MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin UZI for sale

Go down 
+3
jim
kiwigunner
frankalon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
frankalon

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Marushin UZI for sale Empty
PostSubject: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:09 am

Hello - I have a Marushin Uzi that was originally purchased in the early 80s. It was given to me by a friend for use in a film and has been very lightly used. I live in Canada and I would like to sell this item, but I don't really know how to go about it. No idea what the regulations on doing so are, if there are restrictions as to who I can sell it to, or where. I would appreciate any comments, or if you're interested in buying it, please let me know. The gun appears to be in full working condition, with very little wear except that the pivot pin on the folding stock has gone missing. Otherwise it's complete, still in the box, and comes with 19 brass plug fire cartridges and one and a half boxes of 7mm plug fire caps.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:46 am

What's your asking price?
And ow much would it cost to send to New Zeland.
No major Customs issues here - but what are the Canadian EXPORT regulations??
Cheers
Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:00 am

No offence Kiwi but some words from me...I suggest the sales to be limited as a domestic Canadian one because it seems no new modelgun can be imported and once this is gone - this is gone (similar to Australia & some other countries).

The Lucky Country New Zealand (sorry not Australia when talking about guns) still allow new imports (live ones included) from any part of the world so...better leave the chance for your fellow Canadians frankalon...
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 am

Point taken & no offence at all.
Now that I know the Canadians and Aussies have those restrictions, I guess I'll be trying even harder to make the most of being a Kiwi!: just got an RMI Colt SAA from the USA sent yesterday; and ordered a WE Browning GBB from Singapore today!
"Make hay while the sun shines" as the saying goes.

Thanks Jim.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:52 am

kiwigunner wrote:

Point taken & no offence at all.
Now that I know the Canadians and Aussies have those restrictions, I guess I'll be trying even harder to make the most of being a Kiwi!: just got an RMI Colt SAA from the USA sent yesterday; and ordered a WE Browning GBB from Singapore today!
"Make hay while the sun shines" as the saying goes.

Thanks Jim.

Are you sure it is from SINGAPORE? Even bubble gums are banned over there (both GUM & GUN in this regard Laughing )...next time if you want anything please buy it from Hong Kong Wink

Australia suffers the most regarding gun bans - unlike Canada where there is the "Grandfathered Clause" for those who owns what they have can still keep it therefore only new licensees affected (also very easy for fellow Canadians travelling down to Nevada for some fun) - and in the UK, deacts are generally still available & also the semi-auto .22 rifles permitted...Australia almost left to nothing comparatively (now time to tell myself "OK Jim - stop whinging")...

I have been suffering of value restrictions for military products sent from the US (i.e. each order limits to US$100) - so the guns sent in parts separately?
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

OOPS! Sorry I meant Hong Kong! I only shop there if I have no other choice due to freight costs. Prefer Japan!'Exclamation'

Re Australia; I have heard from my Aussie friends that there are one heck of a number of firearms buried on cattle stations in the outback - well it's an urban legend anyway. Those Aussie Gun Laws are pretty unjust by any stretch of the imagination.
They just tend to make criminals out of the average nice guy, who just happens to have or had a gun hobby.
And like all unjust Laws, some time, somewhere, a Robin Hood-like person will arise to take on the establishment's BS:
Robin Hood, according to historical legend, broke the law to bring Justice! 'affraid'
Every nation has that type of Hero - William Tell for example........history suggests, that as we are currently seeing in the Middle East - eventually the human spirit says enough is enough! A a rebellion of some type or another ensues.'What a Face'

History lessons are often forgotten by politicians and bureaucrats, don't you think?
And as for the VCR Act in the UK and the Royal Mail Dis-service .......... you can own a de-activated gun but not a plastic or metal Modelgun ????'scratch'

I'm not paranoid ....but those people who are following me everywhere must be!!!!! 'lol!'

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi Frankalon,

If a buyer from the UK was to offer to buy your UZI, he/she must be a registered and current member of a Living History Re-enactment group, Airsoft Skirmishing site, Film/TV company or supplier, Museum and be able to prove that to HM Customs when they stop the package at the Importing point.
It's the buyers' responsibility to ensure they comply with UK Law when Importing from overseas.

Shipping restrictions are worth checking. Best make sure Canadian couriers and postal service allow Replica Firearms to be carried ... check about shipping those caps too, they may be regarded as explosive items now and prohibited. That wouldn't stop the gun itself selling, just don't include them in the parcel.

e-Bay.com may be a good way to sell in North America. Gunbroker is another option for on-line Auction sales without most of the hurdles exporting overseas can bring.
As for value, that depends a lot on which material the pistol grip/magazine well/trigger housing is made of. Full metal (other than the grips themselves which will be ABS plastic) versions are more durable than the later ABS type, so command better prices.

I hope this helps a little

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 am

Just as an addition to what Kiwigunner said about our Aussie laws.......

We have always had a fairly restrictive gun law in place, but the current laws became tougher after Martin Bryant went silly at Port Arthur. It was after this incident, that the Govt had a gun buyback system in place, banning semi and full automatics etc etc. Then came the restrictions of replica guns, BB guns, knives and so on.

For those who don't know who Martin Bryant is, I think he still holds the unfortunate record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_%28Australia%29
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:47 am

kiwigunner wrote:
OOPS! Sorry I meant Hong Kong! I only shop there if I have no other choice due to freight costs. Prefer Japan!'Exclamation'

Re Australia; I have heard from my Aussie friends that there are one heck of a number of firearms buried on cattle stations in the outback - well it's an urban legend anyway. Those Aussie Gun Laws are pretty unjust by any stretch of the imagination.
They just tend to make criminals out of the average nice guy, who just happens to have or had a gun hobby.
And like all unjust Laws, some time, somewhere, a Robin Hood-like person will arise to take on the establishment's BS:
Robin Hood, according to historical legend, broke the law to bring Justice! 'affraid'
Every nation has that type of Hero - William Tell for example........history suggests, that as we are currently seeing in the Middle East - eventually the human spirit says enough is enough! A a rebellion of some type or another ensues.'What a Face'

Kiwigunner

God knows how many M1 Carbine / Chinese SKS & pump action shotguns are still out there in the outback frankly speaking...

Then for the hero turning the table - although unlikely but still hopefully...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:54 am

Ozguns wrote:
Just as an addition to what Kiwigunner said about our Aussie laws.......

We have always had a fairly restrictive gun law in place, but the current laws became tougher after Martin Bryant went silly at Port Arthur. It was after this incident, that the Govt had a gun buyback system in place, banning semi and full automatics etc etc. Then came the restrictions of replica guns, BB guns, knives and so on.

For those who don't know who Martin Bryant is, I think he still holds the unfortunate record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_%28Australia%29

Additional info regarding nice Mr Bryant's guns:

1) That AR15 used was supposed to be destroyed during the Victorian Buyback back in 1993~94 BUT then it turned to the Tasmanian dealer who sold it to Bryant Mad ...;

2) Both Pump & Semi shotguns are banned simply because Bryant had a Daewoo (or Saiga) Spas-15 styled shotgun placed in the boot of his car (never been used - according to reports over the years) so the blanket ban cover these as well (then the new Howard government wanted to ban everything so this chance's too good to miss)...
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:23 am

Off topic a bit, but the UK suffered after the Hungerford incident. Following that, the police managed to influence the firearms act so that you could not de-classify a firearm and so made all of the Saxby and Palmer converted Lee Enfields, illegal overnight! For those that don't know, S&P converted a batch of WW2 Lee Enfields into .22 air rifles, using the the pre-compressed air cartridge system. They were only ever capable of 12ft lbs of muzzle energy, but after Hungerford, the law on paper said they were firearms.
When Brocock took over the system, the police then went after the Air Pistols that they produced and we had another change in the law. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Azguy
Azguy

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 pm

We are gaining more firearms freedoms here in the US, we have been lucky enough to hand some major defeats to the anti-rights crowds over the last few years.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI for sale   Marushin UZI for sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin UZI for sale
Page 1 of 1