what's been already said, and add:

Some blank guns are decent steel, but many are actually cast pot metal kinda stuff... somewhere inbetween the plastic or zinc of modelguns and the steel of real firearms.

Many have plugged barrels and actually vent all the hot gas, powder residue, etc out the top or side. Others vent out the front, but have a divider. All have other mechanisms built in to prevent their use as real firearms: narrower magazines and chambers, barrel restrictions, cylinder dividers on revolvers, etc. Some countries don't allow front venting models, or make them harder to get. Other countries allow front venting, and often sell them along with attachments for using them to launch flares, fireworks, tear gas or rubber bullets.

Blank guns are still dangerous. Modelguns are only dangerous if they scare someone else in to shooting you with their real gun.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE   HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED FOR A NEWBIE
Page 1 of 1