MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flight cargo now under more surveillance

Go down 
+2
claymore
smootik
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Flight cargo now under more surveillance Empty
PostSubject: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Following some unclear problems with suspected cargo on UPS planes it was announced that all cargo will be checked more thoroughly:
http://www.euronews.net/2010/10/29/ups-bomb-alert/

This means that modelguns might get more attention than usually.

Please make sure that any packages include paper with explanation of content, especially for metal models:
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1226
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:46 pm

I do agree with you on the pricipal of this but having spent many yrs in the enviroment security is a dirty word and no one has or is willing to spend the money, to do more checks takes time money and personnel and no one has it they rely on intelligence to give them the heads up saying they will check more makes people like you and i very careful but in reality they can do no more than they are already doing its just not feasable money manpower etc etc dictate security you can keep 100% for a week then it has to reduce and reduce until it hits a sustanable practical level, nothing will change they may say it will but it wont they cant afford it thye are not prepared to do it and we would not accept the reality of 100% security hence why the terroist gets through. we all have to be carefull how we participate in this hobby bu this latests threat will in my opioion make no difference to the checks made sometimes your parcel gets stopped but for the most it does not.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 am

Thanks for putting things in perspective :-)

Looking at the latest news its seems that it was a very targeted check, based on intelligence information, just as you wrote.

I will remove this announcement after about two weeks from now.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:49 pm

This is something that came to my mind too. I think it will get more complicated anyway as some couriers already do not want to transport replica guns.
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 352
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:13 pm

claymore wrote:
I do agree with you on the pricipal of this but having spent many yrs in the enviroment security is a dirty word and no one has or is willing to spend the money, to do more checks takes time money and personnel and no one has it they rely on intelligence to give them the heads up saying they will check more makes people like you and i very careful but in reality they can do no more than they are already doing its just not feasable money manpower etc etc dictate security you can keep 100% for a week then it has to reduce and reduce until it hits a sustanable practical level, nothing will change they may say it will but it wont they cant afford it thye are not prepared to do it and we would not accept the reality of 100% security hence why the terroist gets through. we all have to be carefull how we participate in this hobby bu this latests threat will in my opioion make no difference to the checks made sometimes your parcel gets stopped but for the most it does not.
THIS HAS TO BE THE LONGEST SENTENCE I'VE EVER READ!! Shocked

replicarms likes this post

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 am

I'll add it here, although this is a separate piece of news.

EU is now working on a new directive (inspired by ACTA) where Customs will be allowed do destroy packages deemed to contain samples of "unauthorised copies". This will include small and private packages with samples (defined as up to 3 pieces, and up to 2kg weight).

In case you wonder who is going to help enforcing - penalty for transporting "counterfeit goods" will be inflicted on carriers/couriers.

Given that several companies (such as Umarex) hold right for airsoft replicas of Colt/H&K etc, you might see what might happen here with overzealous checks. One more hurdle to work with when importing :-/
Back to top Go down
huwreynolds
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
huwreynolds

Number of posts : 90
Location / Country : Norway
Registration date : 2012-04-25

PostSubject: Shipping   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Any idea which couriers are OK with shipping PFC’s? I get my stuff via UPS from Hong Kong usually, but I’m in Norway where real weapons are still legal. Not sure about the UK anymore. Just asking in case I want to buy a PFC from someone in the Uk.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am

Hi Huw,

John at www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com has I'm certain, agreed a Contract with Royal Mail allowing him to use their services to ship any Replica Guns including PFCs out of the UK. I'd suggest you check that with him to be absolutely sure.

Without an agreed Contract like that, NO Courier including Royal Mail permits Replica Guns to be carried and shipped either within, or out of the UK. This obviously creates a problem for us in the UK. When we do need to mail PFCs within the UK we've little choice but to do so knowing there's always a risk that Royal Mail or Couriers may scan or X Ray the package.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flight cargo now under more surveillance   Flight cargo now under more surveillance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flight cargo now under more surveillance
Page 1 of 1