MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Serial Numbers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fearless

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : USA MN
Registration date : 2011-02-07

MGC Serial Numbers Empty
PostSubject: MGC Serial Numbers   MGC Serial Numbers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 am

Is there a way to determine a year or approximate year an MGC gun was produced from the serial number? Most of mine have serial numbers below 1500 and I wonder if this increases or decreases the value of one if it were to be sold? Does this also affect any effectivity for replacement parts?

For instance I need a hammer and a trigger for an MGC Long Fighter revolver S/N 1264. This is a non-firing (Blocked Barrel) 44-40 Long Colt. Will a hammer/trigger from a newer model work?

Or one could use it as it is, you can fan the hammer without having to pull the trigger back! Loading would be a risky event though!

Tough question I know, but have a lot of models that need parts replaced and want a fully functional collection in the end.
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Serial Numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Serial Numbers   MGC Serial Numbers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 am

year cannot be worked out from serial numbers although the fact they have serial numbers mean the guns are earlier rather than later manufacture.

no difference to value either way.

MGC no longer produce any spare parts or are in business so its lucky to find any spare parts but 99% will fit most models ( a few have changes to manufacture ..the thompson for example )

DOC
Back to top Go down
Fearless

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : USA MN
Registration date : 2011-02-07

MGC Serial Numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Serial Numbers   MGC Serial Numbers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:10 am

Ok, hey thanks for the info! that actually helps me figure out what to do for parts.

take care
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC Serial Numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Serial Numbers   MGC Serial Numbers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Serial Numbers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: