MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES

Go down 
+10
pedal2metal
hirohawa
MadMike
jim
smootik
Cerwyn
JohnnyV
Ozguns
mrclark
Kerland
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Empty
PostSubject: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Anyone have 'em... I was looking through the "instructions" forum and saw that Doc had kindly posted an old MGC catalogue and I was wondering if anyone had a US Collectors Armoury catalogue from the 1970's / 1980's...

I used to love it as a kid, especially the slightly ridiculous Napoleon Solo drawing for the UNCLE p38 and the Clint Eastwood drawing for the 44 Magnum...

It would be a real treat/blast from the past if someone does have and is willing to post... I used to have dozens that have all disappeared.
Back to top Go down
mrclark

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:03 am

I have one, I'll try to scan it
Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 am

That would be amazing! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Here are the two requested pages from the 1981/1982 catalogue. Smile

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0002Custom2

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0003Custom2
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm

1911 from the above period military/espionage model 300 but chrome version
OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Img_0422
OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Img_0423
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 pm

You may also like the U.N.C.L.E. drawing from the RMI Catalog posted by HIGUsan here:

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2644-mgc-man-from-uncle-walther-p38

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Kerland

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Guys... this is amazing... such a trip down memory lane... back then it was hard to afford the stuff since I was about 12 so seeing the photos of the catalogues is fantastic because I literally have those pages etched in my mind...

It would be great to post the whole thing at some point... but it truly is great to see. And what a great forum for someone to take the time to scan and also put up the photos of the nickel plated colt as well!

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 am

If you want, I will scan and post the rest of the gun section from that catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 am

That would be great!!!!!!! Can't wait!

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Here are the rest of the gun pages from the 1981/1982 catalogue.

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0004Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0005Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0006Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0008Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0009Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0007Custom

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:58 pm

That truly is trip down memory lane... thanks.

And it is funny that the Sterling is one of the cheapest SMG's in the catalogue and now it's one of the most valuable!

Again, thanks.

Kerland

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:42 am

I have the 1985/1986 (I think) catalogue at home too, which if I remember correctly has a lot more guns and kits listed. I will check that one out.

Also, I just noticed that this thread was originally posted back in early November, so I don't know how I missed it the first time around. I hope I didn't steal mrclark's thunder when he resurrected this topic, but hope he still posts some pages from the catalogue he has.
Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:54 am

That would be great if you have the 84/85 catalogue to post!!!
Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:55 am

Sorry, should say 85/86 catalogue... I guess I'm just excited!
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Here's the gun pages from the 1985/1986 catalogue.
This time it includes kits and blank guns.
I haven't included a couple of pages which are virtually exact copies from the previous catalogue.

This is even getting me excited again! Smile

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0010Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0011Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0012Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0013Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0014Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0015Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0016Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0017Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0018Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0019Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0020Custom

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Collarm0021Custom

Back to top Go down
Kerland

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:23 pm

This was great. Thanks again... Just when I think "Oh, I have all the old replicas from the catalogue" I realize how many there actually were!!!!

It's also really interesting to see the prices... Some guns really haven't gone up that much in value.

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 pm

Yeah thanks, not a problem at all.

There certainly were a lot of replica/model guns back then, but i think now there are actually more, if you get hold of them.
The laws are making it so hard, and because of this, I think it makes the prices go up.
"Supply and demand" as they say.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:17 am

"nkoinuma" site has over 650 models described with pictures. Granted, many of these are variations of the same main model, like a multitude of MGC 1911 Colts. Counting just the main variants (not just different markings) there is over 300 including different barrel length, chambering etc). I would need to check how many distinct ones are there, perhaps around 150-200.

Check it here:
http://homepage3.nifty.com/nkoinuma/

Last edited by smootik on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added website address)

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 am

Ozguns wrote:
Here's the gun pages from the 1985/1986 catalogue.
This time it includes kits and blank guns.
I haven't included a couple of pages which are virtually exact copies from the previous catalogue.

This is even getting me excited again! Smile

So all these were available in Australia back in the 80s as well... Question Or is it just the catalogue...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 am

smootik wrote:
"nkoinuma" site has over 650 models described with pictures. Granted, many of these are variations of the same main model, like a multitude of MGC 1911 Colts. Counting just the main variants (not just different markings) there is over 300 including different barrel length, chambering etc). I would need to check how many distinct ones are there, perhaps around 150-200.

Can you post the hyperlink here Smootik please? Want to have a look Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:22 am

Jim, as far as I can remember, Wellington Surplus were importing all their stuff from Collectors Armory in the US, so I'd imagine that they might have either carried the stock or ordered them in on demand.
I do remember when I bought my first gun which was a Luger, that they had a whole front shop window full of hand guns and SMGs on display.

What I find surprising these days, is that they still sell a selection of guns which are mainly Denix, yet they are not allowed to sell any Japanese guns at all. It's a weird law!
http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/subcatDisplay/MILITARIA

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 am

Maybe...because Denix looks less realistic (more ugly), unable to cycle anything and with completely empty magazines (Japanese dummies can still somehow cycle dummy rounds) Question Or maybe you can help asking the guys from the shop to get more insights?

Another wild guess - Japanese dummy modelguns are OK but then the Aussie importer just don't want any trouble therefore stick with Denix only (Qld's Collector Armoury as well)...still you guys are better off than us in Sydney / Melbourne...

More pathetically (the law) - Tasmania used to be the most gun-friendly state but since Port Arthur even replicas are banned... Exclamation

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 am

Thank you! I really enjoy the catalogues! I still can remember the day when I first saw Marushin's M16 kit at a gun and knife store back in 1989/1990. I was hooked, but not yet old enough to buy one. Sadly these "assault weapons replicas" were banned in Germany 1993. Since 2003 they are legal again, and back in 2005 I began collecting.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:18 am

MadMike wrote:
Thank you! I really enjoy the catalogues! I still can remember the day when I first saw Marushin's M16 kit at a gun and knife store back in 1989/1990. I was hooked, but not yet old enough to buy one. Sadly these "assault weapons replicas" were banned in Germany 1993. Since 2003 they are legal again, and back in 2005 I began collecting.

So is it the reason that Dittrich only established in late 2003 after the ban of military look-a-like was lifted (sensitive German WWII weapon repros)?

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:53 am

Yes, exactly. Until 2003 everything looking lika a full automatic assault weapon was banned in Germany, no matter if it was a real semi-only firearm, a dummy/deact, a low-powered air gun or a toy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES   OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OLD COLLECTORS ARMORY CATALOGUES
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next