MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin XM177E2 Kit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Marushin XM177E2 Kit Empty
PostSubject: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:06 pm

**** Originally posted by gmanuk ****

are they any good. i wana get a full auto asault rifle and i like the idea of full metal? i read about plastic flashes but model guns sell them for £10 metal ones that is
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:07 pm

**** Originally posted by mark ****

The Marushin XM177 kit is a challenge to put together but it is worth it as it is the only all metal M16 modelgun being produced currently. The kit's flash hider is plastic but, it really doesn't matter as it still looks great. So, i think that it is worth buying
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:07 pm

**** Originally posted by claymore ****

You really have to follow the instructions well and by that i mean study the pics as the instructions are in japanese.
I gaurentee that the gun will give you problems when you first put it together, the bolt will need work to get it running smoothly and there will be a lot of other tweaks before it functions right.

Putting the screw on stock in place is a knightmare, i have been told to take the paint of first as that will help but it is a hard bit to get into place.

I have had mine working well only once and by that i mean gettting through a mag with no problems.
Through this forum i have cured a lot of the problems i had and each time i get the gun working better.

It is an excellent model in looks and when it fires its great but be warned putting it together yourself means it will not work great straight away but you will learn a lot about the way the model works.

If you are looking for a more reliable model i would buy an MGC or if you want the marushin get it pre-built. Mark would disagree with my last comment of getting it pre-buit and i can understand why he would (you learn more by doing it yourself) but you will get a model that works better by doing it that way.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

No actually, i would not disagree with you on the kit vs. factory assembled modelguns as the kit's are in Japanese and they are full of small and difficult to handle little springs,pins and what not. The factory assembled guns are more desireable in the long run as they where assembled by trained people with the right tools at hand.

Besides, the Marushin XM177 stock is extremely hard to screw into the lower receiver as the threads on the stock tube are "flat" whereas, the threads are sharp in the receiver. Just threading the stock tube on took alot of time and swear words to assemble it . And there are other points of assembly that are tricky too. The MGC eventhough it is HW plastic, works better and feels actually heavier than the all zinc Marushin. So, if you want a tough to assemble M16 model get the Marushin XM kit. And if you want a easy to fire out of the box M16 get the MGC.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:08 pm

its a hard decision i will get it pre built with some mods done not sure what tho the shop owner says they do some mods so it functions better. im not sure what i get tho a xm177e2 or the M4A1?? its hard descion i dont like the idea of loading both 5mm and 7mm in the xm177 carts tho. i need help with what to get so please say why either guns is good and bad cheers
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:08 pm

GmanUK,

I would suggest the M4A1 if you like the current and latest model of the M16 and the M4A1 is heavier than the Marushin even though it is made out of plastic. The MGC is very solid feeling although it is made mostly of plastic and if you don't handle it roughly, it should last a long time. Also, the MGC cartridge design is very reliable and it works better than the Marushin cartridges. I would get the Marushin if you like the early kind of the M16 and you have to get an all metal M16.

The Marushin cartridges don't need two caps (5 and a 7mm) to work properly. all you need is some grease and some used caps with holes in them to use as seals on the bases of the cartridges.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

**** Originally posted by madmike ****

I decided to dare building a Marushin XM 177 E2 kit in February. Of course it is a challenge, and I needed Marks help and advise. But I had a lot of fun and learned well how it operates. Mark is right, you do not need two caps, just one 7 mm cap and an old used 7 mm cap inserted upside down as gas seal. This works great.
To be frank the stock assembly was no problem on my kit, the threads fitted great. But the two barrel parts did not fit properly and needed reworking. So it seems that it depends on the age of the kit which parts will not fit well as there seems to be ups and downs in built quality.

I have to say I love my XM 177 E2, although it does not always work flawless and needs a hell of maintenance. But it looks and feels so realistic, the dull black finish, the cold steel feeling ... I can´t keep my hands off it more than a few days. I added a steel XM177 flash supressor mit 14 mm positive threads, made by Guarder (www.intrudershop.com). It adds weight to the gun, making it a little better balanced.

I would recommend you should dare getting one. If you take your time (it took me a whole day), follow the instructions (the pictures are all you need) carefully and sort the small parts well, it should work out.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:09 pm

**** Originally posted by claymore ****

I have both models and for me the M4A1 wins, it is heavier than the marushin which is suprising as the marushin is metal and it works all the time and straight out of the box.
If you are getting it from Jay at modelgunlguns.co.uk then i am sure the tweaks he makes to the marushin wil work great as he has made these for yrs, however when i asked about marushin or mgc for an M16 he pointed me the MGC way.

If the VCR bill was not going through i would say try the marushin (pre-buit) as you could get the M4A1 later, but under the circimstances i would go for the MGC M4A1 it works great straight away and feels good heavy and solid, if you held the 2 together you would prefer the MGC.

I hate putting you off the marushin because it is a good model (even better from Jay) but i dont think it will ever be as reliable as the MGC.

I do believe that Jay can do a conversion for the marushin to use MGC rounds so if you still go for the marushin you could ask him about that.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:09 pm

thanks every1 fro ur replys im gonna have to think about it. its just one of them hard choices im sure we have all come across them i just like the idea of metal over plastic but.... i will have to see
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

You really can't go wrong on either of these modelguns...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin XM177E2 Kit
Page 1 of 1