MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935 Empty
PostSubject: Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935   Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Garyforce

Hi guys ….ok next up for review … Very Happy
THE MARUSHIN BROWNING HI POWER M1935
(pictures below)

Specs
Length: 19.5cms / 7 6/8" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 12 cm / 4 6/8" (open)
Weight: 395g (approx)
Materials: Heavyweight abs (metal finish) & zinc alloy
Grip: Plastic (not to sure if wood grips are available)

Comments
ok ..when I first opened the box I thought …”ooooo this looks good” …and its true the metal finish does make the gun look good Smile .… the downside is it makes it feel horribly plastic ! Sad …. ..though its comfortable to grip it is extremely light which threw me as well as I like my guns to have a good feel to them.

well …. You release the magazine with my favourite Very Happy … the push botton to the left of the trigger Smile …you prime the carts by unscrewing the bottom of the cart and inserting a 7mm cap face down. … next insert your carts in the magazine up to 13 (one in the pipe) .. and your done Smile

Firing
well…..you’ve chambered a round……so pull the trigger Very Happy …. You can unload the M1935 in about 3-5 seconds …….. obviously depending on how fast you pull the trigger
As with my other “back firing” model guns (meaning the ones were the caps are back to front) this is loud !

Cleaning
First pull the slide back far enough so that the ‘curved’ cut out in the slide aligns with the right hand edge of the slide stop catch. Then from the opposite side of the slide you can push out the stop catch. You should now be able to remove the slide from the gun.
Next flip the slide over and were the hammer would strike you should see to the side a small screw which you need to undo … once you’ve done this you remove the ‘catch’ that’s embedded in the slide(it’s a bit fiddley this part to be honest ! ) ….now you can remove the spring and the barrel.
Next step is to remove the grips and you can then begin to remove the hammer and the trigger
As I have said before …… as you remove the hammer & trigger its important (if not referring to instructions) to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit together ! and be warned ... putting them back together is a fiddley business !

Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (personally i would recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and your done!

Over all
well …. It fires well …. It looks good …so on that side of things it’s a great model ! Smile ….. But…and heres a big but coming..,. Im afraid this feels horrible ! Sad
If this is how all ‘metal finish’ plastic models feel then im afraid id rather do without em ! Sad
My personal feel on things is that we spend more time looking at our guns or having them on display than we do pulling the trigger …so looks the aesthetic is important …. But if it feels ‘wrong’ to the touch and its too light … then all that is lost ! :?
Im glad ive added this gun to my collection but it doesn’t have the ‘solid’ feel of my other pistols …… im afraid the M1935 is only getting a sorry 6/10 from me :?

Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935 130391616
Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935 130391582

p.s. many thanks to Gecko for selling me this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935   Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Claymore

Gary,mate sorry for some reason i have only just read this review. The browning is one of my favourite guns as like the sterling it was my personal sidearm for many yrs.

I have to agree the the metal finish models feel bad but they look good and my metal finish is for display only, later models that are heavier feel much better but still dont fire with the force of newer modelguns.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935   Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Mark

Hey Gary,

Just like claymore, I am not sure as just why I had not seen your review of the Marushin "metal finish" Browning HP earlier..I have had a couple of the Marushin metal finish modelguns and they have felt really light and somewhat "plasticky" also, the finish wears quite quickly. Enough of the bad stuff, the Marushin line of pistols seems to be very good as they seem to have a good firing design and they seem to work well. I too, like the Browning HP as it is a classic looking pistol and it is a good feeling pistol at that.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935   Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin's BROWNING HI-POWER M1935
Page 1 of 1