MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Empty
PostSubject: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by Mark

Recently, I bought this:
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly002
Its early zinc/steel Marushin Uzi that I purchased from Banjoe. This is a strange modelgun, as several features are very interesting to say the least.
Note the barrel:
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly006
It looks somewhat different eh? No bypass...
Barrel removed:
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly015
Then the bolt:
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly008
Its a cast steel Shocked one piece assy! (No, that's not a crack near the extractor its a scratch.)
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly009
The Barrel is One piece Shocked
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly011
The back half of the barrel, is steel that is pressed? into the cast zinc front half. The detonator (paper cap) looks like it threads into the chamber. At this point, I don't know if it does or not. The barrel doesn't pass the "blow through" test so, I think that its a closed barrel model unless the detonator is blocking the holes..
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly012
The chamber end with the detonator. Again, I think that the detonator threads into the chamber.
The magazine:
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI MarushinUziearly010
This is a rather strange Marushin Uzi magazine with a liner in it Exclamation that certainally cuts down on its capacity..I think (but since I don't have a real Uzi magazine) that it is a full size magazine in that I can replace it with a real Uzi magazine without needing to fit or file it to fit the magazine well. Also, I tried fitting the later Marushin Uzi magazine in the early magazine well and it was really loose..And the early magazine won't even try to fit the later magazine well..Way too tight...
The later Marushin Uzi with the stamped steel lower must have a slightly smaller magazine well as it seems to accept the later Marushin Uzi magazines. (at least as far as I can tell in the pictues)

Anyway, it is a very early modelgun as far as I can determine. How early? I really don't know at this time. If I where to guess, I would say mid to late 1968? The fact that it has a fully removeable barrel is suprising as well as the cast steel bolt assy. Of note: the trigger, sear and other smaller parts are cast or stamped steel. This Marushin Uzi is ment to take some heavy duty play time action!
Also, this has some really different features compared to the later Marushin Uzi like the separately cast rear sight assy that "bolts"on the receiver. That, and the color/weight etc. that make this a different modelgun.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by francky1958

hi mark,

you got the one that you have to. this is the very early type of marushin UZI which is the absolutely collectors piece. but maybe you are going ot try to fire it , i'm sure.
now back to your uzi, it produced around 1973~5 i guess. i'm really sure that your uzi is the very very early model because you can disassemble the barrel from the receiver.
there are so many things differ from the latest one, especially the material of the receiver which is zinc alloy but latest one made of allumi alloy which is light.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Mark

Hi Francky!

Thanks for the information on this unusual Marushin Uzi! Is there any information that you can find for this marushin? Like instructions? I would love to see how the detonator is removed from the barrel. Are the early, paper cap cartridges available anymore? Or is it better to convert it to use the late model PFC or CP cartridges instead. The removable barrel actually makes me somewhat nervous for some reason...I think that this model weighs more than the original Uzi! INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_eek

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Madmike

Hiya Mark, I bet you are too tall for an UZI anyway!

The early versions of the UZI which were used by the German Army as standard SMG were fitted with such a wood stock. Today these woodstocks show up from time to time from old stock surplus.

But the wood stock Marushin offered looks slightly different. The stocks I have seen here in Germany lack the slight recess on top.

No question, you have a nice UZI and a very rare collectors item here!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Mark

Hi MadMike!

Yes it is a cool Uzi! But, as you can see that it lacks the detail that the later Marushin Uzi has. The rear sight assy that bolts on etc...The interesting thing is that Marushin (and apparently,TRC) modeled their Uzi after the German Bundeswehr issued version instead of the Israeli with the yiddish selector markings.

I am way too tall for most rifle/submachinegun stocks as my arms are very long. So, most stocks are far too short for my tastes!

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms

Last edited by mark on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Mark

Interesting..I was looking at my newer version of Marushin's Uzi and I noticed that it is a West German version of the Uzi (MP UZI Kal. 9mm) replete with the DES (Dauerfeuer Einfeuer Sicherheit) selector markings that the German issued Uzi had. Also, the later Marushin is extremely light in weight compared to the early version that must weigh more than the real Uzi INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_eek

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Mark

Francky wrote:
hi mark,
it's pretty hard to get the manual for your uzi, because not many people possess the same one , even in japan.
by the way, can you figure out the dia of the detonator? i have some cartridges that i don't know which makers made or for which modelguns. there are 9mm open type.
Hi Francky,
I understand. I would have guessed that the manuals would be very hard to find as TRC as well as Marushin very probably produced few of these early Uzi's due to "self regulation" (Japanese modelgun manufacturers in an attempt to forestall any possible new government modelgun restrictions started to self regulate their industry by further blocking the barrels and other possible "bad" features) These must be fairly rare TRC/Marushin modelguns I have seen relitively few of them for sale over the years and they are always the Marushin marked versions. (actually, they are marked "Marusin")
I will try to get the detonators dimensions once I finish the detonator removal tool that I was making last night (I ran out of time Sad ) I assume that the detonator screws into the chamber.
Francky, can you post pictures of the mystery cartridges?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Mark

Claymore wrote:
That looks very interesting and if the bolt is steel then thats got to be good would it fit the newer model
Hi Claymore!

Unfortunately, I tried to fit the early bolt in my late Marushin. The bolt in the late version has a square cut to clear the bypass that the later gun features. The early bolt has a rounded profile that just clears the barrel assy. This difference can easily be seen in the bolts picture. There are some other differences as well. While I suppose that the early bolt could be machined to fit, it won't just drop in as is.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by francky1958

hi mark,
here are pics of mystery rounds. diameter is 10mm, not 9mm and height is 25mm as i shown on the pic. actually these rounds are shorter than the latest cartridges. detonator should be very wide.
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI DSCN1441INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI DSCN1442-1
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Mark

Thanks for the pictures of the mystery cartridges Francky! They look like the early Marushin cartridges that I have seen before. But, I am not sure..They could be the right ones but, I still have not removed the detonator from the barrel to measure it. Hopefully, I can get it out soon. Do you know if the detonator is threaded?

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by francky1958

hi mark,

i tried to take it out once before, but i couldn't, there are any goove on the tip of the detonator. i noticed that the barrel is not one piece, i mean not one solid stuff from pics. i think it's combination of steel and zinc, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Mark

Yes, it is a combination of zinc and steel. If you look at the chamber end down at the base of the detonator you will see a small single slot. I think that the slot is made for a special Marushin detonator removal tool.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by francky1958

yes, i can see that, it looks like not easy to remove. i hope the thread part not rusted. concerning the chamber is made of steel which is durable, there is a possiblity to modify to the open barrel using steel big rod or pipe.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Mark

Well, I would rather not make any replacement parts other than tools and small parts like this detonator removal tool:
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Detonatortoolbuild013
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Detonatortoolbuild029
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Detonatortoolbuild042
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Detonatortoolbuild036
INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Detonatortoolbuild037
Back to top Go down
Azguy
Azguy

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:18 am

excellent review

I recently acquired the very same model, any more info on these since the last post?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:29 am

I've recently aquired a highly modified early version UZI too. Mine's been converted to fire MGC P220 c.p. cartridges so, time permitting, I'll try putting something together in writing and photographs here asap.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI   INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INTERESTING EARLY MARUSHIN UZI
Page 1 of 1